Windows 10: Audio Not Playing

Discus and support Audio Not Playing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Very recently my computer's audio has stopped working. My headset has a separate microphone and headphone plugin. I use a combiner to put both of them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Purple Fire 28, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Audio Not Playing

Very recently my computer's audio has stopped working.
    My headset has a separate microphone and headphone plugin. I use a combiner to put both of them into the computer at once.
    Anyway, I cannot hear audio through my headphones, whether I use the combiner or not. I have tried to hear audio of various applications (browsers, Groove music, video games, etc.) and none work.The audio comes out through the computer speakers normally.
    I have already restarted my computer and this did not fix the problem.
    Does anyone have any suggestions/fixes?

:)

Purple Fire 28, Mar 4, 2016
  2. Gyan GP Win User

My headset doesn't give sounds, only my mic that comes with the headset

Do you mean Recording audio instead of Play Audio? Because i don't see any Play audio

Gyan GP, Mar 4, 2016
  3. Audio playing only in stereo, not 5.1 audio

Good evening,

I'm having issues getting my 5.1 audio to play in full 5.1 instead of just stereo. At first, I thought it was the onboard RealTek audio device, but I have since purchased an additional PCIe 5.1 audio card and the symptom is the same.

After plugging in the speakers (green for front left/right, black for back left/right and orange for front/sub) and double-checking the drivers, I use the audio configuration wizard to set my speaker setup to 5.1, when it tests the speakers, all sounds (front
    L/R, back L/R, sub and front) come out of just the left/right speakers.

If I plug the orange input into the green jack on the soundcard, audio comes through the front/sub. If I plug black into the green jack, audio comes through rear left/right. But if I have the inputs into their correct jacks, Windows doesn't seem to be
    sending output to the other jacks.

As I said, at first I thought it was the card itself, so I got a new card, and got the same symptoms. Then I thought that, perhaps, the video card (that includes HDMI out for both video and audio) was interfering, so I swapped out a different video card,
    and the symptom persists.

I searched through the forums, and those whose issues looked similar, the suggested solution didn't work, or their issue was different from mine.

I don't think this is an audio source issue, because the Windows audio configuration test fails to output to the other speakers as well. I have attempted to download 5.1 audio samples, and it's the same with those, too.

Hoping there's someone who can assist.

JacobHeubner, Mar 4, 2016
Thema:

Audio Not Playing

1. Audio Not Playing - Similar Threads - Audio Playing

2. Windows 10 forcefully disconnects my bluetooth audio device when playing a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 forcefully disconnects my bluetooth audio device when playing a game.: The issue is as mentioned in the title. I have no problems with bluetooth audio playback on headsets or soundbars while browsing or working, yet when I open a game, the device disconnects completely within a few seconds. This is not limited to any single bluetooth audio...
  3. Windows 10 forcefully disconnects my bluetooth audio device when playing a game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 forcefully disconnects my bluetooth audio device when playing a game.: The issue is as mentioned in the title. I have no problems with bluetooth audio playback on headsets or soundbars while browsing or working, yet when I open a game, the device disconnects completely within a few seconds. This is not limited to any single bluetooth audio...
  4. how do i stop this sign from appearing when playing audio in the background?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i stop this sign from appearing when playing audio in the background?: there's this sign popping up in the top left of my screen showing what im listening in the background at all times. before, it disappeared after a few seconds, but now i can't get it to go away even after several minutes of having it play on the background. how do i turn it...
  5. how do i stop this sign from appearing when playing audio in the background?

how do i stop this sign from appearing when playing audio in the background?: there's this sign popping up in the top left of my screen showing what im listening in the background at all times. before, it disappeared after a few seconds, but now i can't get it to go away even after several minutes of having it play on the background. how do i turn it...
  6. Having an issue with awful audio stuttering and entire system crashing while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having an issue with awful audio stuttering and entire system crashing while playing games: Hello!I am currently having a very annoying issue where my entire computer stutters and then crashes upon loading high-intensity games such as Cyberpunk or Fortnite. I have no clue what has caused this issue, but I can rule out there being a RAM issue as I ran the memory...
  7. Having an issue with awful audio stuttering and entire system crashing while playing games

Having an issue with awful audio stuttering and entire system crashing while playing games: Hello!I am currently having a very annoying issue where my entire computer stutters and then crashes upon loading high-intensity games such as Cyberpunk or Fortnite. I have no clue what has caused this issue, but I can rule out there being a RAM issue as I ran the memory...
  8. How do I play wma audio file with drm?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I play wma audio file with drm?: I have tons of files I ripped years ago from my CDs before they were stolen from me. I also have some backup files for the DRMs How can I either get around the DRM blocking the use of these files and or restore the backed up DRM licenses in Windows 10?...
  9. How do I play wma audio file with drm?

How do I play wma audio file with drm?: I have tons of files I ripped years ago from my CDs before they were stolen from me. I also have some backup files for the DRMs How can I either get around the DRM blocking the use of these files and or restore the backed up DRM licenses in Windows 10?...
  10. Audio on my computer plays at full volume no matter what it is set to.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio on my computer plays at full volume no matter what it is set to.: I cannot find a driver that fixes the problem. I've turned off the audio effects in sound properties and restarted the computer and still does the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated....