Windows 10: Audio not working when on battery power. Plugging in and rebooting fixes the issue.

Discus and support Audio not working when on battery power. Plugging in and rebooting fixes the issue. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When plugged in, my laptop (Dell, Windows 10) audio works with no problem. When on battery power, I get no audio at all - neither through speakers nor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by magboyman, Mar 25, 2019.

1. magboyman Win User

Audio not working when on battery power. Plugging in and rebooting fixes the issue.

When plugged in, my laptop (Dell, Windows 10) audio works with no problem. When on battery power, I get no audio at all - neither through speakers nor headphones. Plugging in the computer and rebooting fixes the problem. I seem to remember clicking an option some time ago to to "allow windows to turn off this device (audio device) to save power", but I cannot find that setting anymore. I remember having the thought that I shouldn't click that button. Can you please advise me on the correct solution?

:)

magboyman, Mar 25, 2019

2. Stuck in Reboot loop after power cut

Hi,

We understand your concern and appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to state which troubleshooting steps have you performed bedsides the mentioned to fix the issue.

As per the description, I suspect that you might be stuck in a reboot loop. I suggest that you perform Power Drain and check if it helps

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 25, 2019
  3. lrobinx Win User
    Battery Indicator Gone This Solution Fixed Issue

Worked just fine for me.

lrobinx, Mar 25, 2019
  4. Audio not working when on battery power. Plugging in and rebooting fixes the issue.

After Win 10 upgrade from Win 7 - "audio device driver is no longer installed"?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

We appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

As per the information that you have provided, I suggest that you perform Power Drain. Once done check if the troubleshooter is prompting you for a restart again. To perform Power Drain follow the steps below

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.

As for the driver issue, I suggest that you visit the website of your computer's manufacturer and download and install the latest audio driver. Once done reboot the system and check.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 25, 2019
Thema:

Audio not working when on battery power. Plugging in and rebooting fixes the issue.

1. Audio not working when on battery power. Plugging in and rebooting fixes the issue. - Similar Threads - Audio working battery

2. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in: Hie . My laptop carshes every 5-10min when ever i am working on it. First is checked with The power is plugged in and the battery also it crashed. Then i removed the battery and connected directly to power plugged in it crashes again. Can anyone help me figure out what is the...
  3. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in: Hie . My laptop carshes every 5-10min when ever i am working on it. First is checked with The power is plugged in and the battery also it crashed. Then i removed the battery and connected directly to power plugged in it crashes again. Can anyone help me figure out what is the...
  4. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Battery Issues 0% Available when plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Issues 0% Available when plugged in: I have a dell inspiron 13 and the default battery that came with the laptop was getting old so I bought a new battery to replace it. For a few weeks the new battery worked fine and had about 4 hours of longer life but now it just says 0% available when plugged in and doesn't...
  6. Battery Issues 0% Available when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Issues 0% Available when plugged in: I have a dell inspiron 13 and the default battery that came with the laptop was getting old so I bought a new battery to replace it. For a few weeks the new battery worked fine and had about 4 hours of longer life but now it just says 0% available when plugged in and doesn't...
  7. Power mode plugged in and on battery?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power mode plugged in and on battery?: Which power mode do you guys use when a. your laptop is plugged in, b. when it's on battery? I usually use better performance when plugged in, because I suspect that best performance will lead to heat and to wear out the hardware faster. Am I right on that suspicion? Thanks...
  8. Save power mode when on battery or plugged in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Save power mode when on battery or plugged in: [ATTACH] Hey guys, Since v1903, unplugging or plugging in my AC adapter does not restore my desired power mode. By default, I would like my laptop to default to Battery Saver power mode when it is not plugged in and Better Performance power mode when it is plugged...
  9. Power Management Battery/Plugged In

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Management Battery/Plugged In: Hi all, Just a quickie... does anyone know if its possible to set High Performance mode automatically when plugged in and then change this automatically to Balanced when unplugged? I seemed to think this was possible? 132404
  10. power toggles between battery and AC when plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    power toggles between battery and AC when plugged in: how can I fix issue with power constantly toggling from battery to AC when plugged in. I have rebooted and run all windows 10 updates. I also tried the power cycling my laptop as well as power troubleshooting....