Windows 10: Audio just stops working. Have to re-logon or reboot to fix.

Discus and support Audio just stops working. Have to re-logon or reboot to fix. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an acer spin5 for many years. I've been having audio issues. Usually it happens when using my browser Firefox, bit happens with all browsers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kbatzer-2015, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Audio just stops working. Have to re-logon or reboot to fix.

I have an acer spin5 for many years. I've been having audio issues. Usually it happens when using my browser Firefox, bit happens with all browsers, Chrome, Edge. I've tries reloading the audio drivers. I've used the Troubleshooting app. It sometimes works but it's not permanent. This happens multiple times . Very frustrating. I don't know why. Any suggestions?

:)

kbatzer-2015, Jan 13, 2021

2. Audio Not Working after numerous fixes...

Hi there J, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

What I can suggest is DELETE completely all the Audio drivers listed in the device manager.

There should be a small box that you can tick to delete completely the Audio driver.

And make sure you remove all audio devices listed.

Here is how to do it

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

FerdinandNanalig, Jan 13, 2021
  3. audio stopped working, windows 10

upgraded to windows 10 by reservation few days ago... compatibility test result was fine... audio stopped working all of a sudden... tried upgrading the driver software in device manager
    but in vain... also tried these methods suggested by Microsoft help community... but the audio is still not working, neither speakers nor headphones

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Playing Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Playing Audio.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Method 2:

If there no updated drivers available on the computer manufacturer’s website, then try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers
    in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the audio driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer and check if the issue persists

gomo_vivek, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Aceman.au Win User

Audio just stops working. Have to re-logon or reboot to fix.

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Audio just stops working. Have to re-logon or reboot to fix.

1. Audio just stops working. Have to re-logon or reboot to fix. - Similar Threads - Audio stops working

2. Just Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just Stopped Working: After using them with no problems, my wireless printers and wireless plugs are suddenly no longer working from any phone or desktop or laptop. Wondering what happened and how I fix it. Thanks....
  3. Just Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just Stopped Working: After using them with no problems, my wireless printers and wireless plugs are suddenly no longer working from any phone or desktop or laptop. Wondering what happened and how I fix it. Thanks....
  4. Ethernet just randomly stopped working idk how to fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet just randomly stopped working idk how to fix it: I have recently ran into a problem with my pc my Ethernet connection was working great now it won’t even pull up the connection. I have checked on other devices and it works. I have updated the device to the highest it can go which is windows 10 pro I have disabled and...
  5. Ethernet just randomly stopped working idk how to fix it

Ethernet just randomly stopped working idk how to fix it: I have recently ran into a problem with my pc my Ethernet connection was working great now it won’t even pull up the connection. I have checked on other devices and it works. I have updated the device to the highest it can go which is windows 10 pro I have disabled and...
  6. Audio just stopped working *No Audio Output Device Installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio just stopped working *No Audio Output Device Installed: Getting desperate :- I've tried everything uninstalling drivers, updating drivers, hard reset, updated BIOS, downgraded from Windows 11 to 10. Nothing has worked. This issue happened to 5 days ago. I have a HP Envy 360 yes I've gone to their website and downloaded drivers...
  7. Audio just stopped working *No Audio Output Device Installed

Audio just stopped working *No Audio Output Device Installed: Getting desperate :- I've tried everything uninstalling drivers, updating drivers, hard reset, updated BIOS, downgraded from Windows 11 to 10. Nothing has worked. This issue happened to 5 days ago. I have a HP Envy 360 yes I've gone to their website and downloaded drivers...
  8. Audio just stopped working *No Audio Output Device Installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. My audio just stopped working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My audio just stopped working.: Two days ago my laptop had a few issues, and on that account I got it fixed by a very well rated IT technician. He brought it back to me and when I opened it today, I saw that it was displaying a red cross on the audio icon. I entered the trouble shooting and it says that one...
  10. Have OS 10 mouse just stops working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Have OS 10 mouse just stops working: Have OS 10 and my mouse just stops working after a while and then the keyboard follows later. The mouse light goes out after keyboasrd. Computer worked months before this started. How to repair....