Windows 10: Audio keeps on going quite when someone speaks but I turned off the setting

Discus and support Audio keeps on going quite when someone speaks but I turned off the setting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I turned off that communication setting where it reduces audio volume when it hears communication but my game audio and music keeps on going quite when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AshleyBarnes1, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Audio keeps on going quite when someone speaks but I turned off the setting

I turned off that communication setting where it reduces audio volume when it hears communication but my game audio and music keeps on going quite when someone speaks and I've reinstalled my headphone drivers multiple times and it still keeps going quite help

:)

AshleyBarnes1, Jan 24, 2021

2. Audio Troubleshooter Turned Off My Speakers?!

Hi,

If you're using external speakers, we suggest that you set the device as default. Here are the steps:

• Open Start, enter Sound, select it from the list of results.
    • On the Playback tab, select a device, then Set Default.
    See
    Fix sound problems
    for additional solutions you can perform.

If the same instance occurs, kindly perform the following steps on how to completely uninstall and reinstall the sound driver:

• Go to Start Menu > search for Device Manager.
    • Expand Sound and audio devices.
    • Right-click on the current sound driver > choose uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Download the latest sound driver from the device manufacturer's website.
    Keep us posted with the progress. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Jan 24, 2021
  3. Audio Slider Keeps Going Down Automatically

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I understand your concern and I suggest you to run Audio Troubleshooter which may help diagnose the issue. Follow the steps:

a: Click on
    Start icon or hit Windows logo and click on
    Settings

b:Type
    Troubleshooting and select troubleshooting.

c:Click on
    Hardware and Sound and select
    Playing Audio
    and click on next and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists, then I would suggest you to update the Audio drivers and check.

Here is the steps:

aAudio keeps on going quite when someone speaks but I turned off the setting :press Windows+X key on your desktop and select
    Device Manager.

b: Locate Audio drivers, expand, right click and click
    on Update

Keep us informed about the status of the issue and we'll be glad to help you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Audio keeps on going quite when someone speaks but I turned off the setting

Microsoft Edge audio issue with a website (and perhaps others?)

Thanks for the suggestion Melowin. I followed the steps but unfortunately this did not resolve the audio issue for the website Learn English Pronunciation | How To Pronounce Words. Still no audio.

In contrast the website https://www.howtopronounce.com/ I mentioned in my original posting was not impacted by this change either.

Kevin Kramer, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Audio keeps on going quite when someone speaks but I turned off the setting

1. Audio keeps on going quite when someone speaks but I turned off the setting - Similar Threads - Audio keeps going

2. Speak to someone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speak to someone: Hello,I have been trying to speak to someone regarding a refund for a subscription i believe my son had mistakenly signed up for. I am having such a hard time trying to get this resolved. I have tried to request to speak to an agent, but it keeps saying i cannot be called at...
  3. Speak to someone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speak to someone: Hello,I have been trying to speak to someone regarding a refund for a subscription i believe my son had mistakenly signed up for. I am having such a hard time trying to get this resolved. I have tried to request to speak to an agent, but it keeps saying i cannot be called at...
  4. Speak with someone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speak with someone: I need to speak with someone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speak-with-someone/01157021-81d9-461c-85fa-887f9a20fde0
  5. Speak with someone

Speak with someone: I need to speak with someone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speak-with-someone/01157021-81d9-461c-85fa-887f9a20fde0
  6. Speak with someone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My screen keeps going to sleep mode even when I set it to Never turn it off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen keeps going to sleep mode even when I set it to Never turn it off.: My screen keeps going to sleep mode even when I set it to Never turn it off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-keeps-going-to-sleep-mode-even-when-i/426fbe8a-0b8b-4bb0-ba7a-9aaf18c0410f
  8. My screen keeps going to sleep mode even when I set it to Never turn it off.

My screen keeps going to sleep mode even when I set it to Never turn it off.: My screen keeps going to sleep mode even when I set it to Never turn it off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-keeps-going-to-sleep-mode-even-when-i/426fbe8a-0b8b-4bb0-ba7a-9aaf18c0410f
  9. Audio keeps on going quite when someone speaks but I turned off the setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio keeps on going quite when someone speaks but I turned off the setting: I turned off that communication setting where it reduces audio volume when it hears communication but my game audio and music keeps on going quite when someone speaks and I've reinstalled my headphone drivers multiple times and it still keeps going quite help...
  10. Audio Drivers Keeping going off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Drivers Keeping going off: Hello , So I have this problem with my computer where the sound drops after few minutes, sometimes few seconds, and it stays that way unles I update the audio drivers. After updating them, it works again for a small time and it drops again. It has been like this for weeks...