Windows 10: audio not working after upgrade to windows 10

Discus and support audio not working after upgrade to windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; audio not working after upgrade to windows 10 and i am using HP ENVY 27 All in one desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RaymondToh, Feb 8, 2021.

1. audio not working after upgrade to windows 10

audio not working after upgrade to windows 10 and i am using HP ENVY 27 All in one desktop

:)

RaymondToh, Feb 8, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 8, 2021
  3. Rear audio jack not working after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing beats audio on your device after upgrading to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated audio drivers on your device.

Do let us know the make and model of your HP computer?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to update the audio drivers for your device.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X, select
      Device Manager
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      Speakers/ Headphones and click on Update driver software.

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrading to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

audio not working after upgrade to windows 10

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

audio not working after upgrade to windows 10

1. audio not working after upgrade to windows 10 - Similar Threads - audio working upgrade

2. Audio after upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio after upgrade: Just got the new "upgrade" and now everything all audio sounds like it's coming from the bottom of a tin can, how can I get my old audio settings back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-after-upgrade/5d6c1b0f-352d-4cdf-8b8f-7306dd69e1e7
  3. Audio After Win 10 Upgrade.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio After Win 10 Upgrade.: I recently upgraded from 8.1 and since i have, my pc will detect headphones are plugged in but no audio comes out. Ive used several pairs, Redoing drivers, Switching from realtek to high def, resetting, windows update. Nothing has worked. Any help? submitted by...
  4. video and audio not working after upgrading to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    video and audio not working after upgrading to windows 10?: so to make a short story even shorter, I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 on an old laptop I have in an attempt to get it to work better. however, after updating, whenever I try to watch any type of video it just does not work. for instance, when I try to watch a youtube...
  5. audio driver after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio driver after windows 10 upgrade: ok so I have upgraded to windows 10 but cant seem to find audio driver it is vinyl audio vt1708s chipset is asus b75m lx where to get it and my mic. is not being detected thanks...
  6. Audio issues after upgrading to Windows 10

Audio issues after upgrading to Windows 10: Hello, I've been having audio issues since upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8.1. My audio, specifically the voices sound muffled, and other sounds are more pronounced. I've tried the following: - Reverting to windows 8.1 - Updating audio drivers - Disabling...
  7. HDMI Audio not working after upgrade to Windows 10

HDMI Audio not working after upgrade to Windows 10: Hi All, I've searched and found similar problems to mine, but none of those solutions worked so I'm reaching out here. I currently have an Asus Vivopc desktop that I use as an htpc and it is connected directly to my LG LB5800 tv. The PC has onboard speakers which sound...
  8. Audio doesn't work on Windows 10 after Upgrading from 7

Audio doesn't work on Windows 10 after Upgrading from 7: Tried restarting both services relating to Audio as well and no luck. I can't even access Sound via Control Panel. There's a red x over the speaker icon in my taskbar. Can't even use my microphone. This issue wasn't present until I installed Windows 10. I try restarting...
  9. Audio dead, touchscreen not working, after upgrade

Audio dead, touchscreen not working, after upgrade: After upgrading from windows 8.1 to Windows 10 touchscreen stopped working, audio isn't working, battery icon doesn't show on the taskbar, and that's the things that I've discovered till now. Solutions on the internet haven't worked, Asus doesn't have a driver update for it,...
  10. Video/audio not working after Windows 10 upgrade

Video/audio not working after Windows 10 upgrade: I recently upgraded from Windows 8 to 10. Now when I try to play videos, they sometimes either won't play at all, or will play extremely jittery. The audio sometimes doesn't work at all on the system. Sometimes both audio and video will work perfectly, but its very...