Windows 10: Audio moves to monitor when plugged in- I want the laptop sound- How to set that? ASUS...

Discus and support Audio moves to monitor when plugged in- I want the laptop sound- How to set that? ASUS... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Thanks- I want to be able to use my fancy sound on the laptop- it's better than the monitor's. BUT, when the monitor is plugged into the computer, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JGJPal, Apr 8, 2021.

1. JGJPal Win User

Audio moves to monitor when plugged in- I want the laptop sound- How to set that? ASUS...

Thanks- I want to be able to use my fancy sound on the laptop- it's better than the monitor's. BUT, when the monitor is plugged into the computer, it takes over the audio. If the monitor is plugged in, and turned off, there is no sound to be had.

What settings do i need to change to give me my big voice sound?

:)

JGJPal, Apr 8, 2021

2. dual monitors stops sound

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• When will the sound disable, when playing through main monitor or the extended monitor?
    • Did you try enabling the sound from the sound drivers and check if it helps?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    This issue causes because the monitor automatically takes the HDMI sound as the Default input. Disable and enable the speakers and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the volume control and then
      Properties
    • When you connect the HDMI it becomes the default output device, even though it has no speakers.
    • You need to change this back to "Speakers" and set as default.

Audio moves to monitor when plugged in- I want the laptop sound- How to set that? ASUS... 277833d1379328243t-hdmi-monitor-no-speakers-no-sound-anywhere-when-connected-sound.png

Hope this helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Arya Azar Win User
    How to get sound to play through monitor.

Hello. I have an HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad edition. It has a Nvidia 740M. I use it closed while connected to a monitor through HDMI. My monitor is a Dell S2415h. The monitor has speakers, but only through HDMI. It does not have an aux in. Audio only plays
    through laptop speakers. I want it to play through monitor speakers. Here is what I have tried. My laptop only has a "IDT audio codec", which has no way to change settings. It does not have Realtek.

• Went to sound settings in control panel under the playback tab.
      • The HDMI is not there
    • Restarted with the monitor plugged in.
    • Installed drivers for the monitor.
      • Didn't do anything
    • Went to device manager to try to see if I can enable a sound device.
      • I did not see the name of the monitor, but I did see a "High definition audio device" with a yellow triangle next to it. I tried to get it to update drivers, but it doesn't do anything.
    • Updated all drivers and Windows
    • Went to Nvidia control panel and also Intel chipset settings. There is nothing to change settings for audio. Only 3d and graphics.
    Please let me know how to fix it. Thank you.

Arya Azar, Apr 8, 2021
  4. fireberd Win User

Audio moves to monitor when plugged in- I want the laptop sound- How to set that? ASUS...

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Audio moves to monitor when plugged in- I want the laptop sound- How to set that? ASUS... - Similar Threads - Audio moves monitor

2. ASUS Laptop crashes when not plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS Laptop crashes when not plugged in: Whenever my ASUS TUF Gaming K6NRCV03Z82225B is unplugged, the laptop is fine for a couple seconds before crashing with the error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. It will crash loop upon restarting again, and will stop when plugged in again. This only started happening...
  3. ASUS Laptop crashes when not plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS Laptop crashes when not plugged in: Whenever my ASUS TUF Gaming K6NRCV03Z82225B is unplugged, the laptop is fine for a couple seconds before crashing with the error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. It will crash loop upon restarting again, and will stop when plugged in again. This only started happening...
  4. sound/audio issue when plugging in both external speakers and monitor display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound/audio issue when plugging in both external speakers and monitor display: said above having those two things plugged in along with all of its cords: speakers only have one audio jack plugged into the headphone area, monitor has hdmi cord and usb cord both plugged into those areas and the only other cord plugged in is my charger which I highly doubt...
  5. My Asus laptop does not charge when i plugged it in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Asus laptop does not charge when i plugged it in.: I don't know whether it's my hardware or the Windows OS but I highly doubt it is the Windows OS. Can someone help? This is my battery report. Battery report COMPUTER NAMELAPTOP-JN9HHFU1 SYSTEM PRODUCT NAMEASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. VivoBook S15 X530UN BIOSX530UN.305 05/21/2019...
  6. ASUS FX505 distorted display when second monitor is plugged in

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    ASUS FX505 distorted display when second monitor is plugged in: Hi, I have an ASUS FX505 laptop. When an external monitor is attached, everything's fine... until I use "Extended display" mode. Laptop display (the main one) gets distorted and shifted while secondary display looks ok. Please, I would appreciate it if you can help me....
  7. ASUS FX505 distorted display when second monitor is plugged in

in Windows 10 Support
    ASUS FX505 distorted display when second monitor is plugged in: Hi, I have an ASUS FX505 laptop. When an external monitor is attached, everything's fine... until I use "Extended display" mode. Laptop display (the main one) gets distorted and shifted while secondary display looks ok. Please, I would appreciate it if you can help me....
  8. no sound on my asus monitor

no sound on my asus monitor: i just purchased a new monitor and cannot for the life of me figure out why i cannot get any sound. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-on-my-asus-monitor/84404031-68d1-45e8-9a1f-8a597477ca47
  9. Cackling sounds when plugging earphones to laptop

Cackling sounds when plugging earphones to laptop: Version 1903 Hi, as the title says, i can hear cackling sounds (i guess that's what its called) on my right side of earphones when its plugged to the laptop. It's not loud but definitely annoying when there is no sound playing. When I play loud enough sounds though, it...
  10. Monitor now showing as "not plugged in" in Sounds Settings - cannot get sound!

Monitor now showing as "not plugged in" in Sounds Settings - cannot get sound!: For a week or so now, I haven't been able to get sounds to play through my monitor Monitor is plugged in to the graphics card via DP to HDMI cable - been working fine for the past 2 years Sounds can play through my headphones when I select the headphones device using the...