Windows 10: Audio not working after recent windows 10 update (2019-04)

Discus and support Audio not working after recent windows 10 update (2019-04) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, Hope you can help as i'm not having any luck troubleshooting this myself. I turned on my PC today after Updating (2019-04) and shutting it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Igorrz, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Igorrz Win User

Audio not working after recent windows 10 update (2019-04)

Hi all,

Hope you can help as i'm not having any luck troubleshooting this myself.

I turned on my PC today after Updating (2019-04) and shutting it down last night.
    I noticed that my Audio device is no longer working.
    Check in device manager and i can see two exclamation marks for "high definition audio controller" and they both have errors stating;

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)
    Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API."

Screenshot:

Audio not working after recent windows 10 update (2019-04) a1789922-ad4a-4aab-9903-811f371a8044?upload=true.png

I have tried the following;

-Uninstall drivers in device manager, Shut down, unplug pc from power - turn on again : same issue
    -Manually uninstall/install Realtek HD drivers : Seems to change nothing
    -Ran SFC /scannow and chkdsk /f : no errors found
    -Checked windows audio service : running and set to automatic start

-Windows troubleshooter : can't find any issues other than "there might be a problem with your audio device" (no ****..)

-Checked windows updates for new drivers : i have the latest drivers

-Tried to remove the 2019-04 update : no change

info:

- new pc (i've literally had it for a week. fresh windows install)

- everything was working fine last night before i did an "update and shutdown"

what is going on here?

Regards

Igor

:)

Igorrz, Apr 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Apr 11, 2019
  3. londiste Win User
    Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

Windows 7 went out of mainstream support on Jan 15, 2015.
    Windows 8.1 went out of mainstream support on Jan 9, 2018.
    And I doubt anyone on Windows 8.1 would mind too much upgrading to Windows 10. I definitely would not *Big Grin Audio not working after recent windows 10 update (2019-04) :D

They are supporting only Windowses currently in mainstream support. For Windows 10, they seem to have moved the support model to the bi-annual updates being supported for 2 years and more recently 1.5 years.

Has it been said if Office 2019 will actually work on Windows 7/8.1? Supported and actually working can be different things. Kind of like the "on supported hardware" comment above.

londiste, Apr 11, 2019
  4. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Audio not working after recent windows 10 update (2019-04) - Similar Threads - Audio working recent

2. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio no longer working after most recent update: Hello, I recently about a week ago installed a windows update which I had been putting off for a bit and found that after full installation my audio was no longer working. Not thinking much of it I left it a few days hoping some magical fix would come, but unfortunately this...
  3. Audio Drivers fail to work after recent Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Drivers fail to work after recent Windows 10 updates: My computer updated about a week or two ago, I was unable to check my computer as I've been busy. I came back today to find out that I have no audio at all, my drivers are all there and when I troubleshoot, it says everything is running smoothly. Naturally, I tried to...
  4. Cannot print after windows 10 update on 10/04/2019??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot print after windows 10 update on 10/04/2019??: After installing the windows 10 update on 10/04/2019 any print button will not print. Computer goes back to start up menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-print-after-windows-10-update-on-10042019/ded8facf-5d22-4541-b5de-5a14799cc3ab
  5. Windows 10 update 10/04/2019

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 update 10/04/2019: Hi I have a question which I see was asked & answered, but back in 2013. On 10/4/19, there was a Windows 10 update which caused a significant reduction in usable disk space. In Disk Cleanup, System Files, there is a folder/category called "Windows System Update"...
  6. Audio not working after July 2019 Update

Audio not working after July 2019 Update: how do I get the audio back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-not-working-after-july-2019-update/ebf3584a-20f1-4350-b06a-9889628f64b6
  7. Windows audio not working after recent Windows update

Windows audio not working after recent Windows update: Hi there My PC ran a windows update two days ago and now my sound is not working. Please help! Thanks, Clayton https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-audio-not-working-after-recent-windows/b93422aa-eb23-4b4a-9759-06084ee8fb5c
  8. Audio stopped working after the recent Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio stopped working after the recent Windows 10 update: The audio on my Laptop was working fine before the update, but after the update it has stopped working and the speaker icon in the task bar has a red "x" on it, also if I put my cursor over it it says "the audio service is not running". I've tried using the audio...
  9. Windows update 04/07/2019 crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update 04/07/2019 crash: Oké I have a serious question to Microsoft, I was working on my dad's computer and then an update was installing, while the installation was working it said your files will be deleted and after that, it rebooted my dad's computer. Windows Update had deleted all the software...
  10. Windows audio not working after recent Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows audio not working after recent Windows update: Hi there My PC ran a windows update two days ago and now my sound is not working. If I run the toubleshooter, it does not fix this and says One or more audio service isn't running Fixed Both the Windows Audio and the Windows Audio End Point Builder services must be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no sound after windows update 2019

2. no audio after windows 10 update 2019

3. windows audio not working

4. Windows 1.0 Sound Not Working,
  5. windows 10 failed to play test tone realtek,
  6. no sound after windows 10 update 2019,
  7. Windows Update 2019 stopped audio devices from working,
  8. after update audio not working \,
  9. windows update no sound 2019,
  10. no sound after win10 update july 2019,
  11. no audio after windows 10 1803 update 2019,