Windows 10: Audio not working properly after Windows update

Discus and support Audio not working properly after Windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The RealTek HD Audio sounds incredibly quiet after the Windows November update since a few days since it came out. I've uninstalled drivers and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StephenLynn, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Audio not working properly after Windows update

The RealTek HD Audio sounds incredibly quiet after the Windows November update since a few days since it came out.

I've uninstalled drivers and re-installed Asus's stock driver for it, and I've even gone into the HD Audio Manager to make sure Loudness Equalization was in. However, it makes almost ZERO difference now because before then it really made the sound much louder with more Bass, but it's like there no more Bass coming from it anymore in which you're only getting mostly treble instead which makes the sound overall like tinnie...in my personal opinion.

There is no ! symbol within device manager meaning there is nothing wrong detected by the system as a problem.

I've noticed from reading that Windows had problems in the past with Realtek HD Audio drivers, and Microsoft had to come out with a fix for it. So, it seems like that problem that error possibly in the Kernel or that of bad coding has been accidentally brought back in within November's update once again.

My laptop sounds so freakin' quiet and I've always been able to happily play with the volume at 48-50%, but now it's sounds tinnie and I am really pissed off with that for sure..!

My laptop is only just over 1 year old;

Asus GL502 VM (i7 7th Generation version)

When testing the mp3 file with loudness equalization ON you could tell the sound gets more quiet, but if you choose within Audio Manager for the option LIVE it improves the treble making it slightly louder. This NEVER happened before the Windows November update because with both options ON within Audio Manager you could easily hear the music was GOOD & Loud.

Playing back MP4 movie the above mentioned options within Audio makes almost NO difference what so ever, and as before the November the update it was GOOD & Loud but now it sounds tinnie...!

Microsoft get your Developers find where they've gone wrong because it sounds so quiet and it's NOT my laptop's speakers either because I've connected my headphones and it's the same problems through that too - tinnie sounding!

Therefore, this is software issue brought about by Microsoft's November update has my enjoyment for listening to music / videos via my laptop.

Fix this problem ASAP!

***Modified title from: RealTeck HD Audio now sounds incredibly quiet after November's Windows Update***

:)

StephenLynn, Nov 18, 2018
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 18, 2018
  3. Audio not working

Hi Mirdula,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed to fix the issue?

For now, I suggest that you refer to the article, Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    and check if the steps provided helps rectify the issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 18, 2018
  4. Audio not working properly after Windows update

internet audio isnt working

Hard data works on the desktop through software but streaming audio or flash audio through internet browsers doesnt seem to play.

im working on this problem on someone else's computer. i've updated their realtek audio controllers through windows update, i've uninstalled and reinstalled adobe flash, i've tried both IE and FF3 and i still dont see any resolve.

if there's anything that can be done or if anyone else has had this problem in the past, suggestions are welcomed.

this computer is a compaq with vista home premuim, 1G ram, intel chipsets, and realtek audio controllers.

xstayxtruex, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

Audio not working properly after Windows update

1. Audio not working properly after Windows update - Similar Threads - Audio working properly

2. windows not working properly after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows not working properly after update: everything was working fine until i updated windows and turned off my pc then i woke up and windows is acting weird when i try open any app for example roblox it closes without any error but only as soon as the game loads in and on task manager it says opera gx discord and...
  3. windows not working properly after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows not working properly after update: everything was working fine until i updated windows and turned off my pc then i woke up and windows is acting weird when i try open any app for example roblox it closes without any error but only as soon as the game loads in and on task manager it says opera gx discord and...
  4. windows not working properly after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Bluetooh audio device not working properly after Win update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooh audio device not working properly after Win update: Greetings! I use a JBL T500BT Bluetooth, both for multimedia audio/video and calls. This device was working great - untilthis update happened. Now the device works only as a "hands-free AG Audio" - which means that every time I try to listen to music, it is impossible:...
  6. Audio not working properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio not working properly: Hello. I have some issues with my audio lately. I tried talking to someone through laptop mic and headphone mic, but the listener kept complaining about the voice super low pitch, inaudible, choppy. So, I thought there must be something wrong with the microphone but then I...
  7. After update, audio is muffled/distorted/not working properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After update, audio is muffled/distorted/not working properly: Title. My PC decided to install today’s big update, and afterward my audio has been sounding muffled and distorted. I have a Sound Blaster Audigy Fx sound card and Astro A10s. I updated the drivers and restarted a couple times. Initially, all audio had reduced volume and...
  8. Audio not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio not working properly: So my audio is weird, it randomly stops working. And i troubleshooted the sound and it said it was a audio drive probleme. To get my sound back i need to turn of my pc and wait some minutes or uninstall my audio driver and restart my pc to install it again and if im lucky its...
  9. Audio channels not working properly after Windows Update

Audio channels not working properly after Windows Update: I have a PC that is roughly a year old and worked fine until yesterday. Then the Windows Update installed and the Windows Store broke. At that point I reset my PC via the Refresh option. Afterwards all my software gone (sorry but that is not a REFRESH) and I had to install...
  10. Audio Not Working Properly

Audio Not Working Properly: Hello :) For some weeks now, following a windows update, the Audio Driver on my computer doesn't seem to be working. The only way I can play sound is through the HDMI cable connected to my monitor. None of the audio jacks are working. Realtek audio manager doesnt appear...