Windows 10: Audio not working in 20H1 update

Discus and support Audio not working in 20H1 update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've contacted support about this, and they said it was an active bug being investigated. Just hoping if someone can give me some short term fix before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JK_Chan, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Audio not working in 20H1 update

I've contacted support about this, and they said it was an active bug being investigated. Just hoping if someone can give me some short term fix before patch comes as using a laptop without sound is basically like using an alarm clock without sound.

After I installed the 2004 update, my headphones were the first thing to die, and it by default just switched my sound to my speakers. I searched for troubleshooting and did reinstalling drives and restarting audio services and all the common steps. None worked. I found a solution in using a microsoft audio driver instead of the stock realtek driver I had, and it worked even though sound quality was terrible. I couldnt stand the sound quality and I felt like it was damaging my headphones even, so I reinstalled the stock driver. Headphones worked as normal afterwards.

My joy was shortlived however, as after I closed my computer and opened it the next day, both the speakers and headphones no longer worked. I contacted support, who spent an hour updating every single driver in my device, and then uninstalled iTunes as they said it caused lagging and stuff. I didnt believe them but I still deleted my itunes. No improvement. Then they told me to delete the updates, and also attempted to delete my security updates (windows didnt let them), but still no improvement. They then said it was an active bug under investigation. (wasted two hours deleting updates and itunes and spent half an hour reinstalling them)

I found a temporary solution using my bluetooth speaker, but then the sound didnt work anymore midway. I attempted the original fix by installing microsoft audio drivers which had disgusting sound but at least worked. Until this morning when even that solution didnt work anymore for some reason. I also had a blue screen of death (SECURE_KERNEL_ERROR), which I think was related to the wrong driver.

Any one have suggestions for a quick fix or does anyone have the same problem? I dont seem to be able to find anyone having the same problem as me but support says its an active bug?

submitted by /u/JK_Chan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JK_Chan, Aug 27, 2020

2. AUDIO SERVICE NOT WORKING.

Hi,

In that case, I suggest you follow below.

Step 1:

In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, then select it from the results.

Step 2:

Select the arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand it.

Step 3:

Look for IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. If it's listed, right-click it and select Update Driver, then select Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Step 4:

You’ll see a list of pre-installed drivers. Select High Definition Audio Device, and then select Next.

Step 5:

Restart PC

Let me know the results after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Aug 27, 2020
  3. Audio not working

Hi Mirdula,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed to fix the issue?

For now, I suggest that you refer to the article, Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    and check if the steps provided helps rectify the issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 27, 2020
  4. Audio not working in 20H1 update

cumulative update for 20h1

Hi PaulPChou,

Thank you for bringing this concern to us, my name is Anthony I am an Independent Advisor and a Windows 10 OS user like you.

I understand that you wanted to know when will be the cumulative update for 20h1 be release. I can relate to you about this topic because I am to is always excited for every major update release of Windows 10.

So far the information we have is that the cumulative update for 20h1 would be release this May of 2020 however for some reason there was a delay on the 20h1 cumulative update for this month.

Here are the latest news for the Windows 10 May 2020 Update release date.

Windows 10 May 2020 Update release date, news and features

Windows 10 May 2020 Update release date, news and features | TechRadar

In my case I have joined to the Windows 10 insider program to have the latest preview build before it is release for public users, if you are interested you please see this steps bellow.

How to join the Windows Insider Program

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-join-windows...

If you opted to join the Windows insider program, after you restart the computer you would be able to get the 20h1 immediately when you update Windows 10.

Please let me know on how I can provide further assistance PaulPChou, I would do my best to provide further help.

Thank you again for posting this concern , I am glad we where able to work together with this issue.

Please continue to be safe and have a good day.

Best regards,

Anthony De Jesus

Independent Advisor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a few reminder before we access the site: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).
    Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Anthony1129, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

Audio not working in 20H1 update

1. Audio not working in 20H1 update - Similar Threads - Audio working 20H1

2. audio not working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio not working after update: I think I need my old driver. my audio stopped working. this has happened before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-not-working-after-update/bc39bae1-4ed7-459c-9204-b7b70d6d9d1f
  3. Windows blue screen during 20H1 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows blue screen during 20H1 update: I have a big problem with my desktop pc. This is an assembled mid-range gaming pc. It always did great until Windows released the 20H1 update. Since then, if I try to update the PC during operations it crashes giving a blue screen, restoring everything to the previous restore...
  4. Update failiure for 20H1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update failiure for 20H1: Hi guys , I am facing issues in upgrading from 1909 to 20H14 where in the update fails with the error 0x800707e7..tried almost all thr tricks i could find online but still hitting the same brick wall p.s I did find a ton of errors in the update logs Agent *FAILED*...
  5. 20h1 Update

20h1 Update: Hello--20h1 did install via Windows Update 11/11/2020 The first sign in after the final Restart to the Lock Screen had the Privacy Security options open to Accept. Then a new window for OOBE Elevated Server Object opened with two options Yes and No. The No option did...
  6. Windows 10 20h1 & 20h2 bug Audio files properties

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 20h1 & 20h2 bug Audio files properties: Hi. Im here to notify an important bug present in Windows 10 May update and October Update beta. The problem is that certain audio files, specially with flac files doesn't show the properties: tags and cover in windows explorer and Groove. As a consequence, in Windows Media...
  7. Touchscreen doesn't work after W10 2004 aka 20H1 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchscreen doesn't work after W10 2004 aka 20H1 update: This threat is for the people that have a PC x360 HP Pavilion 11-n000sl model: G2C02EA and probably some others Intel Atom processor based PCs with touchscreen that doesn't work no more after the Windows 10 2020 may update. Other sensors like gyroscope don't work no more...
  8. cumulative update for 20h1

cumulative update for 20h1: hi, There are no cumulative updates for Win. 10 20h1? When will it come out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cumulative-update-for-20h1/46a1fba2-db55-4981-b67d-8481edb80bca
  9. Where is 20H1 update ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Where is 20H1 update ?: usually those rolled around month 3 while second half of the year release rolled around month 9 with , of course the corona virus slows everything down but shouldn't they at least mention something somewhere about where they stand from this update ? 156199
  10. DTS immersive audio is now available on Windows 10 20H1

in Windows 10 News
    DTS immersive audio is now available on Windows 10 20H1: In late January 2019, Microsoft promised support for DTS:X will be added to Windows 10 and Xbox One soon. It looks like the feature is now available on Windows 10, at least for the users enrolled to the Windows Insider program. DTS Sound Unbound app, which allows users to...