Windows 10: Audio lags in videos after upgrading to 1909

Discus and support Audio lags in videos after upgrading to 1909 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been running on Windows 10 1803 for a long time with no problems whatsoever but when I upgraded to 1909 two days ago I started having this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Winchester_9, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Audio lags in videos after upgrading to 1909

I've been running on Windows 10 1803 for a long time with no problems whatsoever but when I upgraded to 1909 two days ago I started having this problem.

The audio lags in videos sometimes randomely but it also happens everytime I pause the video and play it back again or when I fast-forward through it.

I've been trying to fix it for 2 days now and I got nowhere.

The problem is definitely with the update since it started right after it and I noticed some other users had it too after the update.

I don't want to roll back the update because I don't want to lose the dark mode.

:)

Winchester_9, Apr 14, 2020

2. Video and audio lagging on Windows 10

I have tried every step that you suggested with no good results. I have a TOSHIBA SATELLITE L675D-S7049..

The exact problem is the video and the sound lags and makes a buzzing sound . it does it on all videos and sound. even on iTUNES

DENNISBUZZELL, Apr 14, 2020
  3. Video and audio lagging on Windows 10

Hello Dennis,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I apologize for the late reply and appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix this issue.

In order to understand the issue more clearly, I would request you to kindly provide me with the following information.

• Which media are you using to play audio or video files?

• Are you playing online videos and audio?
    I would suggest you to try the steps provided in the article given below and check if that helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Audio lags in videos after upgrading to 1909

Video and audio lagging on Windows 10

Hi Dennis,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What is the exact issue are you facing?

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

For the issue with sound. I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below method.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on
      Next
      button.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method:

Method 2.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall the sound driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Audio input and outputs to expand, right click on the device and click on
      uninstall.
    • Once you are done uninstalling the restart the computer. If should automatically installed the driver.
    If the still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Audio input and outputs and right click on it and
      update the software.
    For the issue with display try the below method.

Method 4.

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display adapter driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 5.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. If the display driver is not available for Windows 10, try installing the available driver in compatibility mode and check.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Audio lags in videos after upgrading to 1909

1. Audio lags in videos after upgrading to 1909 - Similar Threads - Audio lags videos

2. Audio always lags behind video

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio always lags behind video: I'd say about a month ago this issue started. YouTube unwatchable. Streaming unwatchable. All audio and video out of sync. Gigabit connection and all drivers are updated. Doesn't matter which browser. Any ideas? Thank you submitted by /u/Kikutwo [link] [comments]...
  3. Mouse lagging and audio stuttering , video as well after win 10 version 2004 upgrade

Mouse lagging and audio stuttering , video as well after win 10 version 2004 upgrade: Has anybody had this issue where if I leave my computer off for a couple of hours and turn it back on . Everything stutters (including audio , video etc, offline and online . Literally unusable. Called Microsoft tech support and he didn’t fix it . If I shut off my pc when the...
  4. videos freezing, lagging behind the audio and audio loops.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    videos freezing, lagging behind the audio and audio loops.: after looking on my articles on this website to try and solve this problem. my videos freeze up constantly, the audio will loop back and this happens with all my apps Netflix, Movies & Tv, VLC it does this online videos are fine. I tried changing the advanced display settings...
  5. Windows 10 1909 lags at offline video playing & old games lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1909 lags at offline video playing & old games lag: I have a HP Mini 210 -2GB ram ddr2 -150gb storage -intel atom 1.6Ghz -1024×700 Display -intel GMA 3150 512mb vram Before i update to windows 10 1909 im still running 10240 -i play 360p video its run smoothly -i play Nfs Mw 2006 i get 8-20fps normal -i play heavy...
  6. Audio/video glitching windows10 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio/video glitching windows10 1909: So after many failed attempts at windows trying to update itself from 1803 I took to these forums for a solution. First port of call was a bigger ssd for my os, cloned successfully still no luck updating. Next was software distribution delete, scnnow, and a bunch of other...
  7. Audio stutters and lags during video and audio streams

Audio stutters and lags during video and audio streams: Hi! Watching youtube and other stuff is not pleasing for my ears anymore, audio lags and stutters, no matter what audio source I am using. Here is a screenshot from latency mon: https://imgur.com/a/KmxGuNt Cpu does not throttle and bios in on the latest version Hope...
  8. Skype video lags behind audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype video lags behind audio: Recently (in the past couple of weeks), Skype's video has started lagging behind the audio. Sometimes, it will initially be fine, but then a lag will accumulate of up to 3-5(!) seconds. Other times, the offset is there from the beginning. For a while, it was happening with...
  9. Video is lagging behind the Audio, on everything

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Video is lagging behind the Audio, on everything: Hello there, First of all i'm sorry if this isn't posted in the correct sub-forum. I tried my best picking the one that fits my problem. ______ My problem is that any video is lagging behind on the audio. For example, i'm watching Twitch. After about an hour or two i start...
  10. Audio progressively lagging behind video

in Windows 10 Support
    Audio progressively lagging behind video: When I play video - whether streaming(Netflix, Youtube) in a browser or using GOM or VLC player , the audio progressively lags behind the video. Refreshing the browser page , or stopping and restarting the player re syncs the audio but it again progressively lags behind ....