Windows 10: Audio not working until after multiple restarts.

Discus and support Audio not working until after multiple restarts. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Whenever I switch on my laptop, the sound system almost never works. And by that I mean is I get NO sound at all. The headphones don't work, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by _Tashi_, Dec 30, 2020.

1. _Tashi_ Win User

Audio not working until after multiple restarts.

Whenever I switch on my laptop, the sound system almost never works. And by that I mean is I get NO sound at all. The headphones don't work, the inbuilt speakers don't work. Just silence. I wonder why it happens and have uninstalled and re-installed the drivers multiple times but still up to no avail.

Also on a completely unrelated topic, there's this message about some deadlock task that can't be performed and thus I have to select "Quit task" every freaking time it pops up, and I have no idea about this task. Why would I want to know if some OS task is not performed, or if it got tangled up in some deadlock situation? Why do I have to deal with it? Thank god it doesn't pop up every time, but it does happen once a week on average. Please help out on this issue as well while you angels are at it :

:)

_Tashi_, Dec 30, 2020

2. Windows Audio doesnt work, everytime a restart is required to bring back the audio

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for providing suggestions. I have tried all the listed troubleshooting before I raise an question over here.

None of the things helped....in few steps it makes Audio work(Only because of the Restart that is made) again if I shutdown my system and start back after couple of minutes/hours audio doesn't work.

Thank You!!

Sathish756, Dec 30, 2020
  3. AUDIO SERVICE NOT WORKING.

Hi,

In that case, I suggest you follow below.

Step 1:

In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, then select it from the results.

Step 2:

Select the arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand it.

Step 3:

Look for IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. If it's listed, right-click it and select Update Driver, then select Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Step 4:

You’ll see a list of pre-installed drivers. Select High Definition Audio Device, and then select Next.

Step 5:

Restart PC

Let me know the results after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Dec 30, 2020
  4. Audio not working until after multiple restarts.

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

Audio not working until after multiple restarts.

1. Audio not working until after multiple restarts. - Similar Threads - Audio working until

2. Headphones doesn't work untill we restart and after restart if we unplug the headphones and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones doesn't work untill we restart and after restart if we unplug the headphones and...: I've been looking through the old questions and I couldn't find a fix, the issue is pretty much what the title says.Please look at the image below, idk why it says this.Also I think the issue occurred after I updated my drivers from here...
  3. Headphones doesn't work untill we restart and after restart if we unplug the headphones and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones doesn't work untill we restart and after restart if we unplug the headphones and...: I've been looking through the old questions and I couldn't find a fix, the issue is pretty much what the title says.Please look at the image below, idk why it says this.Also I think the issue occurred after I updated my drivers from here...
  4. Programs stop working until computer restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs stop working until computer restart: Hi,Every once and a while almost all .exe's will either stop responding or not even open. If they open its just a white screen and task master says the program is not responding. This can be fixed by restarting my computer, but I want to know why this happens and if there is...
  5. Audio doesn't work until after multiple reboots.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio doesn't work until after multiple reboots.: Whenever I turn on my laptop, the sound system hardly ever works. Headphones don't work, built-in speakers don't work. Just silence. Please help :...
  6. Video not working until restart

Video not working until restart: I have had this problem since I did a fresh install of Windows 10 1809, I have since updated to 1903 and the problem persists. When I start up my computer I open a video file and the computer freezes for around 15 seconds and then sometimes it will play and sometimes it is...
  7. Network card doesn't work until restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network card doesn't work until restart: If i use the computer to download things, continously after a while (sometimes 1 hour, other times 4 hours, but anytime eventually) the Ethernet wired connection doesn't work; it says "no internet access". if i try to disable/enable network card, run troubleshooter,...
  8. In-build keyboard stops working until restart

In-build keyboard stops working until restart: I'm on HP Pavillion laptop (HP Pavilion 15-AU030NG) with Windows10 x 64. I'm experiencing a weird behavior of the in-build keyboard since some time: Case 1 If i plug out my usb keyboard, so the in-build laptop PS/2 keyboard remains dead, until i restart the laptop. After...
  9. PC would not restart after sleep until . . .

in Windows 10 Support
    PC would not restart after sleep until . . .: My PC refused to wake up after a period of sleep. I turned off the power and then on again and it still wouldn't wake. In desperation I replugged the power, whereupon it booted normally. As soon as I could I ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth...
  10. Taskbar is not working until a restart of windows explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar is not working until a restart of windows explorer: Hi Whenever I restart my computer (mostly after a windows update), the taskbar does not work (clicks on the icons/clock/notifications do nothing) and if I click on the start button, I get a popup saying there was a problem and I should sign out and sign back in to solve...