Windows 10: Audio not working in metro/windows store apps

Discus and support Audio not working in metro/windows store apps in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi, i just recently started to use some windows 10 apps from the store and i noticed that none of the apps i installed had any audio. i also noticed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jake25mt, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Jake25mt Win User

Audio not working in metro/windows store apps

hi, i just recently started to use some windows 10 apps from the store and i noticed that none of the apps i installed had any audio. i also noticed that they didn't appear in the volume mixer so i tried:

>updating the audio driver

>updating to the latest version of windows 10 (build 17763.437)

>and messing with audio settings

but still audio doesn't work (mind you audio works everywhere else accept for windows store apps)

could anyone please help me with this issue? thanks

:)

Jake25mt, Apr 18, 2019
  2. ltwally Win User

File Explorer > Open With > remove Windows Store & Metro apps?

If you right-click on a file, the Open With menu will have suggestions for any Metro app that thinks it can handle the file-type, as well as the Windows Store.

The Windows Store is useless to me, and I have yet to see a single Metro app worth using.

I'd like to remove these suggestions from the Open With menu. Any ideas how to go about this?

Thanks

ltwally, Apr 18, 2019
  3. Metro Apps Not working

Hi Pavith,

Thank you for getting back with a reply.

I suggest that try to re-register Windows Store and check if the issue persist. To do so follow the steps below:

• Right click on Start button and select “Command prompt (Admin)”
    • The type the command- powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML
    • Restart computer and open store.
    Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Apr 18, 2019
  4. Audio not working in metro/windows store apps

Metro Apps to open in full screen mode always on Windows 10.

Hello Shikha,

Thank you for responding quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few questions so we will know we are guiding you accordingly:

• Are you not able to retain the maximized window of metro apps after resizing the app window?
    • Does the issue persist only with Mail app?
    • Are you facing the above issue since upgrade?

Glad to know the suggestion worked. The above suggestion was given for Mail app and works the same for other metro apps too like Calendar, Store, etc.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

Audio not working in metro/windows store apps

1. Audio not working in metro/windows store apps - Similar Threads - Audio working metro

2. Metro Apps not installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Metro Apps not installed: Hi there, I used to have a problem where metro apps wouldn't open, so I did an in-place upgrade of Windows 10. After the upgrade finished, the metro apps just didn't exist, I couldn't find them via search or settings, and whenever I use the PowerShell commands it just says...
  3. Start and Metro Apps are not working

Start and Metro Apps are not working: Hello.. I recently installed Windows 10 Home using the iso. It was fine but after sometime, the start and metro apps had stopped working. I thought that re-install would do the trick. So I reformatted C: and installed Windows 10 again hoping it wouldn't come again. But now...
  4. Cortana/Store/Metro Apps FINALLY fixed!

Cortana/Store/Metro Apps FINALLY fixed!: Like innumerable other Win10 users, I have been trying for quite a while to get broken apps and Cortana to work again, after the Anniversary 'update'. I've repeatedly tried sfc /scannow; DISM restorehealth; MS Repair tools; Windows troubleshooter; the infamous Powershell...
  5. Remove Windows 10 Metro Apps

Remove Windows 10 Metro Apps: Hi, Even using :: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage :: will leave some apps there, I need to decide if I should remove them manually or not, but I don't know what they do and are they vital? So please help me by letting me know what's each one? Cheers....
  6. File Explorer > Open With > remove Windows Store & Metro apps?

File Explorer > Open With > remove Windows Store & Metro apps?: If you right-click on a file, the Open With menu will have suggestions for any Metro app that thinks it can handle the file-type, as well as the Windows Store. The Windows Store is useless to me, and I have yet to see a single Metro app worth using. I'd like to remove...
  7. Metro Apps Problem

Metro Apps Problem: I don't have Metro (Modern) Apps (Fresh Install). How do i get it? 35052
  8. Metro Apps after 1511

Metro Apps after 1511: Hey guys, long time reader fist post tho. i considere myself computer "able"! but i have this stupid problem since upgrading to windows 10. upgrade went fine although when i wanted to register a new user, this new user start menu wont even open. tried many times and did many...
  9. Metro apps and store not working and grayed out - advanced

Metro apps and store not working and grayed out - advanced: A bit of background info: I have installed Windows 10 about 5 times. The first 4 it would only work until the first reboot because during the setup phase it would automatically install a faulty driver and on the first available restart my Windows would break and I would have...
  10. Metro bootloader not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Metro bootloader not working.: I have a dual boot system, 7x64 pro and 10x64 pro. Everything works fine if I use the Legacy bootloader. If I switch it to the metro bootloader, using EasyBCD, the system boots directly into W10 without ever showing a bootloader screen. [img] Anyone have a clue how to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows store audio not working