Windows 10: Audio looping & stuttering, computer freezes, and then crashes

Discus and support Audio looping & stuttering, computer freezes, and then crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I have a Lenovo Legion desktop I bought this January that I use for gaming on a daily basis and has worked fine, apart from the rare crash, until a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Erin E. M., Sep 5, 2021.

1. Audio looping & stuttering, computer freezes, and then crashes

So I have a Lenovo Legion desktop I bought this January that I use for gaming on a daily basis and has worked fine, apart from the rare crash, until a week or two ago. Now these crashes are different and more often than the ones I've had before, my audio loops and stutters, my display freezes for a few minutes or two and eventually I get the blue screen error with the QR code and some vague info on the crash. Usually I get a little impatient while waiting for my pc reboot itself and so I just hold the power button down until it reboots. Usually I'll get these crashes several times a day, and s

:)

Erin E. M., Sep 5, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 5, 2021
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Sep 5, 2021
  4. BENuggets Win User

Audio looping & stuttering, computer freezes, and then crashes

Audio driver conflict causing stuttering?

Hi Techhelper89,

Unfortunately, I did the instructions as mentioned in the thread and the stuttering persists. I used the link provided: and the steps requested

http://www.tweaking.com/files/setups/tweaking.com_windows_repair_aio_setup.exe

I also tried reinstalling the Realtek Audio drivers as suggested by the thread to no avail.

I've also added some links of how the stuttering looks and sounds like to the main post of this thread. I hope it helps identify the issue.

One more thing I noticed after the above steps is that I can boot with Nvidia HD Audio drivers disabled but the stuttering persist. Enabling then disabling "cures" the stuttering for a while. Although, when this is happening while the Nvidia Audio drivers are
    disabled (as there is an enable option) the icon doesn't look like one that is normally disabled (with a small circular arrow down icon).

Cheers,

Ben

BENuggets, Sep 5, 2021
Thema:

Audio looping & stuttering, computer freezes, and then crashes

1. Audio looping & stuttering, computer freezes, and then crashes - Similar Threads - Audio looping stuttering

2. audio stuttering pc freezing and game crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio stuttering pc freezing and game crashing: so i can play valorant no problem game never crashes no audio cut outs or anything, but any other game maybe because they are more gpu intensive like fortnite, apex cod etc they all eventually cut out with audio freeze and crash. I'm not sure if it has to do with the software...
  3. audio stuttering pc freezing and game crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    audio stuttering pc freezing and game crashing: so i can play valorant no problem game never crashes no audio cut outs or anything, but any other game maybe because they are more gpu intensive like fortnite, apex cod etc they all eventually cut out with audio freeze and crash. I'm not sure if it has to do with the software...
  4. audio stuttering pc freezing and game crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. audio stuttering pc freezing and game crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio stuttering pc freezing and game crashing: i have been mining for a few days i have no voltage oc it was working fine before today when i came back to my pc it restarted on its own now demanding games aernt loding or when i go into the game it stutters the audio stutters and it crashes sometimes it restarts and...
  6. audio stuttering pc freezing and game crashing

audio stuttering pc freezing and game crashing: i have been mining for a few days i have no voltage oc it was working fine before today when i came back to my pc it restarted on its own now demanding games aernt loding or when i go into the game it stutters the audio stutters and it crashes sometimes it restarts and...
  7. Computer freezes and sound stutters then crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes and sound stutters then crashes: Hey, for a while I have had problems with my computer and nothing seems to fix it, whenever I turn on my computer for the day and use it for a few minutes almost every time it just freezes and crashes, I changed my os from an HDD to SSD a while ago and that fixed it for a bit...
  8. Computer freezes and sound stutters then crashes

Computer freezes and sound stutters then crashes: Hey, for a while I have had problems with my computer and nothing seems to fix it, whenever I turn on my computer for the day and use it for a few minutes almost every time it just freezes and crashes, I changed my os from an HDD to SSD a while ago and that fixed it for a bit...
  9. Computer freezes and sound stutters then crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Computer Freezes With Audio Loop/Stutter Requires Hard Restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Freezes With Audio Loop/Stutter Requires Hard Restart: So recently I've been this problem with my laptop. It seems to be happening mostly when I'm either playing a game, listening to music, or watching a video. The laptop just completely locks up, freezes entirely, and the sound loops/stutters on the last sound that was being...