Windows 10: Audio looping and programs not closing on laptop

Discus and support Audio looping and programs not closing on laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I use a Dell Latitude E6400 laptop and recently upgraded to windows 10 from 7 and ever since I've been having these strange crashes during a session of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by maplee, Apr 25, 2019.

1. maplee Win User

Audio looping and programs not closing on laptop

I use a Dell Latitude E6400 laptop and recently upgraded to windows 10 from 7 and ever since I've been having these strange crashes during a session of gaming.

If I'm playing audio in the background, either from Firefox or my music program, it loops the last second of audio over and over and im also met with horrible frame drops in a game and/or the ui freezing in certain areas. When I try to close any program, even with task manager, they dont close and ends up just staying there as an uninteractable window. Even if I try to shutdown or restart my computer properly, windows wont respond with closing programs or switching to the shutdown screen.

I've updated and reinstalled my graphics drivers and am updated on windows updates.

How would I go about fixing this?

:)

maplee, Apr 25, 2019

2. Audio loops after video is closed

I was recently viewing all of my old home videos. I was using VLC and the default program to watch these, and I noticed that when I opened an older video, the audio would play for a while, but the video would freeze. I closed the video and when I did that,
    the audio kept playing. I opened task manager and it didn't show anything that could be playing the sound, so I thought maybe this was just a weird bug or glitch, and proceeded to restart my computer. When the computer started back up again, it was gone. So,
    I went back to one of my newer videos and opened it and the same problem happened once again. The sound is looping over and over again with a 5 second (or so) pause in between each loop (it's not even playing the whole audio associated with the video. Just
    a few seconds of the same part). How can I fix this? Do I just have to restart my computer every single time it decides to do this?

MeganJordal, Apr 25, 2019
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Apr 25, 2019
  4. Audio looping and programs not closing on laptop

Audio loops after video is closed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

This issue might occur if the drivers are outdated or not compatible, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check:

Run built in Audio Device troubleshooter

1. Type ‘troubleshoot’ in the search bar and hit Enter.

2. Select “View all”
    on the left panel and run “Playing Audio” troubleshooter from the list and see if it works

3. Click Advanced, ensure to check Apply repairs automatically
    and also select Run as administrator

4. Click Next and follow the on-screen instruction.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

Audio looping and programs not closing on laptop

1. Audio looping and programs not closing on laptop - Similar Threads - Audio looping programs

2. programs will not open or close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    programs will not open or close: I cannot open or close some programs. Outlook is stuck on screen. Can only 'close' by opening Word or some other. Opening using Desktop Outlook does not work....
  3. Prevent Windows 10 from Closing Programs When Closing Laptop Lid

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prevent Windows 10 from Closing Programs When Closing Laptop Lid: Hello! Whenever my computer falls asleep, either automatically from leaving the lid open or closing the lid, all of the programs I had up close down. It looks like Microsoft is exiting out of and shutting down all programs that were open. This has been incredibly...
  4. Preventing close-out of open programs when I close the laptop lid

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preventing close-out of open programs when I close the laptop lid: What is causing programs to shut down completely when I close the lid? I have to re-launch, sign in, and usually recover docs that were open at the time of closure, etc. even if all I've done is go from one room to the next. I've checked the power & sleep settings ... this...
  5. Issue with programs opening while laptop closed.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with programs opening while laptop closed.: Hello, I’m not sure if this is the place for this, but I figured I’d give it a shot. My girlfriend will open her laptop after closing the lid, but not turning it off, and she’ll find random programs open. Sometimes it’s a new chrome open to a random site, or a word document...
  6. Laptop closes programes when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop closes programes when lid is closed: This past few days whenever i close the laptop lid with the laptop is still on whenever i later return to the laptop open the lid all programes that i had opened even the web browser are closed, anyone offer any help to fix this so that all programs that were opened remain...
  7. Programs Spontaneously Closing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs Spontaneously Closing: Hi. So for a while now, programs currently running on my computer have been spontaneously closing, usually when the computer is under stress when running games. I am not the one closing the programs and no viruses have been found on my computer. I have tried booting into...
  8. programs auto closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    programs auto closing: hi guys i have opened the builtin admn by changing the cmd to sethc so whenever i press shift 5 times at login it opens the cmd for me to type the net user admin /active:yes command but my question is i open taskmgr with the cmd i mentioned before I run programs from "run...
  9. Closing programs

Closing programs: Having Window 10 is cool but I need to know why I can't close Yahoo Messenger and Skype. "Quit Skype" is in a black area on Skype and "Sign Out" in Yahoo messenger is the same. I cannot close these 2 programs, they are not Apps, when I am ready to shut down the computer. Does...
  10. Programs Closing

Programs Closing: I'm not an expert, so please go easy on me. My main problem is programs suddenly close. When using a browser (Firefox or Chrome) the program will close. Approx every 3-5 minutes. However, there are times it will stay open for significantly longer. I've tried using Firefox...