Windows 10: Audio keeps changing its volume on its own - MSI Windows 10

Discus and support Audio keeps changing its volume on its own - MSI Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I noticed an issue on the audio as I'm using Realtek High Definition Audio as the windows one "High Definition Audio" settings seems to be broken... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Taylor-Paige Timmins, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Audio keeps changing its volume on its own - MSI Windows 10

Hi I noticed an issue on the audio as I'm using Realtek High Definition Audio as the windows one "High Definition Audio" settings seems to be broken and cannot be used. But I noticed with my realtek audio that it keeps on changing sound automatically one the speakers of my laptop like for example When I'm playing music to listen to on YouTube it keeps on changing the audio on its own like when i have it set the speaker setting to 100 the volume itself seems to decrease like its gone to the sound of 18 or 20 like bit too low and not staying loud on the actual setting of 100 where it supposed to be louder which I been having this issue recently. I have checked all the solutions that would help on youtube like going to sound settings etc but nothing is causing the sound to stay in its normal position. And yes it keeps on doing that like changing from louder to low, low then to high and then continues as a same loop

Is there any way that this could be fixed or if this an audio driver issue that needs to be looked at

Let me know thanks

:)

Taylor-Paige Timmins, Jan 27, 2020

2. Set new audio device default for volume mixer in Windows 10

I use two audio devices:

• Default (audio) device "Realtec Digital Output (Optical)"
    • Default communication device "Lautsprecher (Speaker)"

My goal:
    I want to have the default audio volume on my default communication device, instead of the default device - at all times.

What I tried so far:
    Changing the volume mixer to my communication device explicitly works temporary, but as soon as I close the settings window, the default audio volume is reset again to the default audio device.

Step 1: Clicking on volume shows me the default device:

Audio keeps changing its volume on its own - MSI Windows 10 yhlxC.png

Step 2: Changing the volume mixer to my communication device manually:

Audio keeps changing its volume on its own - MSI Windows 10 3mG3F.png

Audio keeps changing its volume on its own - MSI Windows 10 1H5Y2.png

Step 3: Clicking again on volume does not keep the change Audio keeps changing its volume on its own - MSI Windows 10 :(

Audio keeps changing its volume on its own - MSI Windows 10 aWNeG.png

How can I make it permanent that windows uses my communication device for default volume control?

Simon Ferndriger, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Audio keeps changing its volume on its own - MSI Windows 10

Audio volume cannot be changed while Youtube Video is playing.

Model: Nokia Lumia 920

OS version: 8.0.10211.204

Firmware Revision: 1232.5951.1249.1001

Hardware Revision: 1.0.0.0

Radio Software Version: 1.0.202075.3

Chip SOC Version: 8960

Bug Reproduction Steps:

• Use Bing to search any video
    • IE10 goes to the Youtube
    • Play Youtube Video
    • Even the audio volume is up to the max or down to zero, you still can't feel volume changed.
    • If I long press "<-" hardware back button to go to App Switch Screen, and change the volume at App Switch Screen. Thus, the volume of the Youtube Video will be changed.

MikimotoH---01, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

Audio keeps changing its volume on its own - MSI Windows 10

1. Audio keeps changing its volume on its own - MSI Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Audio keeps changing

2. Time formatting keeps changing on its own.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time formatting keeps changing on its own.: Hello,I have a problem with my windows 11. I change my time format to 24:00 and it keeps changing on its own back to 12:00 AM/PM.I keep changing it back and also tried to change it in every account that I use via the settings of each Microsoft account individually.Any ideas...
  3. Time formatting keeps changing on its own.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time formatting keeps changing on its own.: Hello,I have a problem with my windows 11. I change my time format to 24:00 and it keeps changing on its own back to 12:00 AM/PM.I keep changing it back and also tried to change it in every account that I use via the settings of each Microsoft account individually.Any ideas...
  4. Volume increases on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume increases on its own: My laptop was just updated by Windows and it now is constantly turning the volume up. I turn it down, it just turns it right back up. I have tried everything I have seen on other questions and nothing is fixing it. I think it was the update. Please advise. This is using...
  5. Tabs changing on its own

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tabs changing on its own: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/arry__ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kfhw69/tabs_changing_on_its_own/
  6. Microphone volume changing on its own

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone volume changing on its own: As the title says, I’m trying to get my microphone to stop changing its own volume. I’ve tried turning off ‘Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device’ setting, I’ve made it so that when windows detects communication activity it does nothing, all of the fixes...
  7. Time changing on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time changing on its own: I have a desk top running with windows 10 and every few weeks or so I find my time is an hour off. I have looked at all of the simple avenues but not finding anything that seems to be to be the reason. bill...
  8. Color changed on its own

Color changed on its own: Recent update has made the background in file explorer black. Can I change it back to white? It is very hard on my eyes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-changed-on-its-own/b948612d-ae00-4c54-a358-3194808c09bb
  9. Windows 10 Audio Format changes on its own

Windows 10 Audio Format changes on its own: I have a windows 10 Enterprise, all-in-one machine that keeps changing its audio format (under sound->speakers->advanced) from 16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality) to 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality). When this happens, I get no sound through the speakers. When I change back to DVD...
  10. Default printer keeps changing on its own.

in Windows 10 Support
    Default printer keeps changing on its own.: I have a Dymo LabelWriter 400 Turbo directly connected by USB and a HP LaserJet 4100DTN connected by Ethernet. The HP is the default printer but *every time* I print a label to the Dymo, Windows 10 automatically changes it to be the default printer that all other programs...