Windows 10: Audio Key

Discus and support Audio Key in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. About a month ago my Dell laptop was dented on the bottom of the device and that has now lead to my volume button do continuously "push down." This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dakotastrain, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Audio Key

Hi. About a month ago my Dell laptop was dented on the bottom of the device and that has now lead to my volume button do continuously "push down." This is causing me to have no audio and it is also messing with some other features. The key for the volume down is F2. Is there any way to disable this key or make this problem stop?

:)

dakotastrain, Apr 6, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Audio Key

My Windows Audio is a Mess

Hi there Punchcard, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

What I would suggest for now is to completely remove the Audio drivers listed in the Device Manager. Please make sure you remove all listed under Sound and audio devices.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

And then please see if there are any improvements.

FerdinandNanalig, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Audio Key

1. Audio Key - Similar Threads - Audio Key

2. Side audio keys not working on my Dell Inspiron 5379 2-in-1Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Side audio keys not working on my Dell Inspiron 5379 2-in-1Windows 10: My Dell Inspiron 5379 2-in-1 2017 model has a dedicated power and volume control buttons on the side. While the power button is working, the volume control buttons are not. I can still control the volume using the keyboard or mouse, but the side keys are very convenient while...
  3. Side audio keys not working on my Dell Inspiron 5379 2-in-1Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Side audio keys not working on my Dell Inspiron 5379 2-in-1Windows 10: My Dell Inspiron 5379 2-in-1 2017 model has a dedicated power and volume control buttons on the side. While the power button is working, the volume control buttons are not. I can still control the volume using the keyboard or mouse, but the side keys are very convenient while...
  4. Side audio keys not working on my Dell Inspiron 5379 2-in-1Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio and Brightness FN keys don't work unless holding down fn key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio and Brightness FN keys don't work unless holding down fn key.: I bought a new HP gaming laptop a few days ago Victus by HP Gaming Laptop 15-fb1xxx. Come into an issue where I can't use the f2,f3, f5, f6, and f7 keys. Whenever I click them while on a browser it makes my page reload instead of performing a brightness or audio change...
  6. Audio and Brightness FN keys don't work unless holding down fn key.

Audio and Brightness FN keys don't work unless holding down fn key.: I bought a new HP gaming laptop a few days ago Victus by HP Gaming Laptop 15-fb1xxx. Come into an issue where I can't use the f2,f3, f5, f6, and f7 keys. Whenever I click them while on a browser it makes my page reload instead of performing a brightness or audio change...
  7. Windows 11 - Game audio stops when I press windows key, open taskbar, or open any app/web...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Game audio stops when I press windows key, open taskbar, or open any app/web...: Hi TeamI have a problem where whenever I’m playing a game whether it be downloaded from Steam or the Microsoft store - any game in general, the audio goes mute when I press the Windows key, open the taskbar, or open any app/web browser meaning I go to control another opened...
  8. Windows 11 - Game audio stops when I press windows key, open taskbar, or open any app/web...

Windows 11 - Game audio stops when I press windows key, open taskbar, or open any app/web...: Hi TeamI have a problem where whenever I’m playing a game whether it be downloaded from Steam or the Microsoft store - any game in general, the audio goes mute when I press the Windows key, open the taskbar, or open any app/web browser meaning I go to control another opened...
  9. My left ctrl key keeps muting audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My left ctrl key keeps muting audio: Hello. I own a Windows 10 Home computer and everytime I press left ctrl my audio is muted, this is really bad for gaming, which I do often.I have checked ease of access, audio, and time and language, but it didn't work.I have also re-installed my keyboard drivers, as well as...
  10. My left ctrl key keeps muting audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My left ctrl key keeps muting audio: Hello. I own a Windows 10 Home computer and everytime I press left ctrl my audio is muted, this is really bad for gaming, which I do often.I have checked ease of access, audio, and time and language, but it didn't work.I have also re-installed my keyboard drivers, as well as...