Windows 10: Audio/ mic problems on laptop after latest Windows 10 update

Discus and support Audio/ mic problems on laptop after latest Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, Last night I downloaded the latest Windows 10 update. Took much longer than any update in the past. However, when I plugged in the same earphones... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RPG_WOLF, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Audio/ mic problems on laptop after latest Windows 10 update

Hi, Last night I downloaded the latest Windows 10 update. Took much longer than any update in the past. However, when I plugged in the same earphones as always Realtek Audio Console popped up (which it never does). I continued doing things as I normally would, but for instance when playing Battlefield, I noticed the audio quality being significantly worse, almost not as "full" as it usually is. It sounded like I was using extremely cheap earphones. Same goes for watching videos or anything else.

Another thing, in discord calls others complained that the fans of my microphone could be heard extremely loudly and not much of my voice. This has never happened prior to the update, even with the mic on my earphones being close to loud fans. Unless something miraculous has happened to my earphones, I'm willing to bet that the update messed up some settings, specifically this Realtek Audio Console suddenly popping up. Any possible solutions?

Thanks.

submitted by /u/RPG_WOLF
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RPG_WOLF, Mar 16, 2021
  2. Zoladex Win User

Laptop not splitting headset mic & audio?

Hi
    Simple version. When i plug in my headset to my laptop windows10 is not splitting it into one output and one input.

I fixed this years back by setting the popup box 'whats plugged in' from headphone to headset. Then it split the audio and mic. However i had to reinstall windows and now when i select headset it just mutes my laptop mic and audio manager just shows the one mic, but two audio outputs.

It was working before the reset and i have tested the headset on another computer and it is working find.
    So far i tried device manage audio driver install, for both Realtek driver and High Definition driver but either resolve the issue.

Any suggestions why windows would pick up one and not the other?

I currently have it set to headphone plugged in so that i can use my laptop mic, but ive been told i sound really bad *Sad

Cheers,
    Zola

Zoladex, Mar 16, 2021
  3. fireberd Win User
    USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Audio/ mic problems on laptop after latest Windows 10 update

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I think today's windows update(stable channel) solves d issue

Cumulative Update KB4020102 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.332

• Addressed issue where, after installing the Creators Update, audio output through external decoders no longer works.
    bro, first of all....big thanx to dj urko...been following this thread...
    can i install this on my HP laptop which has realtek hardware id as mentioned down below
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0282&SUBSYS_103C2164&REV_1000
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0282&SUBSYS_103C2164

It comes with inbuilt DTS sound + from HP
    i'm currently using latest driver 8152.

Sai Sreekantt M, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Audio/ mic problems on laptop after latest Windows 10 update

1. Audio/ mic problems on laptop after latest Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Audio mic problems

2. No audio after latest windows updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio after latest windows updates: I have a Dell Inspiron 3668 computer and have the latest bios and Realtek audio driver from Dell, but audio stopped working after last Windows update. The troubleshooter is no help--it thinks there isn't a problem. After trying to send a tone and replying I didn't hear it, it...
  3. No audio after latest windows updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio after latest windows updates: I have a Dell Inspiron 3668 computer and have the latest bios and Realtek audio driver from Dell, but audio stopped working after last Windows update. The troubleshooter is no help--it thinks there isn't a problem. After trying to send a tone and replying I didn't hear it, it...
  4. No audio after latest windows updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Problem after latest windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem after latest windows 10 update.: After latest windows 10 update10-20 one of the features on my HP laptop no longer works. On my Windows 10 HP Pavilion an i5/2.7Ghz/12 Gig of memory with backlit keyboard I have a "mute button" the mute featuresound on/off works as it should but the light on the key doesn't...
  6. Mic problem after Windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic problem after Windows update: [ATTACH] Hi! A few days ago Windows got an update but after this I can no longer give access to the microphone to desktop apps like discord. I reinstalled the audio driver and discord too but nothing works. Any advice for how to fix it? I have a Lenovo IdeaPad c340...
  7. Crackle Audio Windows 10 after latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Crackle Audio Windows 10 after latest update: Can you go back and undo what caused the update to cause this. maybe go back to the driver used beforehand, i have an RCA Cambio 10.1 and im not admin i cant change drivers only option is details, PLEASE and make it a short update pls ;)...
  8. Problems after windows 10 latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems after windows 10 latest update: The first issue goes back to Dec. 2018... the sound on bluetooth is so raspy you can't even make out what people are saying. Have tried it with several bluetootgh devices and it is the same with all of them. Starting yesterday. the screen goes black and I have to power down...
  9. Audio disappeared after latest Windows 10 update

Audio disappeared after latest Windows 10 update: I have a Dell Inspirion 13 laptop. Audio disappeared after latest Windows 10 update, around Nov 10, 2018. I have spent several hours with Dell service and although they have managed to restore the audio twice by rolling things back, reloading drivers etc. etc. (10 hours...
  10. No audio after latest Windows 10 update

No audio after latest Windows 10 update: Hi, Struggling to get audio working after I updated to latest version of Windows 10. Audio driver seems to have disappeared and have tried searching to update to latest driver, but it says the best driver is already installed. Tried reinstalling graphics driver but no...