Windows 10: Audio not working, even though WIndows sees it.

Discus and support Audio not working, even though WIndows sees it. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; SO I just recently got a new motherboard, installed all of the new drivers for it, but I have a huge problem. Im getting ZERO sound, and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EarthToMaverick, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Audio not working, even though WIndows sees it.

SO I just recently got a new motherboard, installed all of the new drivers for it, but I have a huge problem.

Im getting ZERO sound, and my microphone is not putting in any sound.

I use the rear jacks that are on the motherboard, if that clears any confusion.

When I go to Sound proprieties, it does show that the Playback speaker device is getting sound from YouTube videos, but I myself cannot hear anything.

I have been working on this issue for about 6 hours now, and I need help.

To clear some other confusions, I have tried multiple microphones and multiple headphones, none prevail.

Please help me.

:)

EarthToMaverick, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Audio not working

Hi Mirdula,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed to fix the issue?

For now, I suggest that you refer to the article, Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    and check if the steps provided helps rectify the issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Aceman.au Win User

Audio not working, even though WIndows sees it.

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Audio not working, even though WIndows sees it.

1. Audio not working, even though WIndows sees it. - Similar Threads - Audio working though

2. Sound is not working even though Windows said it should

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound is not working even though Windows said it should: So after I have downloaded Bootcamp to run Windows on my iMac the Digital Audio Sound and any headphones that use a jack wont give any Sound. It only works if the Audio Device is using an USB or if it is able to connect with Bluetooth. I have already searched for solutions...
  3. Pin not working even though it’s correct

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin not working even though it’s correct: I literally have finals in a day and I need my laptop because all my studies are in it but suddenly my pin isn’t working!! I’m 100% it’s correct but it’s not working and my fingerprint doesn’t recognize my print anymore but I haven’t used it in like a year and I forgot my...
  4. Pin not working even though it’s correct

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin not working even though it’s correct: I literally have finals in a day and I need my laptop because all my studies are in it but suddenly my pin isn’t working!! I’m 100% it’s correct but it’s not working and my fingerprint doesn’t recognize my print anymore but I haven’t used it in like a year and I forgot my...
  5. Pin not working even though it’s correct

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Headphone not working even though it is detected by windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone not working even though it is detected by windows 10: Hi I'm using windows 10 64-bit and 1 year old Asus gaming Laptop model GL704GV My 3.5 mm audio Jack headphone suddenly stopped making sound yesterday even though windows 10 still detect it. I tried many other headphones and same problem. WIndows detect that there is...
  7. Headphone not working even though it is dected by windows 10

Headphone not working even though it is dected by windows 10: Hi I'm using windows 10 64-bit and 1 year old Asus gaming Laptop model GL704GV My 3.5 mm audio Jack headphone suddenly stopped making sound yesterday even though windows 10 still detect it. I tried many other headphones and same problem. WIndows detect that there is...
  8. "The Audio Service is not running." even though audio is perfectly fine.

"The Audio Service is not running." even though audio is perfectly fine.: [ATTACH] I keep getting the message "The Audio Service is not running." even though my audio is working perfectly fine and I can change it and everything, the logo claims its muted but the audio is working fine as I said before. Its a bit annoying and I would appreciate any...
  9. Devolo Cockpit sees no PLC even though three are connected and working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Devolo Cockpit sees no PLC even though three are connected and working: I use three Powerline connectors around the house and all have worked well and continue to work well. However, the Devolo Cockpit shows "No PLC devices detected". I have unplugged and replugged etc. The system works fine but I am unable to monitor the Powerline network. The...
  10. Indexing not working in Windows 10 even though it is enabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Indexing not working in Windows 10 even though it is enabled: Hey guys, so my computer has run into its first major issue and that is that the indexing feature is no longer working and I can't use the Windows search bar to search for anything anymore *Sad I looked at the "Indexing Options" but I can't even see any folders in there and...