Windows 10: Audio not switching between speakers and headphones after case swap

Discus and support Audio not switching between speakers and headphones after case swap in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Got my self a new computer case yesterday and plugged in my old components and everything went fine. But now when im switching between my speakers and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jappadehutt, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Audio not switching between speakers and headphones after case swap

Got my self a new computer case yesterday and plugged in my old components and everything went fine.

But now when im switching between my speakers and headphones the audio stays on just my headphones until i open a new program then it plays on my speakers and vice versa.

How can i fix this?

submitted by /u/jappadehutt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jappadehutt, Jan 7, 2021
  2. Mala_S Win User

Move audio to one side for speakers but not headphones

Hello J1mmyth3F1sh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is your headphones getting detected in the Playback settings?
    • Are you trying to play the audio on both Speakers and Headphones at the same time?

Ideally, if you have configured Sound settings to play on your left speakers, the same goes with the headphones. The sound starts playing only on the left side of your headphones according to the settings changed.

Meanwhile, we can try configuring the headphones and change the balance level in the sound settings and see if it works. Kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it helps.

Method : Run audio test for your headphones.

• Open Control Panel from the Start menu and click on
      Sound.
    • In the Sound window, click on your
      Headphones and select Configure option at the bottom left.
    • By running the test, check if both sides of your headphones are working fine.

If that doesn’t help, I would suggest you to check with the audio balance by following the steps listed below:

• Open Sound settings from
      Control Panel,
      and right click on the Headphones to open its
      Properties.
    • Click on Levels tab and select
      Balance
      button. In the Balance window, you can use the slider to balance both left and right headphones equally.

However, I commend and appreciate you for recognizing this behavior. This is a valuable suggestion as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I suggest you to leave a
    Feedback for this product so
    that our developer team can look into this and check if it can be implemented in the future updates.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Timobkg Win User

Audio not switching between speakers and headphones after case swap

Realtek HD Audio not switching to Headphone settings

My case, Antec P280, has an HD Audio front panel, and the motherboard is configured for HD Audio.

It still detects when I plug headphones in, and I get the Realtek popup asking me to confirm that I plugged headphones in and whether to use the Auto, IEM, or Full Size headphone setting. But then it stays on 5.1 Speakers in the Realtek HD Audio Manager, and in the Windows device settings.

If I plug headphones in via the front, the Realtek Audio Manager detects the headphones and mutes the rear jacks, but stays on 5.1 Speaker setting. Clicking on the pictures of the 5.1 speakers causes every speaker except the sub to play via the headphones.

If I plug the headphones in the back, in place of my front speakers, and click on the output jack to switch it to Headphones within the Realtek Audio Manager, it still stays on 5.1 Speaker setting and only the front speakers play via headphones.

It used to work fine, and I haven't made any hardware changes in the last few weeks.

Could it be that the recent drivers have disabled the separate Headphone setting entirely, and it's now always whatever Speaker setting you specify?

Timobkg, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Audio not switching between speakers and headphones after case swap

1. Audio not switching between speakers and headphones after case swap - Similar Threads - Audio switching between

2. Cant switch between speakers and headphones without unplugging the headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant switch between speakers and headphones without unplugging the headphones: I cant find my speakers on the output devices, although when i plug out my headphones, they are automatically connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-switch-between-speakers-and-headphones/e25db9b7-8303-42db-af28-0b2907bbafcc
  3. Cant switch between speakers and headphones without unplugging the headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant switch between speakers and headphones without unplugging the headphones: I cant find my speakers on the output devices, although when i plug out my headphones, they are automatically connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-switch-between-speakers-and-headphones/e25db9b7-8303-42db-af28-0b2907bbafcc
  4. Cant switch between speakers and headphones without unplugging the headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can no longer switch between speakers and headphones

Can no longer switch between speakers and headphones: Hi!So I have a windows 10 PC and have a pretty basic speaker set up creative pebble 2.0 and headphones plugged in razer kraken x.My speakers are connected to the usb and output jack in the back of my PC, my headphones are connected to the output jack on the front of my PC so...
  6. Switching between Headphones and Speakers. Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching between Headphones and Speakers. Help: Hey guys, im using speakers most of the time but switch to my headset when i want to talk to someone (DUH). I have my speakers plugged into the back of my pc and my headphones in the front/top in the specific headset port, now my problem is, that i always have to plug or...
  7. High Definition Audio - Speakers and Headphones not working after GPU swap

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High Definition Audio - Speakers and Headphones not working after GPU swap: My PC always ran smoothly and without any issues since i built it. I was running a Ryzen 7 2700 with a B450 Tomahawk (Msi) and an RX 580. In a couple of days I swapped first to an old NVidia GTX 770 and then came back to AMD with an RX 470. Both times I removed all GPU...
  8. Audio doesn't automatically switch between headphones and laptop speaker output

Audio doesn't automatically switch between headphones and laptop speaker output: Not sure when or why this happened, but my Surface Laptop running Windows 10 no longer automatically switches between audio output sources headphones and built-in Surface Laptop speakers. If I have sound playing and no headphones plugged in, the sound will continue to play...
  9. Win10 won't switch automatically between speakers and headphones

Win10 won't switch automatically between speakers and headphones: After a forced upgrade by Windows 10 *Mad which I tried for months to avoid, windows updater has succeeded to snick-in and install without my consent a new Win10 version. As expected the system has been destabilized and the damages until now are: - When I plug in and out the...
  10. VIA HD Audio doesn't switch between speakers/headphones

VIA HD Audio doesn't switch between speakers/headphones: This is just a small problem, but pretty annoying one. I recently updated to Win 10, and the first thing I noticed was that the sound settings were weird. Both speakers and headphone sounds work perfectly fine, but they don't automatically switch when I plug/unplug the...