Windows 10: audio no longer works after installation of KB4576945

Discus and support audio no longer works after installation of KB4576945 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear, After the installation of KB4576945 the audio doesn't work anymore on my computer. I got also an error "0x0000007E PowerMgr.exe could not find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AstridVnr, Oct 3, 2020.

1. AstridVnr Win User

audio no longer works after installation of KB4576945

Dear,

After the installation of KB4576945 the audio doesn't work anymore on my computer. I got also an error "0x0000007E PowerMgr.exe could not find the module" at startup. I managed to solve the PowerMgr.exe error by re-installing the PowerMgr driver as adviced on the Lenovo support website.

I reinstalled also successfully the driver of my audio device RealTek Audio, Microsoft driver 10.0.19041.1, however this didn't solve the problem. A DISM /online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth and a DISM /online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth didn't reveal any problem.

The troubleshooter on the audio did say "the device that you are configuring, is deleted" and stated that the audio services are not running. However, when checking the list of devices the audio device is there and stating the device is running correctly. When checking the list of services, the audio services are there and running correctly.

My computer is a Lenovo Thinkpad X390 running Windows 10 Pro: version 2004 build 19041.508 feature experience pack 120.2212.31.0

Could you please urgently provide me a solution as I need my audio / my computer for conference calls and video meetings. Thanks in advance.

:)

AstridVnr, Oct 3, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

No audio device is installed (How to fix?)

Since you uninstalled the Intel Display audio and you no longer have audio, that suggests you are using HDMI (??) If this is the case then the Realtek is not being used and not causing your problem.

First step as mentioned is to reinstall the Intel Display Audio.

fireberd, Oct 3, 2020
  3. blueacres Win User
    Reinstalled WIN7... onboard audio no longer working

I've had problems with my onboard audio not working in the past but never after installing a fresh OS. I have front and rear inputs and my audio manager is detecting neither. I've installed realtek ac97 codec and high def audio but to no avail. The weird this is, is that I have gotten it to work twice in the last week by screwing with the realtek options, rebooting, changing bios defaults. Both times however they go back to not wanting when i turn back on my comp after I had shut it down for the night. Any ideas/suggestions?

blueacres, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Jessen P Win User

My audio no longer works on windows 10

Hi Brendon,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

• What all troubleshooting steps have you performed to get the issue fixed?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

I would suggest you to turn off Audio enhancements and then check if it helps.

• Go to Start, enter Sound, and select Sound Control Panel
      from the list of results.

• On the Playback tab, right-click (or tap and hold) the Default Device
      and select Properties.

• On the Enhancements tab, select the Disable all enhancements
      check box and try to play your audio device.

• If that doesn't work, select Cancel and, on the Playback
      tab, select another default device (if you have one), select the Disable all enhancements check box, and try to play audio again. Do this for each default device.
    Please revert if you face any issues with Windows in future.

Jessen P, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

1. audio no longer works after installation of KB4576945 - Similar Threads - audio longer works

2. Speaker audio no longer working after installing cumulative updates for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker audio no longer working after installing cumulative updates for Windows 11: I've followed all of the steps provided by Dell <https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000197391/troubleshooting-audio-problems-in-windows-11> including running the troubleshooter, updating drivers, disabling enhancements, etc. Still can't get sound. ANy other ideas on how...
  3. Speaker audio no longer working after installing cumulative updates for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speaker audio no longer working after installing cumulative updates for Windows 11: I've followed all of the steps provided by Dell <https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000197391/troubleshooting-audio-problems-in-windows-11> including running the troubleshooter, updating drivers, disabling enhancements, etc. Still can't get sound. ANy other ideas on how...
  4. Audio not working after update installation

Audio not working after update installation: Yesterday, my HP Victus laptop automatically downloaded two audio updates Realtek - Extension - 1.0.0.161 and Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - Extension - 6.0.9381.1. Ever since these updates were installed, the Realtek audio speaker in my computer is not working. My headphones...
  5. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio no longer working after most recent update: Hello, I recently about a week ago installed a windows update which I had been putting off for a bit and found that after full installation my audio was no longer working. Not thinking much of it I left it a few days hoping some magical fix would come, but unfortunately this...
  6. Audio no longer working after most recent update

Audio no longer working after most recent update: Hello, I recently about a week ago installed a windows update which I had been putting off for a bit and found that after full installation my audio was no longer working. Not thinking much of it I left it a few days hoping some magical fix would come, but unfortunately this...
  7. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Mic no longer working after installing Realtek HD audio manager

Mic no longer working after installing Realtek HD audio manager: Hi, I just recently installed the Realtek HD audio manager. When installation was completed and rebooted and missing sound/mic properties. Please help...
  9. audio not working after installing gpu

audio not working after installing gpu: A little while ago, I upgraded my gpu to a gtx 1060 6gb from an amd r7 240. Ever since then I haven't had audio. I went into services and made the windows and the windows audio end point builder running and on automatic. I don't have the little red x one the audio symbol...
  10. Audio no longer working

Audio no longer working: My audio is no longer working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-no-longer-working/0cf5a8f6-2ab9-421c-9720-43e8ce692ce2