Windows 10: Audio Not Working Properly

Discus and support Audio Not Working Properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello :) For some weeks now, following a windows update, the Audio Driver on my computer doesn't seem to be working. The only way I can play sound is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HenryLlessib, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Audio Not Working Properly

Hello Audio Not Working Properly :)

For some weeks now, following a windows update, the Audio Driver on my computer doesn't seem to be working. The only way I can play sound is through the HDMI cable connected to my monitor. None of the audio jacks are working.

Realtek audio manager doesnt appear on my computer, which I think is the issue. I have tried updating the driver, doesn't work. I have tried downloading the driver and manually installing it from the Realtek website, doesn't work. I have tried going to the motherboard manufacturers website and downloading it, d o e s n t w o r k.

Its incredibly frustrating and I'm not sure which steps I can take now.

I have researched high and low, and tried all manner of fixes but nothing works!

Screen shots of relevant data below:

Device manager

Service Manager:

MSINFO

:)

HenryLlessib, Sep 23, 2018

2. Audio not working

Hi Mirdula,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed to fix the issue?

For now, I suggest that you refer to the article, Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    and check if the steps provided helps rectify the issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 23, 2018
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Sep 23, 2018
  4. Audio Not Working Properly

Audio not working

Hi,

We need more information so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the troubleshooter for your audio devices. Follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on Start menu.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio.
    • Follow the instructions provided.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

Audio Not Working Properly

1. Audio Not Working Properly - Similar Threads - Audio Working Properly

2. windows audio driver not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows audio driver not working properly: Hi all,every now and then my wired earphones get disconnected and i have tried reinstalling drivers enabling disabling the drivers, but it did not solve the issue...pls help...
  3. windows audio driver not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows audio driver not working properly: Hi all,every now and then my wired earphones get disconnected and i have tried reinstalling drivers enabling disabling the drivers, but it did not solve the issue...pls help...
  4. windows audio driver not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Audio jack not working properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio jack not working properly: I've got an HP laptop and Bigben headphones. When I plug them in, or any other device, the sound is not working. However, when I change the spatial sound setting, it starts to work. But only until i change the game I'm playing or watch a different youtube video, then it stops...
  6. Audio Splitter not working properly

Audio Splitter not working properly: I just bought a new audio splitter from amazon because my predator helios 300 has only 1 audio jack, I wanted to use a headphone and a separate mic, when I plug in the audio splitter it prompts me to select between the following Line in Mic in Headphone Speaker out Headset...
  7. Audio Switching Not working Properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Switching Not working Properly: Ok, so I have 2 USB audio output devices, a speaker bar and gaming headset, setup as "Speaker" and "Headset". When going to the Sound option in the tray, I can select both options as choices. So far so good. However, when I play any output (game, video, etc.) it will ONLY...
  8. Audio not working properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio not working properly: Hello. I have some issues with my audio lately. I tried talking to someone through laptop mic and headphone mic, but the listener kept complaining about the voice super low pitch, inaudible, choppy. So, I thought there must be something wrong with the microphone but then I...
  9. Audio not working properly

Audio not working properly: So my audio is weird, it randomly stops working. And i troubleshooted the sound and it said it was a audio drive probleme. To get my sound back i need to turn of my pc and wait some minutes or uninstall my audio driver and restart my pc to install it again and if im lucky its...
  10. Audio not working properly on Google Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio not working properly on Google Chrome: Basically, whenever I open up Google Chrome and watch a video, there will be audio, but if i watch a different video without closing and relaunching Google Chrome, there wouldn't be any audio. This also happens if I pause the video long enough and then resume the video....