Windows 10: Audio not working when switching accounts

Discus and support Audio not working when switching accounts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey, I have been searching for a fix in regards to this issue and it is an issue. When switching accounts on my PC the audio stops working. There are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sannas30, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Sannas30 Win User

Audio not working when switching accounts

Hey,

I have been searching for a fix in regards to this issue and it is an issue. When switching accounts on my PC the audio stops working. There are only two ways of rectifying this. Log out of the account that you most recently logged into(YOU HAVE TO DO THIS), then log into the account that was logged into in the first place and log out, don't switch user actually log out. Then log into the account that you want sound on. this works for me 90% of the time the other 10% I have to ensure all accounts are logged out from and then restart the PC and that will rectify it, again if you don't log out first it may not work.

Now according to this QA this is by design????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ar-music/8bb0e3a0-8269-400b-8add-be2841d5c204

If this is true that's absolutely insane, I consider myself an open thinker, but I cannot find any logical explanation as to why this would be an intentional design flaw.

Microsoft please remove this ludicrous design stupidity.

:)

Sannas30, Apr 13, 2019
  2. kelsofg Win User

No audio when switching accounts

When there is currently a user logged into my computer the audio works fine for that user. However, upon switching users without logging out, the audio does not work for the newly logged-in account. When I log out of the account with working audio and log
    back into the account without audio, the audio now works! Any help would be super appreciated.

kelsofg, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Audio not working when switching accounts - Similar Threads - Audio working switching

2. Audio is low when switching from bluetooth to wired audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio is low when switching from bluetooth to wired audio: Yeah, the issue is really strange. I just built this new pc a few weeks ago and it has been more or less perfect aside from this one quirk- I use bluetooth headphones casually, so I can walk around the house and listen to stuff. But when I'm gaming, I like to switch to wired...
  3. Audio is low when switching from bluetooth to wired audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio is low when switching from bluetooth to wired audio: Yeah, the issue is really strange. I just built this new pc a few weeks ago and it has been more or less perfect aside from this one quirk- I use bluetooth headphones casually, so I can walk around the house and listen to stuff. But when I'm gaming, I like to switch to wired...
  4. Audio is low when switching from bluetooth to wired audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Switching audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Switching audio: On my Del PC Windows 10 I have a Logitech webcam, a Realtek headset. I will add a Logitech external speaker when I obtain an adaptor. I am trying to use a headset for webcam calls Skype, Zoom etc due to background noise in our house. This has not been successful since the...
  6. Programs not switching audio devices when I switch the audio device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs not switching audio devices when I switch the audio device: My Setup: Dual monitors with integrated speakers and a headset I plug/unplug frequently. Issue: On my desktop computer, when I open a program with sound, the sound loads into the audio device that is currently being used, but when I switch the playback device (either to the...
  7. Audio Switching Not working Properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Switching Not working Properly: Ok, so I have 2 USB audio output devices, a speaker bar and gaming headset, setup as "Speaker" and "Headset". When going to the Sound option in the tray, I can select both options as choices. So far so good. However, when I play any output (game, video, etc.) it will ONLY...
  8. Keyboard language when switching accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard language when switching accounts: My wife and I share the same Windows 10 laptop however she is French speaking and prefers a French keyboard and I prefer an English keyboard. Whenever we switch accounts, the keyboard language follows. So meaning if I set the keyboard to English in my account and then she...
  9. BSOD when switching user accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when switching user accounts: I get a BSOD stating dxgmms2.sys failed when switching from one user account to another if I try to play a video. This occurs when the video starts in many apps, including Netflix, Hulu, Edge, etc. This only happens if another user is signed in and we switch users. It does...
  10. No audio when switching accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    No audio when switching accounts: When there is currently a user logged into my computer the audio works fine for that user. However, upon switching users without logging out, the audio does not work for the newly logged-in account. When I log out of the account with working audio and log back into the...