Windows 10: Audio keeps cutting out on new laptop

Discus and support Audio keeps cutting out on new laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My sister recently got a new laptop : NX.HLYEK.009 | Acer Aspire 3 17.3” Laptop | ao.com She complained that the audio started randomly cutting off,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Xirix, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Xirix Win User

Audio keeps cutting out on new laptop

My sister recently got a new laptop : NX.HLYEK.009 | Acer Aspire 3 17.3” Laptop | ao.com

She complained that the audio started randomly cutting off, so I went to the manufacturer's website and I got the audio drivers and installed them, it seemed to be fine but today she told me it cut off again (this time the audio just didn't happen on start-up, after playing around and a few restarts later it fixed itself).

I'm not sure what else I can do to fix this problem. The thing is barely a week old, and all we've done is install the Windows updates, some games, and the audio driver.

:)

Xirix, Jun 13, 2020
  2. caitlyn.7 Win User

Laptop audio keeps cutting out and is detecting unknown audio device(s)

Hi, whenever I'm watching something or listening to music on my laptop, the audio cuts out for seconds at a time, usually lasting about 2 minutes until it starts happening again 2 minutes later. When I go to check what's going on in the Volume Mixer, instead
    of just displaying my default audio device - Speakers (Conexant ISST Audio) - it shows another device that it keeps switching to - Headphones (Conexant ISST Audio) - sometimes it even displays 2 Headphone options. But the thing is, I have nothing connected
    to the laptop, I don't use headphones with it and not even the AC adapter is connected. I've tried to manage the different audio devices and disabling the unknown headphone/s but it still doesn't prevent the audio from cutting out.

caitlyn.7, Jun 13, 2020
  3. My speaker keeps cutting out?

Hi Janie,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try running Audio troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps to run Audio troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Audio keeps cutting out on new laptop

Windows 10 Audio Randomly Cuts Out

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) Is the issue confined with specific browser, when you say online audio and video is not working?

2) Is the issue is confined with play online audio/video or with system audio as well?

3) Which exact Windows troubleshooter you have run?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If you have not performed audio troubleshooter then, I suggest you to perform audio troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

Step 2: Set Windows Audio services as manual.

Follow the below steps:

1) Press Windows key + r, type services.msc and hit Enter.

2) Check for the Windows Audio services.

3) Right click on the service and select Manual.

For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...10&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Audio keeps cutting out on new laptop

1. Audio keeps cutting out on new laptop - Similar Threads - Audio keeps cutting

2. Audio cuts in and out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio cuts in and out: Audio has been having an issue way before build 22623.1037. It seems when Window has to load a program or do an activity. The audio cuts out and gets distorted while Windows 11 has to load something. Sometimes it does it when loading up a program like Steam or whatever, and...
  3. bluetooth audio keeps cutting out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth audio keeps cutting out: after a not-so-recent reinstall of win10 my plantronics bluetooth headphones have stoppped working. something changed with the drivers such that where before i had two separate audio devices one for just headphones, one for use with the mic i now only have one labeled...
  4. bluetooth audio keeps cutting out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth audio keeps cutting out: after a not-so-recent reinstall of win10 my plantronics bluetooth headphones have stoppped working. something changed with the drivers such that where before i had two separate audio devices one for just headphones, one for use with the mic i now only have one labeled...
  5. bluetooth audio keeps cutting out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Audio cutting in an out

Audio cutting in an out: So basically my audio seems to be cutting in and out. I have tested the headset on other computers so I know it's not that. But the weird thing is that it doesn't seem to be happening when watching videos. Only when gaming or chatting. I have tried most basic things that I...
  7. glitchy audio that keeps cutting out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    glitchy audio that keeps cutting out: I've only started to run into this problem up until a couple of days ago. when i try to run two things at once for example, Red Dead Redemption 2 and a youtube video, my audio starts to cut out and be really glitchy....
  8. Bluetooth audio keeps cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth audio keeps cutting in and out: When I am using my Bluetooth audio device it always cuts out after a minutes or so then cuts in and out. This really annoying since Bluetooth is my only audio source. submitted by /u/Paullyo3 [link] [comments]...
  9. Audio keeps cutting out and back on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio keeps cutting out and back on.: [ATTACH] So I got windows 10 installed about three weeks ago on my pc that had windows 7 on it since forever. And everytime I try watching a youtube video the sound cuts off for a sec, then plays again for a minute, then cuts out for a second, then plays for another...
  10. Laptop audio keeps cutting out and is detecting unknown audio device(s)

Laptop audio keeps cutting out and is detecting unknown audio device(s): Whenever I'm watching something or listening to music on my laptop, the audio cuts out for seconds at a time, usually lasting about 2 minutes until it starts happening again 2 minutes later. When I go to check what's going on in the Volume Mixer, instead of just displaying my...