Windows 10: Audio louder than usual until volume is changed

Discus and support Audio louder than usual until volume is changed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, tonight I upgraded to Windows 10 and began encountering a very strange problem with my audio. What happens is when an audio source starts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by itsmesbb, Jul 28, 2015.

1. itsmesbb Win User

Audio louder than usual until volume is changed

Hello, tonight I upgraded to Windows 10 and began encountering a very strange problem with my audio. What happens is when an audio source starts playing sound, the the sound is louder than it should be - the actual volume in Windows does not change, the sound is just louder. It seems to be only the audio from that source that's louder, not any other sounds playing. This has happened when Flash sources like YouTube videos and Twitch streams load, and when I unpause music in foobar2000.

I can resolve it by simply moving the volume slider in Windows anywhere, then it will begin abiding by Windows's volume setting again. Even moving the volume up a notch will end up making it quieter from what it was. I've been uninstalling and reinstalling drivers all night, does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

:)

itsmesbb, Jul 28, 2015
  2. __l__ Win User

Short Review of N96

Nah iphones audio quality isnt good, but ,we were talking about the headphone volume, and that volume comparison was b/w iphone and n91, and ofcourse, if its louder than n91 then its louder than n96 too.

But Ear speaker volume, i dont know which ones louder because i havent compared any of that.

If you want loudspeaker comparison then

n96>n91>=iphone

__l__, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Anyone else have this sound bug in Windows 10?

• Version: Win 10 Pro
    • Description: The first sound a window makes is much louder than the volume is set to and I have to press volume up or down to adjust it all the way down to the correct volume. Eg. I open a youtube video, my sound is set to 10. The video will start blasting
      at 40ish volume until I change the volume and it will change to that volume (let's say 12) and stay there...until I open a new youtube video.
    • Video / Screenshot: n/a Steps to reproduce: Set the volume at a lowish level, open a youtube video. Press volume up or down. It will go back to normal.
    • Expected result: Volume to be normal
    • Observed result: Volume was higher than the set volume until volume was adjusted, then it immediately changes back to normal.
    • Reproduction rate: 100% (25/25)
    • System specs: Intel Core i7-3537U @ 2.00GHz, Intel HD 4000, 8.00 GB RAM, Realtek High Definition Audio

This seems to be most noticeable on lower volume levels (10-20)

nomorejoking, Jul 28, 2015
  4. AznBoy222 Win User

I have the same problem after I downloaded Windows 10. Play media, pause it, wait a bit, resume, volume is way higher than it should but the number is the same. Quickly adjust it back and forth and it fixes it. I updated my sound driver to Realtek 6.0.1.7544 and it didn't fix it either.

AznBoy222, Jul 29, 2015
  5. itsmesbb Win User
    Yep exactly, wait a bit and it jumps in volume. Awesome to know I'm not the only one suffering this.

itsmesbb, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Emmellar Win User
    I upgraded my Dell XPS 27 to Windows 10 and am also having this exact same problem. Playback starts surprisingly loud and then the moment you call up volume and move slider it drops to normal level. Happens in BBC iPlayer and YouTube, both running through Chrome browser. I hope there will be a fix very soon!

Emmellar, Aug 1, 2015
  7. weckman Win User
    Seems like the combination of Windows 10 and a certain Realtek sound card is the problem, as I am having the same issue on my DELL XPS One 27 (2720) (like Emmellar).

Hopefully a future update on either side will fix the issue...

weckman, Aug 1, 2015
  8. weckman Win User

Hmm, after the first, shall we call it tiny service pack for Windows 10 yesterday, I could have sworn that the audio issue was gone, but after rebooting my PC today, it's back, unfortunately. Too bad... :-(

Addendum: There were a whole bunch of new drivers on the DELL site for my XPS One 27, all from July 30, so the day after the Windows 10 release. However a new audio driver was not among them. Of course not... ;-)

weckman, Aug 5, 2015
  9. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. I can't find any information on it. I have an ASUS X200M laptop with Windows 10 with the installed Realtek audio drivers.

standingsilver, Aug 9, 2015
  10. eLPuSHeR Win User
    I have also experienced these volume spikes with a Creative Recon 3D card (onboard). I think W10 audio subsystem needs a lot of loving.

eLPuSHeR, Aug 9, 2015
  11. I had this exact same problem with windows 8.1 after my hard drive failed and I had to reinstall. The audio problems lasted for a few months and then one day I restarted my computer and they were gone. Unfortunately I have no clue about why it stopped but now its back and as bad as ever! I've noticed that it's not effecting iTunes though I can't say the same for other sources.

ButtStallion, Aug 10, 2015
  12. weckman Win User
    Well, sounds more like a different problem with a similar result. For my part at least iTunes is just as much affected as anything else, it's definitely a system-wide issue. It's more noticeable though at lower volumes. I guess when the audio is already pretty loud and up the scale of 1-100, say at 80, the difference is small enough that one doesn't really notice, when the volume is set to about 20, thus rather low, though, it can get almost twice as loud after a pause. Either way, we're all still holding out for a fix...

weckman, Aug 10, 2015
  13. weckman Win User

Gotta say - it's been quite some time now and it has still not been fixed. I am regularly checking my DELL updates for a fix from Realtek as well, but nothing. It's also still not the end of the world, but annoying nevertheless. Let's hope there'll be a fix soon...

weckman, Aug 25, 2015
  14. weckman Win User
    Ok, so I guess everyone's already moved over to other threads, but just in case, let it be known that reverting to an older version of the Realtek audio driver (from April 2015) worked for me as well (while manually asking Windows in the device manager to update the driver, even though there was one, did not solve the problem). I'd rather use current drivers optimized for Windows 10, but until Realtek fixes the issue, this is an acceptable interim solution.

weckman, Aug 26, 2015
  15. wuxiapian Win User
    Same problem here on both of my Asus laptop; the old one still running on windows 8.1 while my new one (an Asus ROG laptop) is running on windows 10. This is ultra annoying and frustrating. I've been trying a couple of things like reinstalling drivers (RealTek) and such... nothing worked. I have a hard time believing there isn't a fix by now...

wuxiapian, Sep 12, 2015
Thema:

1. Audio louder than usual until volume is changed - Similar Threads - Audio louder usual

2. Internet slower than usual

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet slower than usual: I have been facing network issues since the morning. While playing Minecraft, I'm facing a lot of lags that did not happen in the past. Confused, I ran windows network diagnostics, but it couldn't identify the problem. Then I tried troubleshooting the network adapter, didn't...
  3. Audio is a lot quieter than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio is a lot quieter than usual: I normally use some wired earbuds using the headphone jack on the front of my computer, and they work well.I haven't used my computer for almost a month, but when I got back to it, the same wired headphones suddenly were a lot quieter. Before they sounded loud at about a...
  4. Audio is a lot quieter than usual

Audio is a lot quieter than usual: I normally use some wired earbuds using the headphone jack on the front of my computer, and they work well.I haven't used my computer for almost a month, but when I got back to it, the same wired headphones suddenly were a lot quieter. Before they sounded loud at about a...
  5. Audio is a lot quieter than usual

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Background Noise/Music Louder than Voices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background Noise/Music Louder than Voices: Hi there, When watching a youtube video I noticed that the voices were barely audible and the background music/sounds were unbearably loud. I thought this was just down to their editing, but after checking other videos and devices I noticed it isn't that at all. I hunted for...
  7. Asus X570-Plus Windows 10 Volume Changes Goes Louder

Asus X570-Plus Windows 10 Volume Changes Goes Louder: Hi all, Does anyone happen to know what would cause sounds in Chrome to play much louder then normal at random times? I read into this issue and people pointed the sound and turning off enhancements. I have turned off the enhancements and still the sound alert is louder...
  8. HELP! Custom audio louder than the video audio

HELP! Custom audio louder than the video audio: I am creating a video for my sister's birthday. I am using Video Editor App. It is a mix of photos and personal videos from friends and family. I added a music track using the custom audio everything is great besides in a couple of videos the background music added by me is...
  9. Ethernet slower than usual

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet slower than usual: Recently, I moved my PC to another area and now the ethernet went from 120 mpbs download speed to 30. The router and everything is right next to the PC, but yet the ethernet speed was cut in four. What happened and how do I fix it?...
  10. Sound louder than usual when playing media after pausing.

Sound louder than usual when playing media after pausing.: Kind of a hard problem to explain, but whenever I play anything after pausing it, the sound is randomly VERY loud, but the volume number never changes. For example: my usual listening level with headphones is 8. Say I'm listening to music with iTunes. I pause it for a bit,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when an audio source starts playing sound the the sound is louder than it should be