Windows 10: Audio No Longer Recognized

Discus and support Audio No Longer Recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As of the recent Microsoft 2020 update my computer no longer recognizes any sound output devices that I can tell. I have checked for updates for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KarlL_17, Oct 13, 2020.

1. KarlL_17 Win User

Audio No Longer Recognized

As of the recent Microsoft 2020 update my computer no longer recognizes any sound output devices that I can tell. I have checked for updates for the drivers and all say they are up to date. The only one indicating any issue is the Intel SmartSound Technology OED with an error of

"This device cannot start. Code 10

Configuration mismatch production/engineering."

What should I do to rectify this? It is severely impacting work as I need audio for virtual meetings.

:)

KarlL_17, Oct 13, 2020
  2. Nofsdad Win User

No longer recognizes CD/DVD drive

Since receiving the Win 10 Home upgrade my computer no longer recognizes the DVD drive. It doesn't show in Device Manger or in the device list in This PC although it does spin up if you insert media into it. I've tried all the suggested remedies except messing with the registry and nothing works. This is one of several problems I've had with device drivers since the upgrade.

Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    AMD FX-4130 3.80Ghz
    8Gb Installed memory

Nofsdad, Oct 14, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    No audio device is installed (How to fix?)

Since you uninstalled the Intel Display audio and you no longer have audio, that suggests you are using HDMI (??) If this is the case then the Realtek is not being used and not causing your problem.

First step as mentioned is to reinstall the Intel Display Audio.

fireberd, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Audio No Longer Recognized - Similar Threads - Audio Longer Recognized

2. Ethernet Cable no longer recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Cable no longer recognized: Problem:Ethernet cable that has worked for a long time has suddenly stopped.Worked yesterday after resetting the router twice. Resetting the router is no longer working showing as "not connected" in Network Settings.Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections shows...
  3. Microphone is no longer recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is no longer recognized: Hello, i've been facing a problem, that occured randomly. I've used external microphone and everything worked fine, but few days ago Windows collapsed the recognition of microphone, and ever since when i plug it in, it thinks that this are speakers, so sound shuts down. I've...
  4. Microphone is no longer recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone is no longer recognized: Hello, i've been facing a problem, that occured randomly. I've used external microphone and everything worked fine, but few days ago Windows collapsed the recognition of microphone, and ever since when i plug it in, it thinks that this are speakers, so sound shuts down. I've...
  5. Microphone is no longer recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Bluetooth no longer recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth no longer recognized: Hi! I need help.Yesterday I had no problem with the Bluetooth I use the Mini Google as the output audio. Today it shows as though my PC does not have Bluetooth connectivity. I have Windows 11, and there is nowhere in setting where I can turn on or off Bluetooth. The only...
  7. Bluetooth no longer recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth no longer recognized: Hi! I need help.Yesterday I had no problem with the Bluetooth I use the Mini Google as the output audio. Today it shows as though my PC does not have Bluetooth connectivity. I have Windows 11, and there is nowhere in setting where I can turn on or off Bluetooth. The only...
  8. Windows No Longer Recognizes Conexant Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows No Longer Recognizes Conexant Audio Drivers: A few Windows updates ago, my laptop stopped recognizing that I have onboard audio (specifically Conexant High Definition Audio HDMI). It seems like I'm not the only one having the problem but I can't find a viable solution on the interwebs and I'm out of ideas. Anyone have...
  9. HDMI monitor audio out no longer recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI monitor audio out no longer recognized: Monitor: LG 34BK650-W 34" WFHD 2560x1080 connected using HDMI Windows 10 Before 5/12/2020 update my monitor was recognized as an audio output device and I could toggle between my monitor speakers and headphones in the playback device menu. After the update, my monitor...
  10. USB Drive No Longer Recognized?

in Windows 10 Support
    USB Drive No Longer Recognized?: Hey everyone! So, I've been running into a weird situation and I was hoping to run into some clarification on what I could do to fix the problem. I got a 128GB Flash Drive which I proceeded to install a portable, bootable Fedora install on. Of course, naturally, since...