Windows 10: Audio + mouse stops semi-randomly

Discus and support Audio + mouse stops semi-randomly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi - I am having two problems with my computer: Audio stops entirely, usually when playing games - I can fix this by restarting the windows audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Samske101, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Samske101 Win User

Audio + mouse stops semi-randomly

Hi - I am having two problems with my computer:

• Audio stops entirely, usually when playing games - I can fix this by restarting the windows audio service

• Mouse randomly stops working - I can fix this by unplugging and re-plugging the mouse in - This will sometimes, but not always, happen at the same time as the audio problem

A little background - This started happening after I did a full format of windows

I have disabled the power off to save electricity options for all my USB hubs, but i'm still having the issues - and I don't seem to have updates available to any drivers that I can see. My windows is also up to date with the newest version.

I have also updated my bios, and I have tried the windows playing audio troubleshooter

:)

Samske101, Feb 24, 2020
  2. rerunner Win User

audio randomly stops working

Hello all,

My computer is currently connected to my Vizio E420-A0 TV (HDMI). My audio randomly stops working and the display audio device disappears. When it works I can see it in device manager:

Audio + mouse stops semi-randomly [​IMG]

And when it stops working it disappears:

The driver seems to be up to date:

Disconnecting and reconnecting the cable doesn't help or turning the TV off and on, but rebooting fixes it. Any ideas?

rerunner, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Oulchura Win User
    Mouse pointer randomly stops

For quite awhile, I've been encountering a mouse pointer problem on my PC (Windows 10), and its driving me nuts *Mad because it never happened while I was on Windows 7.

The cursor occassionally or randomly stops moving when I move the mouse consistently.

Demonstration: https://i.imgur.com/03kbZJx.gifv

In the demonstration, I moved my mouse consistently towards right, but cursor stops moving at few instances while my mouse is still moving. To put this into what it feels like, it feels like something is pulling or stopping the cursor randomly, if cursor is stuck, it won't move if I move the mouse less than 2mm in all directions but it will move if I move the mouse greater than 2mm in all directions. Sometimes it happens more often and sometimes it happens less.

My mouse is Logitech G502, I believe my mouse has no problem because I tried it with my laptop (Same OS and Mouse driver) and it worked perfectly fine.

My mouse driver don't need update. (HID-compliant mouse, 10.0.10586.0)
    My GPU driver don't need update. (NVIDIA, 10.18.13.6519)
    I don't have Logitech Gaming Software installed.
    I tried different USB ports (2.0 or 3.0) and it makes no difference.
    The problem still happens in safe mode.
    Reinstalling Windows shall be my last resort.

Any suggestions?

Oulchura, Feb 24, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Audio services not responding - Audio randomly stopped working

Try the equivalent on your system of this (not all terms may precisely match your setup)
    (from Guide: How to Fix Audio Not Working in Windows 10 : Windows10)

Note: as you may have found, a number of threads on this topic are unsolved.

You may wish to consider doing an in-place upgrade repair install if no solution is found.

Also consider the possibility of hardware failure. You could check the card is seated, cables secure.

dalchina, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Audio + mouse stops semi-randomly - Similar Threads - Audio mouse stops

2. Mouse randomly stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse randomly stops working: Since 2 days my mouse has been wierdly randomly stopping to work. It doesn't stop fully it just doesnt let me to click anything. I have tried different mice and its the same problem. This problem only happens on the desktop, setting and google. When i'm playing games the...
  3. Mouse randomly stops working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse randomly stops working: Since 2 days my mouse has been wierdly randomly stopping to work. It doesn't stop fully it just doesnt let me to click anything. I have tried different mice and its the same problem. This problem only happens on the desktop, setting and google. When i'm playing games the...
  4. Mouse randomly stops working and audio also cuts out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse randomly stops working and audio also cuts out: I'm having this weird issue where my mouse logitech g203 is randomly disconnecting and when it does that my audio also cuts out hyperx cloud II wireless, although its more of a freeze because when the audio comes back it plays the device removed windows sound. I have no idea...
  5. Mouse randomly stops working and audio also cuts out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse randomly stops working and audio also cuts out: I'm having this weird issue where my mouse logitech g203 is randomly disconnecting and when it does that my audio also cuts out hyperx cloud II wireless, although its more of a freeze because when the audio comes back it plays the device removed windows sound. I have no idea...
  6. Mouse randomly stops working and audio also cuts out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Mouse stops working randomly .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse stops working randomly .: My mouse stops working randomly however the scroll wheel works everytime but the cursor would stop responding randomly and starts working again and again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-stops-working-randomly/d0a31398-6661-4e80-a8c2-ba51ffdd8582
  8. Mouse stops working randomly .

Mouse stops working randomly .: My mouse stops working randomly however the scroll wheel works everytime but the cursor would stop responding randomly and starts working again and again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-stops-working-randomly/d0a31398-6661-4e80-a8c2-ba51ffdd8582
  9. Semi Random Restarts (detailed)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Semi Random Restarts (detailed): This isnt short but I tried. Ive spent the better part of the last month even extending back before an upgrade about 5 months, oddly suspended the issue until about a month ago. I've tried about everything i can think of. Issue: Random restarts, pc powers down then...
  10. Mouse pointer randomly stops

Mouse pointer randomly stops: For quite awhile, I've been encountering a mouse pointer problem on my PC (Windows 10), and its driving me nuts *Mad because it never happened while I was on Windows 7. The cursor occassionally or randomly stops moving when I move the mouse consistently. Demonstration:...