Windows 10: Audio not coming through properly

Discus and support Audio not coming through properly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For some reason, all the listening devices I'm plugging in are severely reducing certain sounds. When I listen to a YouTube video, the voices are quiet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Majestic_Sparrowhawk, May 8, 2020.

1. Audio not coming through properly

For some reason, all the listening devices I'm plugging in are severely reducing certain sounds. When I listen to a YouTube video, the voices are quiet as a whisper, and when I listen to a song, I only hear the harmonies and some of the instrumentals, with the other sounds sounding really distant. I've tried messing around with the settings, but I'm not very proficient. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/Majestic_Sparrowhawk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Majestic_Sparrowhawk, May 8, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, May 8, 2020
  3. xBruce88x Win User
    WinTV-1800 Pass through Audio?

let me look up that model of the card and see what i can find out.

edit: their site really sux... no real information about the hardware. If I found the right one, your's has two RCA connectors near the bottom of the card. I'm guessing this is the Line-In feature for this card.

this is the best I can think of... (assuming windows 7 properly detects the hardware's line in)

Step One: Plug in the audio from the PS3 to the RCA on the tuner
    Step Two: Right click the speaker icon near the clock on the start menu and select "Recording Devices"
    Step Three: Look for anything listed that relates to your TV tuner's Line-In, make sure it is enabled. When it says its "Ready" right click on it and select "Properties"
    Step Four: Click the "Listen" tab
    Step Five: place a check in "Listen to this device" and in the dropdown menu under that select your speakers for the playback.
    Step six: Play a game and test the audio... If its working Enjoy!
    Optional step... go back to step three, when the properties box comes up click the "Levels" tab. Here you can adjust the input volume of the device

Hope this helps, and that it lets you do so

edit: should you decide to get an adapter for the rca, these steps are pretty much the same for the line in on your sound card.

xBruce88x, May 8, 2020
  4. Audio not coming through properly

Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Audio not coming through properly

1. Audio not coming through properly - Similar Threads - Audio coming through

2. Audio not coming through headphones on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio not coming through headphones on Windows 10: Windows 10/Realtek seems to recognize that headphones are connected if I connect them while the laptop on. But keeps using laptop speakers for audio after the "Which audio device did you connect to the audio jack" or whatever pop-up. If I restart with the headphones...
  3. Audio not coming through headphones on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio not coming through headphones on Windows 10: Windows 10/Realtek seems to recognize that headphones are connected if I connect them while the laptop on. But keeps using laptop speakers for audio after the "Which audio device did you connect to the audio jack" or whatever pop-up. If I restart with the headphones...
  4. Audio not coming through headphones on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC audio coming through mic

PC audio coming through mic: everytime i talk to my friends in all contact platforms they always tell me that they can hear my pc audio any ideas on how to fix it ive tried setting my pc volume to the lowest volume i can handle and also my mic boost...
  6. All system audio coming through mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All system audio coming through mic: Whenever I use the mic on my headset, it picks up all of my system audio, even if I unplg my mic from my headset. The headset itself uses a three-band 3.5 mm connector, which is split into the green and red 3.5 mm ports. What should I do to fix this? submitted by...
  7. Desktop audio coming through my microphone.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop audio coming through my microphone.: Hello there, My desktop audio keeps playing through my microphone when I'm in a call on Discord or Skype. It even does so when I'm not sharing my screen. How do I prevent this from happening?. I found some tutorials online, but that didn't work out well. When I right-click...
  8. Desktop audio coming through on the mic?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop audio coming through on the mic?: I've had this issue for quite a while now, whenever there's audio coming from the computer and I'm using a mic talking to someone, they mention that they can hear stuff from my pc. I'm using headphones with a mic built into it. I tested that it's not just the sound from the...
  9. Audio coming through on only one channel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio coming through on only one channel: Hello - trying to edit a video but the sound is only coming out from one channel and we need a 2 channel situation. Can anyone help? Thanks. -Carol...
  10. Audio- No audio coming through earphones

Audio- No audio coming through earphones: I have recently built a PC and have installed the Realtek audio driver, but when I plug in earphones no audio comes out. I have checked the "disable front panel jack detection" box yet they still don't work. The earphones are detected in the sound control panel and are set...