Windows 10: Audio not working when plugging in any headphones jack

Discus and support Audio not working when plugging in any headphones jack in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Last Friday this laptop came to my house and I used my apple earbuds and the audio worked perfectly. However, today (Sunday), the audio doesn't work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by phanta, Nov 17, 2019.

1. phanta Win User

Audio not working when plugging in any headphones jack

Last Friday this laptop came to my house and I used my apple earbuds and the audio worked perfectly. However, today (Sunday), the audio doesn't work anymore with any headphones (even with the same apple earbuds). The sound still happen in "Sound" control panel but nothing really comes in my headphones at all. Need much help.
    Audio not working when plugging in any headphones jack [​IMG]

:)

phanta, Nov 17, 2019

2. Headphones will not work with computer audio jack

I've having some problems with my computer's audio jack. Actually, I'm not sure what it is called, but it's that hole where you insert your headphone plug into (I'm going to refer to it as the audio jack.)

The problem is not with my headphones; they work on my Phone and other devices. I've had success with connecting it to the back of my computer (it has another audio jack there), but I want to be able to connect it to my front one.

I have tried cleaning it with Q-Tips, Rubbing alcohol, and by inserting the headphone plug rapidly in it, but nothing has worked. The device is shown on my computer and it detects it whenever it is plugged in.

Any advice would be appreciated. If I do not respond, thank you for your answer.

KappaMikey, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Headphone front audio jack doesn't work properly

Hello Gary,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

• When you say "Headphone jack", you mean Headphone plug in slot on your computer?
    • Did you get any notification when you plug in the Headphone?

I suspect that the problem might lies with the Headphone plug in slot on your computer. Adding weight to this, I see you telling that every device fails to work when connected. Confirm the same by connecting them to another computer to see if they work fine.

Suggest you to check for the latest chipset drivers for your device from Manufacturer website. If you find any, then try to install them and see if they sort out issue. Also try as mentioned below.

* Go to System tray (I.e. bottom right corner) and right-click on
    Speaker Icon and select Playback devices from context menu.

* Go to Playback tab.

* See if the plug in device listed there. If yes, then click and highlight the device and click
    Set Default, click Apply/OK. Now see if it fix the issue.

If the above steps doesn't fix the issue, then once you plug in the device,

* Right-click on Start button and select Device Manager.

* Spot and expand Audio inputs and outputs.

* See if a drivers for the plug in device listed there. If yes double-click on it and see the status of the device under Device Status.

Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 17, 2019
  4. Audio not working when plugging in any headphones jack

Audio Jack not working properly on upgradeing to windows 10.

Hi,

On upgrading to windows 10 my audio jack does not work properly. Once you plug the headphone Jack in an icon comes up stating "jack plugged in" but the speakers continue to play and the headphones do not. If I make the headphones the default device the headphones
    work but no speakers. So does anyone know how to enable the jack to switch from speaker to headphones once jack is plugged in?

I have Via HD audio as the apparent controller . I've tried uninstalling drivers and reboot, looking for drivers on manufactures site which is in Chinese, a language I don't speak, letting windows find drivers but nothing has worked so far. Any suggestions?

AndrewStrange, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

Audio not working when plugging in any headphones jack

1. Audio not working when plugging in any headphones jack - Similar Threads - Audio working plugging

2. Audio/Headphone jack not working/

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio/Headphone jack not working/: Hi, I have a Dell XPS 13 9365, which I modded into a "desktop"I had fresh installed windows from a USB Device, but, I realized the audio menu says "No Audio Output Device is installed."I had the original speakers plugged in, the connection was alright, yet it still didn't...
  3. audio jack not working, only plays sound when headphones are plugged in while restarting

audio jack not working, only plays sound when headphones are plugged in while restarting: whenever i plug my headphones into my pc after restarting i hear no sound, and the headphonesno matter what kind dont show up on connected headphone listbut when i plug in the headphones and restart my pc with the headphones inside it works fine, and i can continue to hear...
  4. my audio jack is not working when i plug in any headphone

my audio jack is not working when i plug in any headphone: my audio jack notification is not popping up whenever i would plug in a headphone the notification would appear with 3to 4 options and saying that chose one of them. but the major problem is that when i plug in the headphone to my laptop it doesnt recongnize it and doesnt...
  5. no sound coming from the headphone when plugged into aux/audio jack

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    no sound coming from the headphone when plugged into aux/audio jack: Hi guys, So I’m running Windows 10 build 19042.804 version 20H2 and I am having this problem where I plug my headphones onto my laptop’s Aux/audio jack and Windows 10 detects it (it makes a sound when I plug it in). However, no sound coming from the headphone but instead...
  6. My audio is not working when the headphones are not plugged in.

My audio is not working when the headphones are not plugged in.: I noticed that my audio stopped working without my headphones just yesterday. My laptop is still less than a month old. There was an error event in my Realtek Audio device manager. Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source:...
  7. Automatically change audio device output when plug in headphone jack

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatically change audio device output when plug in headphone jack: I use a laptop connected to a external monitor with built-in speakers and I usually set the monitor as the audio output but whenever I'm on a call or want to use my headphones plugging them on the headphone jack port I have to mannually change the audio output back to my...
  8. Headphones not working when plugged into the rear jack.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphones not working when plugged into the rear jack.: Hello there, recently I bought a headset and plugged it in the rear jack. It came with both audio and microphone jack. When I plugged it in the rear jack it would show that it's playing sound in the sound control panel, but there would be no sound coming from it. However,...
  9. Headphone Jack not working when I plug in mic.

Headphone Jack not working when I plug in mic.: I have a headset with a mic that I plug into a splitter the splitter has a headphone and mic jack that are plugged into their own specific slots. They have been working fine for the past 6 months, up until as of this morning. Where only one of them function at a time. When I...
  10. Audio not playing in headphones when device plugged in audio jack (Windows 10)

Audio not playing in headphones when device plugged in audio jack (Windows 10): Hi, this happened all of a sudden. I was using my Bluetooth headset for audio for YouTube videos when all of a sudden the battery died. After putting my wireless Bluetooth headphone to charging, when I tried using any of the wired headphones, none of them worked. It is like...