Windows 10: Audio keeps lowering itself

Discus and support Audio keeps lowering itself in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My audio works for like 30 seconds to a miniute and then lowers itself, making everything sound like its underwater. The only thing that fixes it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gengar95, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Gengar95 Win User

Audio keeps lowering itself

My audio works for like 30 seconds to a miniute and then lowers itself, making everything sound like its underwater. The only thing that fixes it is replugging in my headphones only for the issue happen again. I have no idea how to fix it and its driving me insane! I already have the correct audio drivers. Audio enhancments are disabled, exclusive access is unticked.

:)

Gengar95, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Audio driver keeps failing

Hi Krishna,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the audio on your device, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Where exactly are you trying to access the audio from?
    • What are all the troubleshooting steps you have tried in resolving the issue along with uninstalling and updating the audio drivers?
    • Is this issue specific while playing any audio from device/ website?

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps that haven't deployed and check with the status of this issue.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Audio keeps lowering itself

Audio not working

Hi Mirdula,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed to fix the issue?

For now, I suggest that you refer to the article, Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    and check if the steps provided helps rectify the issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Audio keeps lowering itself

1. Audio keeps lowering itself - Similar Threads - Audio keeps lowering

2. Audio keeps randomly adjusting itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio keeps randomly adjusting itself: As the title suggest I've got audio issues. it started about a week ago and seemingly randomly intervals my audio will cut down to what sounds like 5% volume but when I check all my lvl's they're untouched. I've tested my headset on other ports and the issue still persists....
  3. Audio keeps decreasing itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio keeps decreasing itself: My audio keeps decreasing itself until it reaches zero, it's like my decrease audio key is being held down at all times. I've uninstalled my audio, turned off enchantments and more, but the audio still keeps lowering itself even if I'm not clicking on it....
  4. Audio keeps decreasing itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio keeps decreasing itself: My audio keeps decreasing itself until it reaches zero, it's like my decrease audio key is being held down at all times. I've uninstalled my audio, turned off enchantments and more, but the audio still keeps lowering itself even if I'm not clicking on it....
  5. Windows audio lowers itself to mute automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows audio lowers itself to mute automatically: I ordered a pair of KZ es4's and they work perfectly on my phone, but when i connect them to my laptop window's volume lowers itself untill mute (and tries to go even lower) this doesn't happen immediately after plugging them in and there isn't some kind of pattern or set...
  6. Volume lowers by itself.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume lowers by itself.: I am using Windows 10 version 1909 Every time I open a program that is using my microphone, be it OBS, a game, or just an app to record audio through it, the volume of everything else get lowered significantly. I tried checking the "Do nothing" option in the...
  7. Audio Keeps Lowering

Audio Keeps Lowering: Hello, I have a Windows 10 desktop PC, the volume will constantly lower itself while watching movies, or playing video games. I've already tried to update audio drivers all up to date, I've made my headset the default, I've disabled all enhancements, and under...
  8. Audio randomly lowers itself whenever it wants

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio randomly lowers itself whenever it wants: This only happened after an Advanced Micro Devices update, which may be the cause. Whatever happens, I'll be watching a video let's say, and anywhere within a few seconds of watching on a reasonable volume, like 12, the audio cuts out and you can't hear anything until you...
  9. Microphone audio has lowered itself with same settings.

Microphone audio has lowered itself with same settings.: Hi guys so i recently did a clean uninstall/reinstall of my Nvidia graphics drivers after a soft lock to solve an issue and my mic is now having issues. With the exact same settings as it had before im sounding softer on things like discord and teamspeak. Checking the sound...
  10. Audio Auto lowers itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Auto lowers itself: Hi, Whenever I restart windows and go to you tube the volume is fine but after 1 second volume auto lowers itself so i have to put it on 30 volume instead of 14 and i haven't found a solution :(....