Windows 10: audio No dialog voice only background noises

Discus and support audio No dialog voice only background noises in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; any video i play on windows There is only background noises but i dont hear people talking at all, how do i fix this? i tried to reinstall drivers and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SoLoMYT, Feb 14, 2021.

1. SoLoMYT Win User

audio No dialog voice only background noises

any video i play on windows There is only background noises but i dont hear people talking at all, how do i fix this? i tried to reinstall drivers and updating and troubleshooting but none of those helped me

EDIT: movies work just fine on chrome/youtube or whatever, but they don't work when i download them, the problem isnt in the movies its a audio driver issue

:)

SoLoMYT, Feb 14, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

Software to separate noise from the human voice or song

For audio, you could try Audacity. You can select a sample period where there is just the noise you want to remove, then filter that from the audio.

Noise Reduction - Audacity Manual

3. tomyfr Win User

@Bree Thanks for your help up to now. audio No dialog voice only background noises :) I did something to the file finally as follows:

1- Using FFmpeg extracted the audio file (.mp3) of the video file (.avi)
    2- Ran the app and opened the .mp3 file
    3- Selected an amount of 8 seconds on the wave and followed the other steps of the page you'd previously offered.
    4- But in the Noise Reduction window, Step 2, I set the parameters as in the image below:

audio No dialog voice only background noises [​IMG]

5- Selected the entire track by "ctrl + A"
    6- Once again Effect -> Noise Reduction (There's no Noise Removal as is written in the link above!)
    7- Pressed OK. And exported the audio file as a new .mp3 file.

Have I gone through the appropriate process correctly up to here, please?

Then I compared that new file to the first one to see the real effect. The selected noise has properly been reduced fortunately on the whole track, but there is some annoying case, and it is, the real voices of the individuals in the track have also been rather influenced improperly, making it less comprehensible. I think this unwanted side-effect can be solved by using the parameters of the Noise Reduction window right.

Since you've experience with the task, will you tell me what the best solution is for that, please?

tomyfr, Feb 14, 2021
  4. tomyfr Win User

Ahh. Unfortunately the only remedy for the problem is Equalization. the extracted (.WAV) audio file has distortion and the voice fluctuates like a wave at times and I know it makes the case worse! *Sad

Now if the Equalization is the way to go, unfortunately it's hard for me because its the first time I'm dealing with this dialog:

audio No dialog voice only background noises [​IMG]

Some major modifications for this window is simple language based on the circumstaces I described for the voice will be helpful very much.

tomyfr, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

1. audio No dialog voice only background noises - Similar Threads - audio dialog voice

2. Voice Access - Background Noise Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Voice Access - Background Noise Issue: So I've been using Voice Access for my Windows 11 Pro laptop for a couple months due to RSI issues with my hands. If I'm WFH it's fine, but if I'm in the office, it's near-impossible to use if anyone's talking, as it ends up dictating what they're saying or cancelling the...
  3. Voice Access - Background Noise Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Voice Access - Background Noise Issue: So I've been using Voice Access for my Windows 11 Pro laptop for a couple months due to RSI issues with my hands. If I'm WFH it's fine, but if I'm in the office, it's near-impossible to use if anyone's talking, as it ends up dictating what they're saying or cancelling the...
  4. I hear the background audio only but not the people's or actor's voice . This usually...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I hear the background audio only but not the people's or actor's voice . This usually...: I was watching a series and i just finished an episode , that's when the background works but the characters or people's voice , i can't hear them, the sound of the people's voice is not loud enough, even when i put my volume to max. Help please....
  5. I hear the background audio only but not the people's or actor's voice . This usually...

I hear the background audio only but not the people's or actor's voice . This usually...: I was watching a series and i just finished an episode , that's when the background works but the characters or people's voice , i can't hear them, the sound of the people's voice is not loud enough, even when i put my volume to max. Help please....
  6. Why do i hear distorted voices and background noises on voice chat?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why do i hear distorted voices and background noises on voice chat?: Whenever I am on any kind of voice call on my computer, I hear my friend really low-pitched or really high-pitched as if they are using a voice change app. Be it on discord, whatsapp, or league of legend. I tried to uninstall the sound drivers and restart my computer, and...
  7. Why do i hear distorted voices and background noises on voice chat?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do i hear distorted voices and background noises on voice chat?: Whenever I am on any kind of voice call on my computer, I hear my friend really low-pitched or really high-pitched as if they are using a voice change app. Be it on discord, whatsapp, or league of legend. I tried to uninstall the sound drivers and restart my computer, and...
  8. Why do i hear distorted voices and background noises on voice chat?

9. Background Noise/Music Louder than Voices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background Noise/Music Louder than Voices: Hi there, When watching a youtube video I noticed that the voices were barely audible and the background music/sounds were unbearably loud. I thought this was just down to their editing, but after checking other videos and devices I noticed it isn't that at all. I hunted for...
  10. Audio Problems-White noise in the background...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Problems-White noise in the background...: Every time I run an app that requires audio, I keep getting this constant white noise playing at the same time. I've done all the tests, updates, and system restore a couple of times and nothing works. Is there a ay for a tech to fix this online while I watch? Thank you....