Windows 10: Audio/microphone does not work Windows 10?

Discus and support Audio/microphone does not work Windows 10? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Since a long time I noticed that I have a bug concerning my audio/ microphone. It was the first time I noticed while playing on my laptop that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KajusLT, Jun 23, 2020.

1. KajusLT Win User

Audio/microphone does not work Windows 10?

Hello,

Since a long time I noticed that I have a bug concerning my audio/ microphone. It was the first time I noticed while playing on my laptop that I was in "voice chat" (team voice channel) where I was talking to my team and I couldn't hear my team... But the thing is that they hear me. With my online tutoring it is exactly the other way around... I cannot connect my microphone but I hear my teacher. So I ask for help and I hope somebody can help me. For info : I used mobile phone headphones and I have reinstalled my audio driver and my latest windows updates.

:)

KajusLT, Jun 23, 2020

2. microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Aceman.au Win User
    Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

External microphone does not work

Hi Zarbab,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the microphone being in a disabled state. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open Control Panel and categorize to view by
      Small Icons.
    • Click on Speech Recognition and navigate to
      Advanced Speech Options > Microphone > Advanced
    • Check Real Conexant HD Audio, save the changes and exit
      Control Panel.
    • Restart the machine to see if the microphone works.

Meanwhile, you may also want to go through the troubleshooting suggestions given in the following articles and see if they help:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Audio/microphone does not work Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Audio microphone does

2. Audio doesn't work but Microphone does - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio doesn't work but Microphone does - Windows 10: Hello,I have a plugged-in headset that used to work okay with Windows 10. Now, the microphone works fine but the audio doesn't.I tried the set on my phone and other devices and audio works fine. What can I do? I tried troubleshooting.These are the kind of headphone I use....
  3. Audio doesn't work but Microphone does - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio doesn't work but Microphone does - Windows 10: Hello,I have a plugged-in headset that used to work okay with Windows 10. Now, the microphone works fine but the audio doesn't.I tried the set on my phone and other devices and audio works fine. What can I do? I tried troubleshooting.These are the kind of headphone I use....
  4. Audio doesn't work but Microphone does - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Audio input Microphone does not work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio input Microphone does not work.: All of my microphones including USB and 3.5 do not work. I can listen to them in "Sound" options in control panel. I updated the audio drivers but that didn't help.By default when i am trying to connect headphones to the 3.5 of my microphone Maono-pm422 i listen to it without...
  6. Audio input Microphone does not work.

Audio input Microphone does not work.: All of my microphones including USB and 3.5 do not work. I can listen to them in "Sound" options in control panel. I updated the audio drivers but that didn't help.By default when i am trying to connect headphones to the 3.5 of my microphone Maono-pm422 i listen to it without...
  7. Audio input Microphone does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Headphone audio works, but microphone does not

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphone audio works, but microphone does not: I tried looking for a solution for myself but there seems to be many strange aspects which prevent me from following instructions that are commonly suggested.I have tried solving this problem with two headphones but I get the same problem with both of them.Firstly, the...
  9. Windows 10 microphone does not work... ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 microphone does not work... ?: Windows 10 microphone does not work... ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-microphone-does-not-work/e3c140fc-53c9-43d5-ab06-793aab30e306
  10. Microphone doesn't work but audio does

Microphone doesn't work but audio does: I've had a Rode NT1 microphone condenser and a Rode AI-1 interface. The Rode AI-1 has a headphone jack which I use for my headphones and they work fine but just recently my microphone has stop being detected by my computer. The microphone still works because I can use the...