Windows 10: Audio messed up

Discus and support Audio messed up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I made a mistake I was listening to YouTube and forgot that my headset with a cord was still on my laptop. The tip of the headset broke and I can't get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Emily Aurelien, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Audio messed up

I made a mistake I was listening to YouTube and forgot that my headset with a cord was still on my laptop. The tip of the headset broke and I can't get it out whatsoever. Can I use wireless headphones or USB headphones and still be able to listen to music and stuff.

So my question is

Can I connect Wireless Headphones or USB headphones even though my Audio headphones aren't able to work because the tip of the headphones broke and I can't release it from the audio drive?

:)

Emily Aurelien, Nov 1, 2020

2. My Windows Audio is a Mess

Hi there Punchcard, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

What I would suggest for now is to completely remove the Audio drivers listed in the Device Manager. Please make sure you remove all listed under Sound and audio devices.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

And then please see if there are any improvements.

FerdinandNanalig, Nov 1, 2020
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Nov 1, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

Audio messed up

Windows 10 update messed up audio

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. Which update was installed? Can you help us with the update details?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles below:

Additional Information: If the issue persists, update the audio drivers from manufacturer's website.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

Audio messed up

1. Audio messed up - Similar Threads - Audio messed

2. I messed up my headset settings and now the microphone doesn't work and the audio is a lot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I messed up my headset settings and now the microphone doesn't work and the audio is a lot...: For context, this started because I was trying to work out how to listen to audio with two separate headsets and managed to succeed. However, when I tried to reverse what I had done after the fuss with the two headsets, my microphone became very quiet when I called on Discord...
  3. I messed up my headset settings and now the microphone doesn't work and the audio is a lot...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I messed up my headset settings and now the microphone doesn't work and the audio is a lot...: For context, this started because I was trying to work out how to listen to audio with two separate headsets and managed to succeed. However, when I tried to reverse what I had done after the fuss with the two headsets, my microphone became very quiet when I called on Discord...
  4. Messed up audio.

Messed up audio.: Hi. My audio for the line out is giving a constant buzzing sound and the right headphone is extremely messed up sounding. The left headphone sounds fine but the right one is like bassbosted. I have bought a new cable and used it but the same problem occurs. Any Solutions?...
  5. Messed up audio.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Messed up audio.: Hi. My audio for the line out is giving a constant buzzing sound and the right headphone is extremely messed up sounding. The left headphone sounds fine but the right one is like bassbosted. I have bought a new cable and used it but the same problem occurs. Any Solutions?...
  6. Messed up audio.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. My Windows 10 Installation is extremely messed up; Constant audio stutters, unable to run...

My Windows 10 Installation is extremely messed up; Constant audio stutters, unable to run...: I will try to be as descriptive as possible, if any information is missing please let me know.My windows installation has been running poorly for some time now, so I decided to reset my PC recently.After resetting, things worked fine for a while, but now they don't.Audio and...
  8. My Windows 10 Installation is extremely messed up; Constant audio stutters, unable to run...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Windows 10 Installation is extremely messed up; Constant audio stutters, unable to run...: I will try to be as descriptive as possible, if any information is missing please let me know.My windows installation has been running poorly for some time now, so I decided to reset my PC recently.After resetting, things worked fine for a while, but now they don't.Audio and...
  9. My Windows 10 Installation is extremely messed up; Constant audio stutters, unable to run...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. My audio keeps on being messed up

My audio keeps on being messed up: My computer audio keeps on disappearing, sometimes it doesn't but sometimes whenever I turn off the computer and then later open it, I can see that the audio is missing, it only comes back once I shut down the computer, and reset the computer doesn't work. Also sometimes it...