Windows 10: Audio keeps randomly shutting off while laptop is in use

Discus and support Audio keeps randomly shutting off while laptop is in use in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a problem where sometimes the sound just stops working on the laptop. this occurs roughly 3-4 times a day and has been going on for 1 and a half... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kat, Mar 19, 2021.

1. KAT
    Kat Win User

Audio keeps randomly shutting off while laptop is in use

I have a problem where sometimes the sound just stops working on the laptop. this occurs roughly 3-4 times a day and has been going on for 1 and a half weeks. When I have this issue putting the PC into sleep mode or shutting it down/restarting it brings the sound back. I do not want to keep doing this though as it is tedious and makes miss things. For example, i already missed a lecture because the sound died and i left the zoom to sleep my pc and wake it back up. I wasnt able to get back into the lecture once i logged back into everything. I really need any help i can get as i do not know what to do

I have already tried uninstalling the realtek driver and having re-install.

it is a lenovo legion y540 model if you are wondering about what pc it is

:)

2. Laptop shutting down randomly

For the past month or so, my laptop seems to randomly lock itself and shut down when it's unplugged, even though it might be fully charged when it does it. From experience, it tends to do so when I am playing something audio or video related. No issues
    occur when the laptop is plugged in.

I asked one of the Microsoft advisors for help. They suggested uninstalling the battery drivers and restarting the laptop. This has had no effect on the problem at hand.

Any assistance would be deeply appreciated.

MarqueeMoon67, Mar 19, 2021
  3. rhodes132 Win User
    laptop randomly shutting down

I have a gateway laptop w/ amd turion 64x2 processors,windows vista. I use to be able to play games all day, do 10 things at once and my laptop was fine. All of a sudden i have ran into the problem of my laptop randomly shutting down. At first it was just shutting down when i was playing video games (games that doesn't even have the greatest of graphics and that i played ever since i had laptop which has been for about 2 years); ide say i would be able to play about 5-20 min and randomly would shut down. Then i stopped playing video games on this and now just download music and playing music and if i am downloading music and playing music and converting music it will shut down on me. Seems to keep getting worse and worse, like today i was just browsing the internet it it shutdown on me. I did get a blue screen the other day as well, first time it has happened to me on this laptop. If anyone could tell me what this could be i would greatly appreciate it.

Another note: If i unplug my laptop from the recharger i can usually play until the battery is dead, but it will make my computer real laggy and choppy so its not even worth to do when playing games.

rhodes132, Mar 19, 2021
  4. Audio keeps randomly shutting off while laptop is in use

laptop randomly shutting down

Sounds like the Powersupply you have is being problematic, or something is overheating, that last part of your quote gave me a clue in, now other thing id recommend is getting in the base of that laptop and cleaning it thoroughly, once you do that, clean the laptop every other month.

eidairaman1, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

Audio keeps randomly shutting off while laptop is in use

1. Audio keeps randomly shutting off while laptop is in use - Similar Threads - Audio keeps randomly

2. Laptop keeps randomly shutting off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps randomly shutting off: Hello, so I have a Acer Predator Helios 300. Starting 30-40 minutes ago the battery stopped charging even though it was plugged in. It would say 83% remaining but the lightning icon was still there. Anyways after that it randomly shut down and I turned it back on. However, a...
  3. Laptop keeps randomly shutting off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps randomly shutting off: Hello, so I have a Acer Predator Helios 300. Starting 30-40 minutes ago the battery stopped charging even though it was plugged in. It would say 83% remaining but the lightning icon was still there. Anyways after that it randomly shut down and I turned it back on. However, a...
  4. My monitor keeps randomly shutting off

My monitor keeps randomly shutting off: Hi there, I have a Lenovo ideacentre gaming 5i computer. windows 11 It's been working like a dream until recently, where when I try to use it, it simply doesn't work. I would log in, and then a couple seconds later my monitor will go black and the fan on the computer will...
  5. Windows-Audio keeps shutting off randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows-Audio keeps shutting off randomly: Hello, so since I came back from my holidays 1 week the Windows-Audio Service keeps randomly shutting off for no reason. But often when a new sound comes in, like when I switch to a twitch livestream or to another youtube video or when I stop/play spotify. But also very...
  6. Windows-Audio keeps shutting off randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows-Audio keeps shutting off randomly: Hello, so since I came back from my holidays 1 week the Windows-Audio Service keeps randomly shutting off for no reason. But often when a new sound comes in, like when I switch to a twitch livestream or to another youtube video or when I stop/play spotify. But also very...
  7. Windows-Audio keeps shutting off randomly

8. My PC will keep shutting off randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC will keep shutting off randomly: I built my PC during the summer and it just keeps hsutting down randomly. I tried going to event viewer but as soon as I click on it to open, it just restarts. Even when I try to reset it, it restarts again. I have tried doing a clean install with a usb drive. Anyone faced...
  9. Laptop screen randomly shutting off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop screen randomly shutting off: I have a Microsoft Surface Laptop 3, and my screen seems to be randomly shutting off. All other inputs including keyboard and mouse are working, and the keyboard is still backlit. Any help is appreciated. submitted by /u/TheZaron1 [link] [comments]...
  10. PC keeps randomly shutting off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps randomly shutting off: I recently built my brother a new computer and everything is working fine except for one major problem: The PC randomly freezes and reboots, and when booted from sleep/hibernate state is completely frozen Specs: CPU - 2700x GPU - RX 5700 MOBO - ASUSTek B450-M RAM - 32GB...