Windows 10: Audio muting itself

Discus and support Audio muting itself in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Does anyone know what might cause the audio to mute itself . Ive seen the behavior on a couple of different machines now, mainly HP Probook laptops. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DOgryffOR, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Audio muting itself

Does anyone know what might cause the audio to mute itself . Ive seen the behavior on a couple of different machines now, mainly HP Probook laptops. It seems to happen most often during Zoom meetings while talking the microphone and speakers randomly mute. Ive tried the following with no luck: Audio drivers are up to date (tried rolling back but no change) Exclusive mode is disabled for both mic and speakers Hardware acceleration is disabled Audio enhancement disabled Power management is set to continue running when on battery Communications activity set to do nothing Adjusted the multimedia power plan settings to optimize All background apps disabled Install all latest windows updates (inlcuding v1909)

Its not only the Zoom sounds that are muted but the entire machine with the mute light indicator on the keyboard

submitted by /u/DOgryffOR
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DOgryffOR, Apr 9, 2020
  2. David Haz Win User

Volume goes to zero and mute.

Hi William,

If the volume of your computer automatically mutes, it could be that the audio drivers are corrupted or damaged, or that there are software conflicts occurring within the system. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the audio troubleshooter
    and lets Windows find and automatically resolve problems with your audio. Here's how to run the audio troubleshooter:

• Select the Start button, then type troubleshoot, and select
      Troubleshoot from the list of results. From there, select
      Playing Audio
      > Run the troubleshooter.

If the troubleshooter does not help resolve the problem with your volume settings, we suggest that you check Device Manager and update your sound card drivers. Updating would replace any corrupted or damaged components of the audio driver. Here's how to
    update your audio drivers through Device Manager:

• Open the Start button, then type device manager, and select
      Device Manager from the search results.
    • Under Sound, video and game controllers, right-click your sound card driver, then select
      Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically search for updated driver software.
    If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you may look for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions on how to install their driver.

If the above steps doesn't resolve the problem, feel free to post back to us.

David Haz, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Audio sound mute and un-mutes.

Hello,

Please provide us more information to help you further:

• How long have you been experiencing this problem?
    • Have you made any recent changes to the computer?
    • Have you updated the audio drivers?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab03

Method 2:

If the issue persists, then try to uninstall and re-install the audio driver.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click On
      Device Manager
    • In the list of hardware categories, look for the device that you want to update, and then right-click on it to
      Uninstall.
    • Follow onscreen instructions to uninstall it.
    • To re-install, either you can restart the system or install the driver from the manufacturer’s website (recommended as they will have updated drivers).
    For reference:

Try all the steps provided in the link below and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Tendows Win User

Audio muting itself

Volume Mixer not showing muted app

The application was muted on Windows 10 with November update. Now I am using Anniversary update, on build 14393.10

The initial step did not help make Banished show up in the Volume Mixer, nor did the article.

Tendows, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Audio muting itself

1. Audio muting itself - Similar Threads - Audio muting itself

2. laptop mutes itself wont unmute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop mutes itself wont unmute: I have a new HP Pavillion 15 laptop with windows 11 home that whenever a new update becomes available every few days apparently! the laptop will mute itself and not unmute either by the little tab at the bottom right of the screen or in settings. the only way to unmute the...
  3. Microphone keeps muting itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone keeps muting itself: As you can see in the above image, a specific device has its microphone muted. This happens irregularly and automatically. I have no programs that I know of that would affect my sound settings like this. Can anyone help?...
  4. Volume lowers by itself until it mutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume lowers by itself until it mutes: I'm currently on a windows 10, and my volume keeps dropping. It's acting like I'm holding the lower volume button when I'm not. The vertical volume display thing that usually appears when I adjust the volume using the volume buttons is stuck on the screen, saying I'm muted....
  5. My audio is muted?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My audio is muted?: It looks like the audio of my pc is muted at the bottom. Over the volume symbol it has a red "x" But whenever i try to unmute it it just troubleshoots the problem. the lady then says its muted and that she unmuted it but when i go to click on it again, it just troubleshoots...
  6. Windows audio lowers itself to mute automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows audio lowers itself to mute automatically: I ordered a pair of KZ es4's and they work perfectly on my phone, but when i connect them to my laptop window's volume lowers itself untill mute (and tries to go even lower) this doesn't happen immediately after plugging them in and there isn't some kind of pattern or set...
  7. Audios is completely muted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audios is completely muted: Just as about to browse on the internet and watch Twitch and some stuff, I hear nothing with audios and it's dead silence. I thought I have to put mute on, but I hear nothing the rest of it. I have to try to fix it such as put automatic Window Audios, Plug and Play and...
  8. Muted Audio Drivers

Muted Audio Drivers: I don't know if this will help or not but I was having the problem of my audio driver's would not unmute.If you are running Multiplicity or some other audio sharing software disable it! Some situations might be the same but this solved my problem. I hope this helps!...
  9. microphone mutes itself

microphone mutes itself: When i go into properties the mike is muted. When I unmute it works for less than a minute then mutes again. The only suggestion I have found is set as default device which does not solve problem. I have also read it is a virus but I cannot solve with malware or virus scans....
  10. Microphone Mutes Itself

Microphone Mutes Itself: There is a new Dell laptop with Win10 and Skype installed. I do not always have access to it - trying to fix it for someone who keeps it at their house - I get access to it occasionally. Problem: The microphone keeps muting itself. Reset it and it's OK for a while, then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Why does my volume keeps muting itself

2. windows 10 zoom audio mutes by itself