Windows 10: Audio not working, I've tried LITERALLY EVERYTHING

Discus and support Audio not working, I've tried LITERALLY EVERYTHING in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys, so I was using my laptop this afternoon and went out for a walk. When I came back, my audio wasn't working at all. At first the toolbar audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Omidyne, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Omidyne Win User

Audio not working, I've tried LITERALLY EVERYTHING

Hey guys, so I was using my laptop this afternoon and went out for a walk. When I came back, my audio wasn't working at all.
    At first the toolbar audio icon said there is no audio devices, so I did some tweaking and looking at videos and fixed that. However, there is still no sound coming out, even though it says Realtek High Definition Audio is connected and everything.

Here are the list of things I've already tried and that haven't worked:

1. opened up services and restarted Windows Audio and Endpoint Builder ( at first Windows audio was stopped, so I had to tweak it logged on as Local System account)
    2. I've tried disabling and re-enabling the Speakers from the Sound settings
    3. I've tried disabling and uninstalling the Realtek audio driver
    4. I've tried uninstalling the Realtek Audio driver and restarting
    5. I've tried updating the Realtek driver by installing High Definition Audio driver (not Realtek) instead.
    5. I've tried disabling all sound effects in the 'Enhancements' tab of the sound settings
    6. I've tried updating Windows and also uninstalling recent updates ( even though the most recent update occurred days before this issue)
    7. Tried troubleshooting, it just comes with an initial error saying "Turn off Sound effects and Enhancements", and when I click Yes, open Audio Enhancements it brings me to the end of the troubleshooter, where it says "Audio services not responding". When I ask for more information, it asks me to restart the audio services (which I have already done)

Audio not working, I've tried LITERALLY EVERYTHING [​IMG]

When I try using the 'test' feature of my speakers, it gives me an error saying "Failed to play test tone"

When I open the volume mixer, it doesn't show anything else that should be showing (e.g Spotify, Chrome) when I'm playing them

I've literally tried everything. Is it hardware? Is my sound card broken or something? How would one check that

:)

Omidyne, Jun 15, 2020
  2. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Audio not working

Hi Mirdula,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed to fix the issue?

For now, I suggest that you refer to the article, Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    and check if the steps provided helps rectify the issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Audio not working, I've tried LITERALLY EVERYTHING - Similar Threads - Audio working I've

2. Virtualization is not working on W11 and I've tried everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtualization is not working on W11 and I've tried everything: I'm trying to get Windows Subsystem for Android working on my Windows 11 PC. When I try to load up the Amazon App Store I get this:SVM is on in BIOS, I've triple checkedI've rebooted so many timesCore Isolation is disabledNo other apps installed that use virtualizationI've...
  3. Virtualization is not working on W11 and I've tried everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtualization is not working on W11 and I've tried everything: I'm trying to get Windows Subsystem for Android working on my Windows 11 PC. When I try to load up the Amazon App Store I get this:SVM is on in BIOS, I've triple checkedI've rebooted so many timesCore Isolation is disabledNo other apps installed that use virtualizationI've...
  4. Text to Speech not working - I've tried everything!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text to Speech not working - I've tried everything!: Hello,I'm attempting to setup text to speech on my desktop for when I'm working and nothing seems to work. I've updated all drivers and windows is fully updated. I've ensured that my mic and other devices are picking up my voice, without issue. If I spell out a word...
  5. Text to Speech not working - I've tried everything!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text to Speech not working - I've tried everything!: Hello,I'm attempting to setup text to speech on my desktop for when I'm working and nothing seems to work. I've updated all drivers and windows is fully updated. I've ensured that my mic and other devices are picking up my voice, without issue. If I spell out a word...
  6. Text to Speech not working - I've tried everything!

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Realtek audio driver issue - Speakers and headphones not working - I've tried everything to...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek audio driver issue - Speakers and headphones not working - I've tried everything to...: I bought a Chinese laptop 2021 Xiaomi Notebook Pro 14" and reinstalled Windows because I wanted the English version. After the reinstall, I noticed the sound from the speakers sounded tinny and very quiet so I wanted to install the audio enhancement software which appeared to...
  8. No internet, I've tried everything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No internet, I've tried everything: (Toshiba satellite c55t-c) yesterday I was updating to version 2009, got to 2004 all was fine, then 2009. No internet on wifi or ethernet. Other devices work fine so it's not my router. I reverted back to 2004 but I still have no internet. I've gone into cmd and tried every...
  9. My mic isn't working and I've literally tried everything. Please Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My mic isn't working and I've literally tried everything. Please Help!: okay so my microphone stopped working even though my laptop says its fine. I have tried the following; - allowed my mic to be on in the security settings - went through control panel, set the default mic and changed the advanced setting thing and nothing. made no difference....
  10. WINDOWS DEFENDER NOT WORKING - I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WINDOWS DEFENDER NOT WORKING - I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING: A few weeks ago I installed the Avira antivirus, seeing that it did not work I uninstalled it. After this I could not make the Windows Defender work again (it is clear that prior to installing Avira, the WD worked perfectly). Although I try to restart the service (since every...