Windows 10: Audio level setting keeps resetting

Discus and support Audio level setting keeps resetting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Noticed since 2004 upgrade my audio level keeps resetting to around 67 even if I reduce the level. Used to be the level would stay where I last set it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jescott418, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Audio level setting keeps resetting

Noticed since 2004 upgrade my audio level keeps resetting to around 67 even if I reduce the level. Used to be the level would stay where I last set it until I adjusted it again. I suspect that it may have something to do with the Conexant audio chip because 2004 had some issues with that audio. HP is no help anymore as they informed me in July that my notebook no longer has any support or parts available even though its only 4 years old. They also informed me that my model will not be certified for Windows 10 2004. Is this going to be how PC makers quietly drop support for a certain Windows 10 release by simply deciding not to test or support it? I mean it does seem that if I know have issues running Windows 10 I will not be getting support of fixes since its not "officially" supported. Sort of tells me that I either live with this issue or I end up installing a different OS that still recognizes my hardware properly. Does anyone else feel 4 years is pretty short to end support for a PC? Even Chromebooks get at least 5 years possibly more of support. Mac's also typically see 6 or more.

:)

jescott418, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Geethu B Win User

microphone level keeps resetting to zero using Windows 10

Hi Pete,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that microphone level keeps resetting to zero while using with Cortana.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the make and model of the computer?

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect microphone settings or corrupt
    microphone drivers.

I suggest you to try the steps suggested by Wasim A on August 18, 2015
    and check if it helps.

Cortana can’t hear me – Microphone level keeps getting set to zero.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Audio Playback levels in Win 10

Hi David,

The challenge that you are experiencing with the audio levels of the website that you are visiting can occur due to several reasons such as, an outdated audio driver, browser issues, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start? Has it always been like that?
    • Is the issue also occurring when you use other browsers?
    • Have you tried updating your audio driver? If not, kindly do so by following the steps in this article:

Update drivers in Windows 10
    • What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Nzyme Win User

Audio level setting keeps resetting

Low Audio Levels

While listening to any audio from any application (browser, media player, etc.), the audio levels of the specific application do not match the level of the "Device".

To better explain what I mean, have a look at the attached picture showing you the audio level of Chrome playing music and compare the level to the levels under "Device" (that's my Speakers). Although both are set at the same level, the audio that plays through Chrome is slightly lower (indicated by the green bar). How can I achieve the maximum audio from my applications?

I have installed the Realtek HD driver 6.0.1.7680 and noticed that unchecking the box for "Loudness Equalization" improves the audio levels to some extent for some tracks but the levels are still not the same. Should the levels be the same?

Should this setting (Loudness Equalization) be checked at all times? I noticed that when playing some tracks, this setting helps but for some other tracks, it is better to keep this setting unchecked as I notice that keeping it unchecked increases the volume and sounds much better.

Nzyme, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Audio level setting keeps resetting

1. Audio level setting keeps resetting - Similar Threads - Audio level setting

2. Alarm audio levels and specific application audio levels

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alarm audio levels and specific application audio levels: I use the Windows alarm every morning to wake me up and at my normal audio of 20 it just doesn't cut it, so every night I have to turn my volume up all the way and turn down other applications that use audio to keep them at normal levels, however, it seems like having the...
  3. Alarm audio levels and specific application audio levels

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alarm audio levels and specific application audio levels: I use the Windows alarm every morning to wake me up and at my normal audio of 20 it just doesn't cut it, so every night I have to turn my volume up all the way and turn down other applications that use audio to keep them at normal levels, however, it seems like having the...
  4. My audio levels keep bugging out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My audio levels keep bugging out: Every time I open firefox the audio levels change from max to min in a random pattern. I dont know what it is but it started after the newest update. submitted by /u/WarShoutmon [link] [comments]...
  5. Audio Levels Dropping

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Levels Dropping: My audio levels drop after two seconds to barely audible. I have restarted, ran the troubleshooter, scanned for problems, keeps telling me everything is fine. It seems to fix it for a minute, then the problem arises again. It doesn't matter what format/app/feed I use,...
  6. Adaptive Audio Levels

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adaptive Audio Levels: Is there a way for audio levels to change according to the devices connected or plugged in? ie: If I connect headphones via the jack, audio levels will adjust to previous "headphone" levels, instead of the master level....
  7. Audio levels changing

Audio levels changing: I'm probably in the wrong category, but I really couldn't find one that would fit the problem. The sound levels of programs keep changing in the volume mixer. I've tried disabling Dolby Audio sound leveler and putting the windows communications thingy to do nothing, but...
  8. Audio levels chaning

Audio levels chaning: I'm probably in the wrong category, but I really couldn't find one that would fit the problem. The sound levels of programs keep changing in the volume mixer. I've tried disabling Dolby Audio sound leveler and putting the windows communications thingy to do nothing, but...
  9. Audio Levels Mismatched

Audio Levels Mismatched: Recently I installed, then uninstalled, a sound enhancement app (from fxsound.com) containing a sound equalizer. After deinstalling it, Windows sound is screwed up in that online sound sources (streaming, playing remote mp3's, etc.) is barely audible, while systems sounds...
  10. Low Audio Levels

Low Audio Levels: While listening to any audio from any application (browser, media player, etc.), the audio levels of the specific application do not match the level of the "Device". To better explain what I mean, have a look at the attached picture showing you the audio level of Chrome...