Windows 10: Audio not working for certain games/apps

Discus and support Audio not working for certain games/apps in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've had this problem for a while, for about 6 or so months. Every so often, while i was playing games, my audio would start to bug out, play some loud... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Elementaljarl, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Audio not working for certain games/apps

I've had this problem for a while, for about 6 or so months. Every so often, while i was playing games, my audio would start to bug out, play some loud frequencies, and completely stop. At first, I though it was a problem with Discord on my computer, but after talking to support, I realized it isn't an application causing problems. My audio works fine for web browsers and certain applications, but others its completely "mute". I have tried to reinstall drivers, downgrade them, and even factory reset my pc completely. This problem still arises, and I have no idea how I could fix it. I am using Realtek HD audio for my drivers, and any help would be appreciated. Just ask for additional info on my problem

:)

Elementaljarl, Feb 3, 2019

2. No audio in some games in Windows 10

(Issue similar to No audio in newer games on Windows 10)

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit 10.1803.17134.345 on an MSI GV62VR 7RF laptop.
    (Intel HD 630, nVidia GTX 1060)

The problem started yesterday after there was a BSOD when bringing the laptop out of hibernation. Since then, there is no audio in many of my games. Audio works fine outside games.

List of games where audio works:

• Warframe
    • Killing Floor
    • Kingdom : Classic
    • Dirty Bomb
    • Heat Signature

List of games where audio doesn't work:

• GTA 4
    • Borderlands 2
    • Homefront : The Revolution
    • Plague Inc : Evolved
    • Hotline Miami 2

What I've tried:

• Checked dxdiag : No errors
    • Checked Device Manager : No warnings or anything
    • Reinstalled Realtek HD Audio drivers, both with the MSI OEM ones as well as latest generic ones from the Realtek site
    • Uninstalled Realtek audio drivers, used the Windows default ones
    • Uninstalled Nahimic 2.0 audio suite
    • Installed Nahimic 2.3.0, supposed to support the Windows 10 Anniversary update
    • Repaired DirectX through the redistributable package
    • Disabled each and both of the graphics cards from Device Manager
    • Updated both graphics card drivers
    • SFC /scannow
    • DISM, then SFC /scannow
    • Tried changing audio bitrate in Sound settings
    • Deselected allowing applications to take exclusive control.
    • Checked per-app volume settings (all default)
    • Spatial sound off
    • Windows Update to latest
    • No System Restore point available so no can do

What I've not tried: reinstalling Windows.

I tried mostly everything mentioned in the other question, however I don't have Sonic Studio on my MSI but I do have Nahimic, which is currently uninstalled.

Any suggestions are welcome.

supersonic_ht, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Dizern Win User
    No Sound in certain games

Hi, recently I got a problem with my sound systems in few games like Forza Horizon 3 and Rocket league which there is no audio (not all my games though) and it only happens in video games I mean I can play songs watch videos everything and works like a charm.

I have tried:

• Removing and reinstalling my audio driver from the device manager and not worked
    • Updating my audio driver
    • I have also checked the sound mixer they're using the same audio device
    • I have the latest version of windows installed on my computer
    I also connected my laptop to a TV with HDMI cable and changed the volume driver, the audio was working on my tv so there is no problem with my game files.

I have an MSI GE73VR 7RF Raider and I'm using Windows 10, 1803

Dizern, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Audio not working for certain games/apps

Audio not working

Hi Mirdula,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed to fix the issue?

For now, I suggest that you refer to the article, Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    and check if the steps provided helps rectify the issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

Audio not working for certain games/apps

1. Audio not working for certain games/apps - Similar Threads - Audio working certain

2. Internet not working for certain apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet not working for certain apps: This has been going on for about a month. Its not always a thing, but it is most of the time. I'm not sure if this problem is related to microsoft, but wasnt sure where else to ask it.When I try to load certain websites, its really slow but when I try to load others its fast....
  3. Internet not working for certain apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet not working for certain apps: This has been going on for about a month. Its not always a thing, but it is most of the time. I'm not sure if this problem is related to microsoft, but wasnt sure where else to ask it.When I try to load certain websites, its really slow but when I try to load others its fast....
  4. Internet not working for certain apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Certain games dont work?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain games dont work?: This is very strange, i have a few games like CSGO, Garry's mod, SWTOR, etc, that wont work. When i open them, its only a black screen with a blue circle spinning cursor or the same thing but with a transparent window but when i restart my computer, the games work. So if they...
  6. game audio not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    game audio not working: For some reason, my game audio randomly stopped working last night. it works for youtube and zoom meetings and everything else but games. I originally thought it was just Minecraft but then the same thing started happening with Among Us and Rocket League. I checked volume...
  7. Games and certain apps not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Games and certain apps not responding: I was installing some python packages and I ran into the following error here. I Later solved it by reinstalling all python related software. Now when ty to open up and games steam of epic they try to start but do not launch. I have all the correct drivers, cleared the cache...
  8. Letter keys not working in certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Letter keys not working in certain games: I have been having a recurring issue with some games. Occasionally, letter and number keys fail to work within the game, but in unusually specific parameters. I am reasonably certain this isn't a problem with a specific game, as I have found it occuring in 3 different ones by...
  9. Certain windows apps not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain windows apps not working: Applications like Photos, Paint 3D, 3D builder and 3D builder don't work. They open, and close without doing anything. Even when reinstalling them, they don't work. I am running the latest update of windows 10 1909....
  10. No or missing audio in certain games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No or missing audio in certain games: I've updated to 1809 from a fresh install today, and since then some games will either have no audio at all or will be missing audio (music, but no sound effects, or sound effects and no music.) It was fine on the older version, and also I get sound in Windows fine. Anyone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. soound only workiing on certian apps

2. no audio borderlands 2