Windows 10: Audio not heard

Discus and support Audio not heard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; having a problem hearing sound from my PC speakers whem playing youtube videos etc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MichaelHurley5, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Audio not heard

having a problem hearing sound from my PC speakers whem playing youtube videos etc

:)

MichaelHurley5, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Audio not heard

AUDIO SERVICE NOT WORKING.

Hi,

In that case, I suggest you follow below.

Step 1:

In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, then select it from the results.

Step 2:

Select the arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand it.

Step 3:

Look for IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. If it's listed, right-click it and select Update Driver, then select Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Step 4:

You’ll see a list of pre-installed drivers. Select High Definition Audio Device, and then select Next.

Step 5:

Restart PC

Let me know the results after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Audio not heard

1. Audio not heard - Similar Threads - Audio heard

2. Precision 5570 - Audio through HDMI is being cut or not heard for short notification sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Precision 5570 - Audio through HDMI is being cut or not heard for short notification sounds: Hello,I got a Dell Precision 5570 laptop with latest Windows 11 updates, latest Intel, Nvidia graphics card drivers and Realtek audio driver installed that I got from Dell website this is a relatively new...
  3. Precision 5570 - Audio through HDMI is being cut or not heard for short notification sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Precision 5570 - Audio through HDMI is being cut or not heard for short notification sounds: Hello,I got a Dell Precision 5570 laptop with latest Windows 11 updates, latest Intel, Nvidia graphics card drivers and Realtek audio driver installed that I got from Dell website this is a relatively new...
  4. Audio unable to play externally but can be heard through headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio unable to play externally but can be heard through headphones: Hi,I am using Windows 10 and I have encounter a problem in which the audio only plays when I use headphones. I have tried all the methods that I can find in this site and other websites but they are not working in my case. The only possible reason that I could find is that my...
  5. Audio unable to play externally but can be heard through headphones

Audio unable to play externally but can be heard through headphones: Hi,I am using Windows 10 and I have encounter a problem in which the audio only plays when I use headphones. I have tried all the methods that I can find in this site and other websites but they are not working in my case. The only possible reason that I could find is that my...
  6. Audio unable to play externally but can be heard through headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Static Audio heard on laptop speaker/headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Static Audio heard on laptop speaker/headphones: Hello, and hope everyone is having a nice day so far! Anyways, I need help. This issue started yesterday. When I plug in to hear music, in a few minutes, I start hearing static sound that is interfering with the music I’m listening to. I tried disabling, reinstalling, and...
  8. Static Audio heard on laptop speaker/headphones

Static Audio heard on laptop speaker/headphones: Hello, and hope everyone is having a nice day so far! Anyways, I need help. This issue started yesterday. When I plug in to hear music, in a few minutes, I start hearing static sound that is interfering with the music I’m listening to. I tried disabling, reinstalling, and...
  9. Device Audio can be heard through mic.

Device Audio can be heard through mic.: I am able to hear the device audio Slightly Muffled through the mic, I tried 2 different earphones and both had the same problem so I dont think its related to them, when I turned off the output device in Sound control Panel the problem stopped, what can be the fix for the...
  10. Microphone audio is so quiet to where I can barely be heard

Microphone audio is so quiet to where I can barely be heard: Description of Issue:My microphone audio is so quiet to where I can barely be heard. The audio is indeed being detected, however even with my settings configured to maximise input volume, the audio is still unimaginably quiet.Troubleshooting Methods:Adjusted the volume/levels...