Windows 10: Audio Not Working after numerous fixes...

Discus and support Audio Not Working after numerous fixes... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I hope someone can help. Seemingly out of nowhere my audio simply ceased working. There are no devices available for output or input. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by J DeLappe, Apr 3, 2020.

1. J DeLappe Win User

Audio Not Working after numerous fixes...

Hi there,

I hope someone can help. Seemingly out of nowhere my audio simply ceased working. There are no devices available for output or input. The sound on the task bar is x'd out, clicking on it goes only to the troubleshooter, which accomplishes nothing. I've deinstalled and reinstalled drivers thru the device manager several times, gone back to previous drivers, basically seem to have tried just about everything I can find searching and on this forum. Nothing seems to work.

My system: Scan Gamer, Intel Core i5 8400 "Coffee Lake", 8GB DDR4, 6GB EVGA GTX 1060 SC, 240GB SSD, 1TB, Win 10

Thanks much!

joseph

:)

J DeLappe, Apr 3, 2020

2. Numerous audio devices - why?

Looks like you have audio drivers installed for your AMD card. If you don't use it, you should be able to just uninstall that aspect of AMD drivers. I don't use the Audio through my Nvidia card, so I just don't install that driver.

Or, just ignore them as you suggest.

neatfeatguy, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Audio not working

Hi Mirdula,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed to fix the issue?

For now, I suggest that you refer to the article, Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    and check if the steps provided helps rectify the issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Audio Not Working after numerous fixes...

numeric keypad stopped working with windows 10. how to fix?

Hi Feliciajefferson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you to resolve issue.

I need more information about this issue so that I can assist you better.

• What is the make and model of Numeric Key Pad?

• Do you get any error code or message while using Numeric Key Pad?

• What happen when you try to use Numeric Key Pad?
    I would suggest you to follow the below methods to fix issue.

Method 1. Try to run hardware and device troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps.

1. Press windows + X key then go to control panel.

2. Search for troubleshooting then click on hardware and device.

3. Under hardware and device click Configure a device.

4. Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2.Try to Update the drivers for your Numeric key pad and check if the same issue occurs.

Follow the steps.

a. Click on Start and type ‘Device Manager’.

b. Click Device Manager.

c. Click + sign next to Mouse and other pointing devices.

d. Right-click on your numeric keypad and select “Update”.

e. Restart your computer.

Drivers should get installed automatically after restarting the computer.

Method 3. If drivers are not compatible then I would suggest you to visit the laptop manufacturer website download and install the available drivers for your device in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps.

a. Right click on the driver setup file and select “Properties”.

b. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

c. Make a check mark next to Run this program in “Compatibility mode” and select previous version of Windows supported by the software, from the drop down list.

d. Then click on “Apply” and “Ok” option.

e. Then install the driver.

f. Then restart your computer and check how it works.

Visit the laptop manufacturer website download and install the latest numeric keypad drivers.

Hope this helps. If the issue still persists, let us know and will be happy to help.

Thank You.

Preeti Patel, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Audio Not Working after numerous fixes...

1. Audio Not Working after numerous fixes... - Similar Threads - Audio Working numerous

2. Numerical Pad doesn't work after Login not Mouse Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Numerical Pad doesn't work after Login not Mouse Keys: As said in the title, my number pad on the right of my laptop has stopped working properly ever since I reset it.Whenever I turn my laptop on and have to login using my PIN it works just fine, however once I am logged my Numpad just works as arrow keys no matter what I do.The...
  3. Numerical Pad doesn't work after Login not Mouse Keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Numerical Pad doesn't work after Login not Mouse Keys: As said in the title, my number pad on the right of my laptop has stopped working properly ever since I reset it.Whenever I turn my laptop on and have to login using my PIN it works just fine, however once I am logged my Numpad just works as arrow keys no matter what I do.The...
  4. Teredo not enabling or visible after numerous attempts of fixing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Teredo not enabling or visible after numerous attempts of fixing.: This has been a general problem for me for the past 6 or so months where I have been unable to connect to the Xbox Live multiplayer services at ALL. After trying to fix it back then I gave up and just played multiplayer on my Xbox for some time. Until today when my friend...
  5. After latest update numerous windows apps not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    After latest update numerous windows apps not working: After a windows update the following apps aren't working Microsoft Store Onenote for Windows 10 Photos And more that I don't really use Chrome and other apps that are not microsoft related still work....
  6. Numeric key doesn’t working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Numeric key doesn’t working: Numeric key 8 and 2 doesn’t Working in my laptop.please help me.how can i solve my problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/numeric-key-doesnt-working/650bcbeb-9db7-4184-9811-d5225b7d0037
  7. Decimal Point on Numeric Keypad Stopped Working- Any Fix?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Decimal Point on Numeric Keypad Stopped Working- Any Fix?: Hi My num keypad decimal point is not working all of a sudden. I have no Minitab installed. It just stopped working all of a sudden. I've tried to change the locale and some ease of access settings but no luck....
  8. Numeric keypad not working after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Numeric keypad not working after update: I bought a new ASUS RUFF game computer. All was working fine, until I did check for updates and install. Now my numeric keys on the right side of keyboard no longer work. HELP...
  9. numeric keypad isnt working

in Windows 10 Customization
    numeric keypad isnt working: I have tried to turn on my numeric keypad so I can use it for the numbers and not the mouse and it just isn't working what can I do to turn it on...
  10. Numerical keypad not working properly after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Numerical keypad not working properly after Windows 10 update: Hi, Who can help me? My operating system is Windows 10 home single language. During update of OS, the numerical keypad of my laptop did not function. You can still click the num lock key but the other keys did not function. Can somebody help me? Thank you. <Original...