Windows 10: Audio noise issues after clean install of Windows 10

Discus and support Audio noise issues after clean install of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was using Open Broadcaster Software to live stream, and since my mic has always had issues with noise (cheap mic on headset), I decided to try out a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Toasted Baby, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Audio noise issues after clean install of Windows 10

I was using Open Broadcaster Software to live stream, and since my mic has always had issues with noise (cheap mic on headset), I decided to try out a plugin for OBS called Microphone DSP, which claimed it would remove noise in real time and had auto-gain features. It worked, but distorted audio horribly, so I uninstalled the plugin, but what it does remained on my computer. Even with the plugin gone and two clean installs of Windows 10, I'm still having audio issues. Audio quality is back to where it was pre-plugin, but it has noise removal in everything now with random, loud noise spikes, and auto gain. Is it possible that the plugin changed something in the core Windows files that could cause this, and the files wouldn't be wiped during a clean Windows install? It happens on both the front and rear mic ports, as well as the mic port on the DAC that came with my motherboard. I'm planning on getting an XLR mic soon, and would like these audio issues gone since I won't have to deal with noise on the new mic, nor do I need auto-gain or random noise spikes. (Note: I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for my DAC and on-board audio about 5 times each, with no changes.)

:)

Toasted Baby, Aug 27, 2016
  2. johnm328 Win User

no audio after clean install of Win 10.

Hi, many thanks for your reply,I did go back to Dell and found the recommended driver R99254 which was actually the Sigmatel - STAC 975X AC97, Anyway it worked and I`ve now got audio back .Many thanks to all concerned!

However, I thought i`d chance my luck and downloaded the recommended video drivers to get rid of the video warning in device managerIntel Graphics Video, v.6.14.10.4609, A08 R128346

After installing i get two identical entries in device manager under Display adapters> mobile intel (R) 915GM/GMS,91OGMLN Express Chipset families.both of these entries have the warning triangle .In properties>general it says Windows cannot initialise
    the device driver for this hardware (Code 37).

Now as I said originally there was a warning triangle against "video Controller" in device manager. But now I cant find "video controller" in device manager since i installed the audio drvers?

I dont really know what in video is controlling what, My screen is working ok and the only thing i can find is that if I try to play a dvd it wont and asks what to do with it.

johnm328, Aug 27, 2016
  3. johnm328 Win User
    no audio after clean install of Win 10.

Tried AVC Device from list of device drivers (windows cencountered a problem installing the drivers for you device,windows found drivers for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install AVC device, this device cannot start (code 10)

johnm328, Aug 27, 2016
  4. Audio noise issues after clean install of Windows 10

If you are going analog in or out to your mixer or amplified device or PC get a ~ $30.00 -$39.00 ASUS Xonar DGX PCIe Sound Card or a Xonar DX PCie or instead a *maybe quieter USB Scarlett Solo or Scarlett 212 interface /mike preamp if you have adequate gain in your playback or broadcast chain ......they are all miles better than the Realtec stuff on the main boards that are only good for much of nothing outside of S/PDIF 5.1/7.1 IMO .

I just put the inexpensive ASUS Xonar DGX PCIe Sound Card and windows 10 drivers for it out of my flamed out daily grinder into the brand new PC in my spec and it makes the HP /Realtec DSP DAC B&O EQ thing sound like a tin speaker or cheap ear buds by comparison out to my Schitt Audio headphone amp or amplified 5.1 .

The Asus DGX has a - 105dB noise floor more than adequate for anything you can hear ,play or broadcast anyway the C Media DAC and audio gain in there ain't bad at all and if its noisy in a PC some folks may need a quieter switching PSU the OEM PSU's and cheaper aftermarket PC could be a lot better noise wise .

I never heard of an absent VST loading on a clean install , who knows but your distortion with any VST or EQ DSP effect likely came from compression and the increased loudness from that was just masking more noise from a much higher noise floor anyway we call that squashing the mix on a uniform loudness CD or mp3 mix ? *chuckle

FWIW anthing beyond a low pass or high pass analog filter removing noise is tricky in the digital realm because it is using compression and more and raising the noise floor and possibly introducing audible digital artifacts below the lower nyquist rate at 16/44 or more and maybe CPU latencies that can degrade the audio it's a hard thing to balance all that in software to a limited digital bandwidth format (they are all limited btw ) sometimes with software costing more than your PC or my PC combined even for a mixing engineer in a DAW and using $$$$ professional VST emulators in a stout Core i7 PC like we both have (not this new daily web grinder or windows test mule above ) it's called noise shaping and mixing if you arent being lazy and auto tuning and at 16 bits you ain't doing all that very well if at all anyway .

Maybe get a decent not expensive Sure XLR broadcast mike or ~$400.00 Sennheiser or Sony professional and all day wearable broadcast headset /mike and an USB interface /mike preamp for any of that like a Scarlett Solo or Scarlett 2 . *really

FWIW you can record and or mix all that Pod-casting and more in Pro Tools basic for maybe $199.00 with an Avid USB Interface and drivers that's more like a Scarlett Solo or 2 than not anyway I think thats basically what it is I've configured some of those and Pro tools in some Windows PC 's for local rappers and other talent they are decently clean but the gain is on the low side IMO but usable and within standard Vrms spec .

We have some vocal mixes that came to us like that on Basic Pro Tools that we chopped and overlaid the music and beat to (some out of our catalog or custom work or collaborations ) ultimately after the mixing production chain on media specific CD and Mp3 mixes ,downloads or club mixes and all the major streaming services and iTunes *Cool

electronuser, Aug 27, 2016
  5. I fixed the problem by uninstalling the mic from the Device Manager, uninstalling the drivers, cleaning out the old files, and then reinstalling everything. Easy fix that I should have thought of when it started. :/

But I was planning on getting a Scarlett Solo with either an AT-2020 mic or an AT-BPHS1 if I decide to get headphones and then just running the output through the SupremeFX DAC since it's phenomenal, and running the mic through the Scarlett. I just really want to get rid of all noise on audio recordings and get the highest quality possible, and that's not gonna happen with a regular mic. I also don't want to use the mic in on the DAC since there's no gain control for some reason, so hopefully with the XLR mic and Scarlett setup I won't have any more noise issues, and at least have some gain control that I don't have with my DAC.

Toasted Baby, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Audio noise issues after clean install of Windows 10

1. Audio noise issues after clean install of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Audio noise issues

2. PC constantly making 'churning' noise after clean Windows install.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC constantly making 'churning' noise after clean Windows install.: Hello, Today I did a completely fresh windows install, and now my computer is making a mechanical 'churning' noise- it's the noise that all PCs make when doing a particularly intensive task like downloading files etc, but now it is happening for a second or two if I open a...
  3. Audio issue after Windows 10 installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio issue after Windows 10 installed: The sound is too quiet after installing Windows 10. What is the fix? Thank you in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-issue-after-windows-10-installed/3f870e1f-e017-4a00-96e9-de7f8ca4bfff
  4. Clean Windows 10 install issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean Windows 10 install issues: Hello all, I just finished my first PC build: https://newegg.io/056075b As a professional software engineer, I thought for sure that installing the operating system would be the easiest part of the build for me. However, I have spent nearly 20 unbelievably frustrating hours...
  5. Issue after clean installing windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue after clean installing windows 10: Last night I cleaned install my laptop. I downloaded the windows media creation tool and created an ISO file for windows 10. I then installed it on my laptop, everything worked smoothly. But when I open my laptop, there are multiples issues that I encountered. First, my...
  6. After a clean install of Windows 10, no audio on system

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After a clean install of Windows 10, no audio on system: After a clean install of Windows 10 on a new hard drive, everything is back up except the sound. I have no audio on the system, my speakers are working, I tested them on my phone. I ran the Troubleshooting on the device; results were "No speakers, headset or headphones are...
  7. Continued issues after clean installing Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continued issues after clean installing Windows: I've had issue with my computer completely freezing after an update 4-6 weeks ago. I can work on it fine for a while then it will randomly freeze or just completely turn off. Sometimes when I plug in a USB device it will freeze as well, but mostly it is very random. I bought...
  8. Issues NOT booting after a clean Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues NOT booting after a clean Windows 10 install: Hi, My system lost it's functionality, hanging in different applications etc. So I decided to 'reset' this failed twice, once with keep files and once with remove everything. As I could still use the system I downloaded the MCT and created on a USB, so far no issues. Boot...
  9. Compaq Cq5110Y no audio after Windows 10 clean install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Compaq Cq5110Y no audio after Windows 10 clean install: The desktop originally had Vista on it then I installed Windows 7 Home Premium and tried to update to Windows 10 but ran into some issues with updates. So I just did a clean install and everything is working flawlessly except for the sound and after a few updates it says its...
  10. A lot of issues after a clean install

in Windows 10 Support
    A lot of issues after a clean install: Hey guys, I did a clean install of 10240 this weekend and at first I had a problem: It was only seeing 9.97GB of RAM out of 12 but I can live with that. But now some programs take over 10 minutes to start and the file explorer stops working when I try to left click on...