Windows 10: Audio keeps stopping - Troubleshooter reinstalls audio driver

Discus and support Audio keeps stopping - Troubleshooter reinstalls audio driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why does the audio driver on my laptop keep disappearing? Audio stops, I use troubleshooter and the audio driver has to be reinstalled. This has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EmBren, Mar 7, 2021.

1. EmBren Win User

Audio keeps stopping - Troubleshooter reinstalls audio driver

Why does the audio driver on my laptop keep disappearing? Audio stops, I use troubleshooter and the audio driver has to be reinstalled. This has happened at least a half dozen times.

:)

EmBren, Mar 7, 2021

2. My Audio Service Keeps Saying, "Stopping" But Won't Actually Stop.

Hello Esha,

The big "X" on your volume or audio icon may suggest that you need to uninstall and reinstall your audio/sound drivers. If you haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling your drivers, please do so.

Here are the steps on how to reinstall your drivers:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Device Manager.
    • Locate the audio adapter, right click and select
      Properties.
    • Click on the driver tab and click Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer. (Windows will load the generic audio driver for you.)
    • Check if you'll have the same issue with the Windows generic drivers.
    • If yes, download and install the latest audio driver.
    • Now, right click on the audio adapter and select
      Scan for hardware changes.

We'll be here if you need additional assistance.

Edjay Rust, Mar 7, 2021
  3. Audio driver keeps failing

Hi Krishna,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the audio on your device, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Where exactly are you trying to access the audio from?
    • What are all the troubleshooting steps you have tried in resolving the issue along with uninstalling and updating the audio drivers?
    • Is this issue specific while playing any audio from device/ website?

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps that haven't deployed and check with the status of this issue.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Audio keeps stopping - Troubleshooter reinstalls audio driver

Suggestion for audio troubleshooter

Recently I had a problem with the audio output on my computer, and the troubleshooter couldn't solve it. It suggested that I reinstall the Realtek driver, which seemed to work for a short period sometimes, but then the problem returned. I seem to have
    found a better fix: reinstall the Intel(R) Display Audio. Maybe the audio troubleshooter should be revised to suggest that as a possible solution to audio issues. Does that possibility make sense?

GlennAyres, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

Audio keeps stopping - Troubleshooter reinstalls audio driver

1. Audio keeps stopping - Troubleshooter reinstalls audio driver - Similar Threads - Audio keeps stopping

2. Generic Audio Driver "detected" in troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Generic Audio Driver "detected" in troubleshoot: I did a troubleshoot scan on my audio driver and i got the generic audio driver issue detected, so i went to my device manager and uninstalled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-audio-driver-detected-in-troubleshoot/7c8dcf2e-08db-4e5f-9e3a-e4eefd0600a3
  3. My Audio Stops Working Randomly Until I Reinstall Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Audio Stops Working Randomly Until I Reinstall Audio Drivers: Hi! I built my own PC a couple years ago, and it runs a Windows 10 OS. I had no issues with audio during this entire time. Starting yesterday though, the sound would randomly stop working. The only way for me to get my audio back is by reinstalling audio drivers, but that...
  4. My Audio Stops Working Randomly Until I Reinstall Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Audio Stops Working Randomly Until I Reinstall Audio Drivers: Hi! I built my own PC a couple years ago, and it runs a Windows 10 OS. I had no issues with audio during this entire time. Starting yesterday though, the sound would randomly stop working. The only way for me to get my audio back is by reinstalling audio drivers, but that...
  5. My Audio Stops Working Randomly Until I Reinstall Audio Drivers

6. No Audio, Troubleshooter showing driver issues

No Audio, Troubleshooter showing driver issues: December 12, 2:00am I shut down my computer and applied the pending Mircosotf update. December 12, 2:00pm I restart the computer to find no audio. Narrowed the issue down to Windows Audio Services with an "Access Denied" error. Had a call with tech support. They tried a...
  7. MSI product keeps needing audio drivers reinstalled.

MSI product keeps needing audio drivers reinstalled.: GL73 9SDK I have to keep reinstalling audio drivers or I wont get any audio. It also crashes all video and internet movies and just regular video player that comes with the computer. I will buying a mac next computer. If this isn't a big enough issue for Microsoft to fix,...
  8. Reinstall audio driver weekly

Reinstall audio driver weekly: Hi, all. Long time no post - things have been running pretty smoothly 'til now. I installed the Spring Creator's Update on the 14th of May without any issues. In the last two weeks, I have had to troubleshoot sound issues and reinstall my audio driver once a week. This is...
  9. reinstall dolby audio driver

reinstall dolby audio driver: I just upgraded from 8.1 to 10. Since then I get the message logging in that Windows cannot open dolby audio and to reinstall. Sound is barely audible thugh it was fine with Windows 8.1 found one on Wndows driver download page but, though I got notice it downloaded...
  10. How to reinstall audio drivers?

How to reinstall audio drivers?: Today I updated my laptop to latest build of windows. After that I found "No Audio Output Device Is Installed" message. I reinstalled audio drivers from Dell (Audio_Driver_PKGMR_WN32_6.0.1.7564_A01) Still no sound. I checked device manager it shows, Other Devices-High...