Windows 10: Audio latency issues

Discus and support Audio latency issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For a few months now, my PC has been experiencing latency spikes. Audio dropouts are exceedingly common, and I can't seem to properly diagnose what is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Terrace210, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Audio latency issues

For a few months now, my PC has been experiencing latency spikes. Audio dropouts are exceedingly common, and I can't seem to properly diagnose what is causing this problem.

This all started when I installed a new HDD, a WD Blue. Of note is that it spun at 5400rpm, which I initially deduced to be the source of my problem. I have since replaced the WD Blue with a WD Black that spins at 7200rpm, yet the problem persists.

This problem is very inconsistent. Normally, my computer's latency is fine when I boot it up in the morning. The longer it stays on, the worse the spikes get. Sometimes, restarting the system provides a temporary fix.

Here are things that I've already tried:

• Defragmenting my HDD with Defraggler.
    • Installing and routinely using CCleaner.
    • Lowering the number of startup programs.
    • Updating all my drivers.
    • Updating my BIOS currently American Megatrends Inc. R01-A4, 5/19/2016.
    • Installing exhaust fans in my tower. These definitely do their job when it comes to cooling the system.
    • Disabling CPU throttling for all programs.
    • Moving the system pagefile to my SSD boot drive, as opposed to my HDD data drive. I also tried disabling it entirely.
    • Replacing my Realtek HD Audio driver with Microsoft's generic HD Audio driver. When this didn't work, I disabled the motherboard's onboard audio entirely, via the BIOS menu. To be thorough, I even uninstalled the Realtek HD Audio driver with Display Driver Uninstaller.
    • Disabling ALL audio drivers. I technically have three: a speaker system connected to my motherboard's onboard audio as mentioned above, my monitor's internal speaker, with a driver handled by my GPU since it has an HDMI connection, and my wireless headphones that connect via a USB adapter.
    • Disabling my network drivers both my WiFi card and my Ethernet port.
    • Resetting my PC via wiping my boot drive and reinstalling Windows.

Here is a LatencyMon report:

Audio latency issues 6bd14d0e-1e83-4fca-8a84-32f4a6d15014?upload=true.png

and in text: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WvgF3pWvXAUwVcdG8Hng-2d1LLxepfPT/view?usp=sharing

Here's a summary of my desktop via Speccy: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hj3aQVuB_SC4k-8rT5waenGOmvh2HvNe/view?usp=sharing

I posted a thread like this a few weeks ago, but as I couldn't get any help I resorted to resetting my PC. That fixed the problem for a while, but it's back now. Hopefully I can get it fixed for good this time.

Let me know if you need any more information from me.

:)

Terrace210, Jun 18, 2020
  2. cryadis23 Win User

pls help with audio and graphics issues - latency issue?

sorry, please also find task manager screenshots. couldnt capture the whole list (there are so many processes running!) so i caught what i could, ordered by cpu and memory usage. thanks!

Audio latency issues [​IMG]

Audio latency issues [​IMG]

cryadis23, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Latency issues with Audio recording on the PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with Audio Latency on your PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below:

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. What is the make and model of the PC?
    4. Does this happen only when recording audio or when playing music as well?

Refer the article Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the article
    Fix sound problems in Windows 10
    and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Audio latency issues

Latency issues with Audio recording on the PC

I am running windows 10. i have a sound latency problem. I have read about the Realtek driver issue, but my device manager doesn't say that name, rather it says "High Definition Audio Device. What is really frustrating, is that my old (slow) windows xp computer
    was able to do my audio recording without any noticeable latency, but now, I can't listen and record at the same time.

***Original title: Audio Driver sound latency***

bmwcontracting, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Audio latency issues

1. Audio latency issues - Similar Threads - Audio latency issues

2. Storport High Latency audio stuttering issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storport High Latency audio stuttering issues: Okay so this all started March 26th, 2021 I updated my windows, which had been working completely fine for the 3 or so years up to that point, with this update I received high storport audio according to latencymon I went trying to diagnose the problem and troubleshooting...
  3. Storport High Latency audio stuttering issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storport High Latency audio stuttering issues: Okay so this all started March 26th, 2021 I updated my windows, which had been working completely fine for the 3 or so years up to that point, with this update I received high storport audio according to latencymon I went trying to diagnose the problem and troubleshooting...
  4. Storport High Latency audio stuttering issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio Crackling/Popping and DPC Latency Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Audio Crackling/Popping and DPC Latency Issues: Hi, I seem to get Audio Crackling and Popping issues, after searching the web for a bit I noticed that this issue is generally tied to DPC Latency so I used LatencyMon to recorded for around 2 hours (stats below). In my case it doesn't seem to happen immediately after...
  6. Audio latency issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio latency issues: For a few months now, my PC has been experiencing latency spikes. These initially manifested as no more than audio dropouts, but eventually have begun to escalate into visual dragging, as well. Audio popping is very common now, and the mouse dragging when I try to move it is...
  7. Audio/DPC latency and performance issues

Audio/DPC latency and performance issues: for the past couple of weeks i've been getting weird almost crackling noises on my laptop and i assumed the speakers were going until they persisted with headphones as well. Here's my LatencyMon...
  8. Latency issues with Audio recording on the PC

Latency issues with Audio recording on the PC: I am running windows 10. i have a sound latency problem. I have read about the Realtek driver issue, but my device manager doesn't say that name, rather it says "High Definition Audio Device. What is really frustrating, is that my old slow windows xp computer was able to do...
  9. Audio crackling, lagging - high latency issue?

Audio crackling, lagging - high latency issue?: This problem started on my original install of windows 10, about a year after buying my laptop. The audio would start popping and crackling. At first in was only system sounds that would do this, but recently it started happening with everything. Then the audio started to...
  10. pls help with audio and graphics issues - latency issue?

pls help with audio and graphics issues - latency issue?: Hey all, thank you to all who respond to this, I am desperate! I bought an Asus N550J laptop a year ago, came with Windows 8, and everything was flawless until I upgraded to Windows 10. Since then I have had crackly sounds and stuttering video playback. I thought at first...