Windows 10: Audio not working on camera

Discus and support Audio not working on camera in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I use the video function on the camera, it's not picking up sound.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AXF, Nov 2, 2020.

1. AXF
    AXF Win User

Audio not working on camera

When I use the video function on the camera, it's not picking up sound.

:)

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Audio not working

Hi Mirdula,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed to fix the issue?

For now, I suggest that you refer to the article, Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    and check if the steps provided helps rectify the issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Audio not working on camera

AUDIO SERVICE NOT WORKING.

Hi,

In that case, I suggest you follow below.

Step 1:

In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, then select it from the results.

Step 2:

Select the arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand it.

Step 3:

Look for IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. If it's listed, right-click it and select Update Driver, then select Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Step 4:

You’ll see a list of pre-installed drivers. Select High Definition Audio Device, and then select Next.

Step 5:

Restart PC

Let me know the results after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Audio not working on camera

1. Audio not working on camera - Similar Threads - Audio working camera

2. My laptop doesn't produce audio, mic not working and camera not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop doesn't produce audio, mic not working and camera not working: When I use any app that has an audio output/sound my speakers don't produce any sound. I am also having issues with my mic, windows doesn't detect it. My camera is also not being detected. My laptop is a MacBook Air A1466 from mid 2012 with Windows10 pro on it....
  3. my camera works only as audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my camera works only as audio device: Hi today I received my new webcam ORBBEC ASTRA but it connects as audio deviceso I had an Logitech c270 webcam as my main and I had no problems. but today I received a way better camera ORBBEC ASTRA.once I connect the camera my computer detects it as audio device. I have...
  4. my camera works only as audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my camera works only as audio device: Hi today I received my new webcam ORBBEC ASTRA but it connects as audio deviceso I had an Logitech c270 webcam as my main and I had no problems. but today I received a way better camera ORBBEC ASTRA.once I connect the camera my computer detects it as audio device. I have...
  5. my camera works only as audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Audio & Camera Not Working

Audio & Camera Not Working: Yesterday, everything was fine but today my audio is not working. I have uninstalled the audio drivers and allowed them to reinstall after restarting my laptop. But, that didn't fix the issue. Also: My camera is not working. It doesn't seem like the camera is installed....
  7. Audio and camera

Audio and camera: Whenever I open camera I only see a blue screen on the camera app and the light on the camera doesn't turn on. My audio doesn't work even if I have headphones plugged in and I troubleshooted the problem for the audio and this is what showed up.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Webcam's camera is not detected but audio works - How to troubleshoot?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Webcam's camera is not detected but audio works - How to troubleshoot?: Hello, I've got a fully updated (via Windows Update) Windows 10 self-built desktop system that's having trouble fully detecting my webcam. The one I'd like to use for Skype is the Logitech C925e which is ostensibly plug-and-play. However, after plugging it in, Skype...
  9. Audio and Camera

Audio and Camera: Hi so basically i have a windows 10 acer laptop and what happened is that the camera and when i voice record myself doesnt work SO i went on settings to try to fix the problem and i did everthing it said my audio and camera where on but i have this app called zoom and other...
  10. Audio in Camera

Audio in Camera: I have some issues in my Surface: 1. The audio is not working after recording a video in this laptop. 2. The audio and video is not working after recording a video with my ear phones plugged in the laptop. The video cannot be played as the play button has been (for some...