Windows 10: audio not working after installing gpu

Discus and support audio not working after installing gpu in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A little while ago, I upgraded my gpu to a gtx 1060 6gb from an amd r7 240. Ever since then I haven't had audio. I went into services and made the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dusky441, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Dusky441 Win User

audio not working after installing gpu

A little while ago, I upgraded my gpu to a gtx 1060 6gb from an amd r7 240. Ever since then I haven't had audio. I went into services and made the windows and the windows audio end point builder running and on automatic. I don't have the little red x one the audio symbol anymore, however, I still have no sound and the trouble shooter says audio services not responding. Pls help.

:)

Dusky441, Feb 2, 2019

2. Audio not working

Hi Mirdula,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed to fix the issue?

For now, I suggest that you refer to the article, Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    and check if the steps provided helps rectify the issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Can't install windows because of GPU

Hi,

You mentioned earlier that the Intel HD integrated graphics works perfectly. In that case, we suggest to remove your GPU from your laptop and use the integrated graphics card, then, perform a clean install. Follow the steps on the link provided by one of
    our Wiki Authors Andre Da Costa on How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10. Clean install will remove your GPU driver.

We look forward to your response.

Marvelos Reg, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

1. audio not working after installing gpu - Similar Threads - audio working installing

2. No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers: I updated my NVIDIA drivers, and now no audio output device is installed and i cant redownload geforce experience, i also tried installing realtek drivers which didnt work either, how do i fix this...
  3. No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers: I updated my NVIDIA drivers, and now no audio output device is installed and i cant redownload geforce experience, i also tried installing realtek drivers which didnt work either, how do i fix this...
  4. No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio not working after update installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio not working after update installation: Yesterday, my HP Victus laptop automatically downloaded two audio updates Realtek - Extension - 1.0.0.161 and Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - Extension - 6.0.9381.1. Ever since these updates were installed, the Realtek audio speaker in my computer is not working. My headphones...
  6. Audio not working after update installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio not working after update installation: Yesterday, my HP Victus laptop automatically downloaded two audio updates Realtek - Extension - 1.0.0.161 and Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - Extension - 6.0.9381.1. Ever since these updates were installed, the Realtek audio speaker in my computer is not working. My headphones...
  7. High Definition Audio - Speakers and Headphones not working after GPU swap

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High Definition Audio - Speakers and Headphones not working after GPU swap: My PC always ran smoothly and without any issues since i built it. I was running a Ryzen 7 2700 with a B450 Tomahawk (Msi) and an RX 580. In a couple of days I swapped first to an old NVidia GTX 770 and then came back to AMD with an RX 470. Both times I removed all GPU...
  8. audio no longer works after installation of KB4576945

audio no longer works after installation of KB4576945: Dear, After the installation of KB4576945 the audio doesn't work anymore on my computer. I got also an error "0x0000007E PowerMgr.exe could not find the module" at startup. I managed to solve the PowerMgr.exe error by re-installing the PowerMgr driver as adviced on the...
  9. Audio is not working after Windows re install

Audio is not working after Windows re install: Computer is a RCA Cambio W101SA23T1 It was reset and the Windows buttons did not pop the tiles up. I thought Windows had been wiped clean. Geek Squad re installed Windows 10 1809 RTM I think, (new it came with 1703). Went to RCA for the proper drivers but the audio driver...
  10. Network Adapter not working after installing new GPU

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Adapter not working after installing new GPU: I changed my GPU yesterday and then I reinstalled my Windows. I noticed I didn't have any connection even with the cable plugged. I used my phone for tethering and got the drivers, believing just that the drivers were not installed. Nothing changed. I chose to reinstall my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. audio not working after installing a second gpu