Windows 10: Audio / Microphone Issues while gaming

Discus and support Audio / Microphone Issues while gaming in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello,I have recently had issues with my Astro A50 headset while playing Warzone. As of recent, the game has been freezing on me for maybe 1~3 seconds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wwinny7, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Wwinny7 Win User

Audio / Microphone Issues while gaming

Hello,I have recently had issues with my Astro A50 headset while playing Warzone. As of recent, the game has been freezing on me for maybe 1~3 seconds and when it is done, my microphone stops working. I then have to unplug my base station, plug it back in, and the microphone works again. This problem occurs both through game chat in Warzone and also Discord. If anyone could provide any help to fix this it would be much appreciated. I have checked all of the audio drivers and made sure the astros had the latest firmware.If any other details are needed please let me know.Thank you!

:)

Wwinny7, Jun 10, 2021
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Aceman.au Win User
    Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Audio / Microphone Issues while gaming

Microphone issue

We suggest that you run the Audio troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshoot in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • On the right pane, select Playing Audio.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

You can also check this thread and follow the troubleshooting steps provided
    by the community members.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Audio / Microphone Issues while gaming

1. Audio / Microphone Issues while gaming - Similar Threads - Audio Microphone Issues

2. Microphone / Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone / Audio Issues: My headphones were working completely fine until a few days ago when I joined my friend, and for some reason my audio got completely messed up everything was really quiet. I then tried switching from game chat to Discord and it kept happening. Eventually, my audio went away...
  3. Microphone / Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone / Audio Issues: My headphones were working completely fine until a few days ago when I joined my friend, and for some reason my audio got completely messed up everything was really quiet. I then tried switching from game chat to Discord and it kept happening. Eventually, my audio went away...
  4. Microphone audio blasts to extreme volume while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone audio blasts to extreme volume while playing games: Hi just want to say FIRST. MASSIVE VOLUME WARNING. please turn your volume down 20 maybe 20-30 percent, or it will hurt your ears listening to what my mic is doing.https://youtu.be/ztOK9XYas0sFor a while now, while im playing a game and talking in calls with my friends,...
  5. Audio / Microphone Issues while gaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio / Microphone Issues while gaming: Hello, I have recently had issues with my computer. As of recent anything that uses a microphone in my computer, a game, zoom, YouTube, OBS studio, Discord starts to weirdly play the audio whenever I turn my mic on. This issue has been going on for me from past 2 weeks and is...
  6. Audio / Microphone Issues while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio / Microphone Issues while gaming: Hello, I have recently had issues with my computer. As of recent anything that uses a microphone in my computer, a game, zoom, YouTube, OBS studio, Discord starts to weirdly play the audio whenever I turn my mic on. This issue has been going on for me from past 2 weeks and is...
  7. Audio / Microphone Issues while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Audio / Microphone Issues while gaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio / Microphone Issues while gaming: Hello, I have recently had issues with my Astro A50 headset while playing Warzone. As of recent, the game has been freezing on me for maybe 1~3 seconds and when it is done, my microphone stops working. I then have to unplug my base station, plug it back in, and the microphone...
  9. Audio Issues while playing games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Issues while playing games: Whenever I try playing Rainbow 6 siege or Overwatch my game audio does this weird thing where it cuts in and out. So far it only happens on these two games and I think its a problem with my audio drivers. I disabled some of the other audio devices on my computer because it...
  10. audio and microphone issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    audio and microphone issues: after update cumulative update audio and microphone both are not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-and-microphone-issues/3279bc80-7694-4ec2-b0ef-96f063e43bf0