Windows 10: Audio not detected or "no audio output device installed" problem

Discus and support Audio not detected or "no audio output device installed" problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello, I am having a problem with my windows 10 PC. I've recently installed the windows 10 version 20H2 and all of a sudden it says that no audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Michael Lu_, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Audio not detected or "no audio output device installed" problem

hello, I am having a problem with my windows 10 PC. I've recently installed the windows 10 version 20H2 and all of a sudden it says that no audio devices are installed. I've tried uninstalling feature updates and quality updates but nothing seems to work. Even my monitor doesn't get detected. I've tried all those device manager stuff about "uninstalling the device then rebooting" and "updating drivers", as well as "getting the audio drivers from the manufacturer's website" and even using another pair of headsets. I hope you can respond as I have an online school for my child using the same PC.

:)

Michael Lu_, Dec 11, 2020

2. No Audio Output Device is installed

Hi JacquelineL1

I am Wilfredo an Independent advisor And I'm here to help you!!

How you doing today?

Run Windows 10 Audio Troubleshooter

To fix the “No Audio Output Device is installed” error in Windows 10, you could also run the built-in Windows Audio Troubleshooter. To access the troubleshooter, here’s what you need to do.

Step 1. Open the search box

Step 2. Type Troubleshooter in the search box and then press Enter

Step 3. Click View all

Step 4. Select Playing audio

Step 5. Follow the instructions to complete the audio troubleshooting process

Note: The Audio Troubleshooter will detect the audio issues. When the search is finished, the audio issues will display.

I hope it helps you, have a nice day!!!

Wilfredo_Soto, Dec 11, 2020
  3. netter Win User
    No audio output device

Hello!
    I have a common problem: my Windows 10 has No Audio Output Device.
    System configuration:
    • Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN (laptop)
    • Windows 10 Pro, version 1909, build 18363.535;
    • Current updates;
    Device manager shows these audio devices:
    • High Definition Audio Device (driver version 10.0.18362.356)
    • Intel Display Audio (10.27.0.6)
    • ASUS Xonar U3 (10.0.8.2164)
    i.e. the problem persists even with an external (USB) audio device, recognized by the system.

I performed a sanity check on this issue. Sound works when I boot into Ubuntu live. Therefore, it is not a hardware problem, and is indeed a Windows problem.

Solutions that have not worked so far:
    1. Audio troubleshooter (issues found: check audio device, nothing else)
    2. Rolling back drivers
    3. Uninstalling audio devices
    4. Uninstalling any audio-related devices, incl. the likes of bluetooth speakers
    5. Updating audio drivers (from both built-in drivers and from manufacturer's site)
    6. Installing a generic audio device (installing a generic USB audio device does not succeed, and installing a generic Realtek device resulted in a BSOD)

Do you have any ideas for fixing this?

netter, Dec 11, 2020
  4. AndrewCh. Win User

Audio not detected or "no audio output device installed" problem

No audio output device is installed

Hello!

I have a common problem: my Windows 10 has No Audio Output Device.

System configuration:

• Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN (laptop)
    • Windows 10 Pro 1909 build 18363.535;
    • Current updates;

Device manager shows these audio devices:

• High Definition Audio Device (driver version 10.0.18362.356)
    • Intel Display Audio (10.27.0.6)
    • ASUS Xonar U3 (10.0.8.2164)
    i.e. the problem persists even with an external (USB) audio device, recognized by the system.

Solutions that have not worked so far:

1. Audio troubleshooter (issues found: check audio device, nothing else)
    2. Rolling back drivers
    3. Uninstalling audio devices
    4. Uninstalling any audio-related devices, incl. the likes of bluetooth speakers
    5. Updating audio drivers (from both built-in drivers and from manufacturer's site)
    6. Installing a generic audio device (installing a generic USB audio device does not proceed at all, and installing a generic Realtek device causes a BSOD)
    Do you have any ideas for fixing this?

UPDATE (01.01.2020):

I performed a sanity check on this issue. Sound works when I boot into Ubuntu live. Therefore, it is not a hardware problem, but a confirmed Windows problem.

AndrewCh., Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

Audio not detected or "no audio output device installed" problem

1. Audio not detected or "no audio output device installed" problem - Similar Threads - Audio detected audio

2. No audio output device is installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio output device is installed: Hi,Laptop: Medion P6645 / Windows 10I turned my laptop on this morning and there is a red cross next to my speaker icon.It says speaker setup unknown and in output and input devices there are no options to select.In device manager sound is hidden, unhiding it I then...
  3. No Audio Output Devices in installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Audio Output Devices in installed: I know this has been widely discussed and Carlo TJ Independent Advisor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/profile/29478bd8-e990-4de7-b01b-862427c4f74b , Replied on July 1, 2021 on No Audio Output device is installed - Windows 10 - Microsoft Community.The problem is the...
  4. No Audio Output Device is installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Audio Output Device is installed: Been having this problem for about a week now, Have tried pretty much everything from doing stuff in device manager to system recovery. Nothing works and I can't do a windows reset cause others use the computer, Windows 10 version 2004...
  5. No audio output/input device detected

No audio output/input device detected: I've been suing these headphones with my computer for over a month with no problems, but then I installed AMD video driver and suddenly my computer started saying there were no audio devices plugged in. I went to troubleshoot my audio in the Realtek device manager but it had...
  6. Audio output device problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Audio output device problem: I have my audio output device on my HP laptop set to a Bluetooth wireless device. Every time I boot from shutdown or on restart the computer, the output resets to the computer's audio device. I have to reset it in Bluetooth and other device settings. How can I stop this? Is...
  7. No Audio Output Device is Installed

No Audio Output Device is Installed: So, I know that this is really late, but didn't install the latest update until yesterday just because I was too lazy to deal with it. My problem is pretty much the same as everyone else; my audio just doesn't work and when I hover my cursor over the speaker icon in the...
  8. No audio output device is installed

No audio output device is installed: I bought a new headset, plugged it in, sound works great. Of course, when ever i'm using a computer something has to fail. And this something was the microphone. Microphone works fine on other devices. It appeared that the mic was not plugged in(yes, I did plug it in). After...
  9. No Audio Output Device is installed

No Audio Output Device is installed: Hi, Yesterday my sound was working fine, I walked away from my notebook for 15 minutes and came back and the sound icon had a red X against it. The error message when I hover over it is 'No Audio Output Device is installed'. In Device Manager the error message for...
  10. No Audio Output Device is installed

No Audio Output Device is installed: Hi. Long time ago, I play with upgrading HDD to SSD, GRUB and some other stuff and I failed and messed my computer up. Now my desktop is still using HDD and does not produce any sound. I tried to fix this problem by Googling "No Audio output device is installed" but I...