Windows 10: Audio; no sound after installing NVIDIA Quadro K600

Discus and support Audio; no sound after installing NVIDIA Quadro K600 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a solution for those having a similar problem with an NVIDIA or other graphics card. Here is the solution I found. How did I get the problem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sheyenne Dreamer, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Audio; no sound after installing NVIDIA Quadro K600

I have a solution for those having a similar problem with an NVIDIA or other graphics card. Here is the solution I found.

How did I get the problem? Upgraded the video on my workstation hp XW6600 to a medium performance video card very adequate for what I do to help fix temporary 1-2 second hang problems I was having as well as screen horizontal streaking and screen jitter. Also wanted a newer video card that has Windows 10 drivers/support.

Chose to get a K600, which has DVI output. DVI is better than the analog VGA I had.

Unplugged the computer, installed the K600 card. Put all back together, powered up the computer. Video was good. Went to "msinfo" which brought up the System Information Screen. Selected Components -> Display and wrote down the driver number - 21.nn.nn.nnnn. Downloaded the latest Dec. 2019 driver for the K600 from the NVIDIA website, then installed it. Went back to "msinfo" and it showed the driver was updated to 26.nn.nn.nnnn. Video was great. The streaking problem and screen jitter went away. Had not been running long enough to see if I would still have the temporary hang problems. So far, a day later, no hangs.

Then I wanted to see the video perform on a 'video', like from a news site. Result: great video, but no sound.

Went into Device Manager. Clicked on 'Sound, video and game controller' It showed 'NVIDIA High Definition Audio'. This was new, so OK, the driver for the K600 must have had an audio component that got installed. The 'High Definition Audio Device' I used to have was no longer there. Went up to the menu bar and selected View -> Show Hidden Devices. Now the 'High Definition Audio Device' appeared. I right-clicked on it, then clicked on Properties. The Device Status was that it was not plugged in Code 45. This was odd; it is built-in on the motherboard.

Went to Control Panel -> Sound. The 'playback' tab came up by default. The sub-window showed nothing - no sound card. I right clicked in the sub-window and turned on 'Show Disconnected Devices' and left on 'Show Disabled Devices'. By doing this, I got two new entries: "NVIDIA HDMI Output Port 0" and "NVIDIA HDMI Output Port 1." Both had a message in the 3rd line saying "Not plugged in." The K600 has an HDMI connector accessible next to the DVI connector. I did not need a digital sound interface that would not work with my analog powered speakers. I needed the standard analog interface to go to my speakers.

So now what? I went back to the Device Manager. I found the 'NVIDIA High Definition Audio', right-clicked on it, and disabled the driver. I thought that perhaps the driver was interfering with the driver for my motherboard-imbedded RealTek audio circuits. I then uninstalled and reinstalled the driver for my RealTek audio. Result: No change. Sound still did not work. I then reinstalled the 'NVIDIA High Definition Audio' and finished debug for the day.

This morning tried again. I saw a post saying his or her solution was to alter a BIOS setting.

So I powered down the computer. I turned it back on and tapped the appropriate Fnn key to bring up the BIOS Setup screen. Looked for anything having to do with Audio. I found only one entry. It was for "Integrated Audio." It was Disabled. I switched it to 'Enable'. I saved the change, crossed my fingers and exited the BIOS. The OS then brought the XW6600 up. I turned on the Media Player, and I had sound. Problem Solved.

I went back into the Device Manager, and I could now see the 'High Definition Audio Device'. It was no longer hidden and it was "working properly."

I went back into 'Control Panel -> Sound', and I still had the two NVIDIA entries as 'Not plugged In', but now I also had my 'High Definition Audio Device.' It had the big green check mark on it. So all was good, everything looked good, and I have normal sound again through my speakers.

:)

Sheyenne Dreamer, Dec 24, 2019

2. NVIDIA Quadro AA Modes

Hello all,

I was looking through the different AA modes for the quadro card in my Precision laptop. I have a limited understanding of how AA actually works. What has me curious is for example with the GTX 670 in my desktop has different labeled modes than the ones for the laptop quadro.

The modes listed for the GeForce:

Audio; no sound after installing NVIDIA Quadro K600 [​IMG]

Then the modes listed for the Quadro:

Audio; no sound after installing NVIDIA Quadro K600 [​IMG]

My main question here is this:

How do the different modes differ?

For instance the Quadro has three different 8x modes listed. One is 4xMS 4xCS and the other is 4xSS and 2xMS, then the other is just 8x MS. How do these differ and which one is better?

ArazelEternal, Dec 24, 2019
  3. Nvidia Quadro NVS 295

Wow what a mess. Issue just upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10 and bam Crashing because of Nvidia Quadro 295 graphics drivers. Here is what I have done so far. Uninstalled all Nvidia drvers from safemode. Let Windows reboot and ran Windows Update to
    download that driver, crash then downloaded Nvidia's driver 341.74 and same thing crashing. Any suggestions?

jamesrobertson, Dec 24, 2019
  4. J.L.Cook Win User

Audio; no sound after installing NVIDIA Quadro K600

Nvidia Quadro NVS 295

For people who have Dell T3500/R5500 and anything in that era of computers that use the NVidia Quadro NVS 295 you have download a Windows 10 x64 driver from NVidia.com.

I have attached a driver link below however if you wish to obtain it your self you have to go to the driver download page specific options listed below.

Product Type: "Quadro"

Product Series: "Show all Product Series" then select "Quadro NVS Series"

Product: "Quadro NVS 295"

Operating System: "Windows 10 64-bit"

Select the options that are applicable to your use and search...

It should return Driver 342.00 released on 2016.10.27.

Download NVIDIA, GeForce, Quadro, and Tesla Drivers

J.L.Cook, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

Audio; no sound after installing NVIDIA Quadro K600

1. Audio; no sound after installing NVIDIA Quadro K600 - Similar Threads - Audio sound installing

2. Windows 10 Nvidia Quadro M1000M GPU not working after installing external GPU NVidia...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Nvidia Quadro M1000M GPU not working after installing external GPU NVidia...: I have a Lenovo P50 laptop with an internal Quadro m1000m GPU. I installed recently an external NVidia GeForce RTX 3060 GPU thunderbolt attached, and the internal Quadro m1000m GPU gets a Code 31 in device manager. The NVidia GeForce RTX 3060 GPU driver does not list Quadro...
  3. Windows 10 Nvidia Quadro M1000M GPU not working after installing external GPU NVidia...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Nvidia Quadro M1000M GPU not working after installing external GPU NVidia...: I have a Lenovo P50 laptop with an internal Quadro m1000m GPU. I installed recently an external NVidia GeForce RTX 3060 GPU thunderbolt attached, and the internal Quadro m1000m GPU gets a Code 31 in device manager. The NVidia GeForce RTX 3060 GPU driver does not list Quadro...
  4. Windows 10 Nvidia Quadro M1000M GPU not working after installing external GPU NVidia...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. NVIDIA Quadro P1000: not working anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA Quadro P1000: not working anymore: Recently, my graphic card seems to not work anymore. There is a warning icon on it in the devices manager, and if I try to update the driver or reinstall the card, I got the blue screen of windows failure.I still have graphics through my processor, but of course limited...I...
  6. NVIDIA Quadro P1000: not working anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVIDIA Quadro P1000: not working anymore: Recently, my graphic card seems to not work anymore. There is a warning icon on it in the devices manager, and if I try to update the driver or reinstall the card, I got the blue screen of windows failure.I still have graphics through my processor, but of course limited...I...
  7. NVIDIA Quadro K4200 Optix Error

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    NVIDIA Quadro K4200 Optix Error: Hi, When I launch RenderMan in Maya, I am getting this error: Denoiser failed: [ERROR] Optix ERROR creating RTX context I know this card is well dated now and it did work with denoising before. But now, I am not even trying to use the denoiser and it is giving this error...
  8. nvidia quadro m4000 driver not compatible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    nvidia quadro m4000 driver not compatible: The installer says that it is not compatible with this version of Windows 10 pro. any ideas? Windows 10 ver 1909 [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. nvidia quadro p1000 installed Windows 10 black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    nvidia quadro p1000 installed Windows 10 black screen: i build in new pc i7 8700k Msi B360 a Pro motherboard nvidia quadro p1000 GPU samsung 970 evo ram corsair vengeance 4gb ddr4 2666mhz i installed os then installed p1000 gpu not coming display...
  10. NVIDIA Quadro AA Modes

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    NVIDIA Quadro AA Modes: Hello all, I was looking through the different AA modes for the quadro card in my Precision laptop. I have a limited understanding of how AA actually works. What has me curious is for example with the GTX 670 in my desktop has different labeled modes than the ones for the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. quadro p600 no audio

2. quatro k600 sound through dvi