Windows 10: audio not working why?

Discus and support audio not working why? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my audio is not working even though i have my headphones in and it does not work if i unplug them either there is a big red x on it if that helps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlecWise, Nov 21, 2018.

1. AlecWise Win User

audio not working why?

my audio is not working even though i have my headphones in and it does not work if i unplug them either there is a big red x on it if that helps

:)

AlecWise, Nov 21, 2018

2. Audio not working

Hi Mirdula,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed to fix the issue?

For now, I suggest that you refer to the article, Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    and check if the steps provided helps rectify the issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Nov 21, 2018
  4. audio not working why?

Audio not working

Hi,

We need more information so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the troubleshooter for your audio devices. Follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on Start menu.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio.
    • Follow the instructions provided.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

audio not working why?

1. audio not working why? - Similar Threads - audio working why

2. Why is my audio not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my audio not working?: I recently built a new PC and the specs are a Ryzen 5 7600 and a RTX 3070. I downloaded all the drivers necessary and my audio won't work. The audio driver I downloaded was called RealTek audio 2.0. I plug in my headphones via the 3mm headphone jack and it recognizes that I...
  3. Why is my audio not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my audio not working?: I recently built a new PC and the specs are a Ryzen 5 7600 and a RTX 3070. I downloaded all the drivers necessary and my audio won't work. The audio driver I downloaded was called RealTek audio 2.0. I plug in my headphones via the 3mm headphone jack and it recognizes that I...
  4. Why did my audio stop working ?

Why did my audio stop working ?: I tried to plug my headphones in, but then a menu pops up and i have to choose between headphones or speaker if i recall correctly and so i choose headphones. But when i unplugged it, the audio stopped working, i deleted some drivers and restarted it yet it didn't work. The...
  5. Why did my audio stop working ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why did my audio stop working ?: I tried to plug my headphones in, but then a menu pops up and i have to choose between headphones or speaker if i recall correctly and so i choose headphones. But when i unplugged it, the audio stopped working, i deleted some drivers and restarted it yet it didn't work. The...
  6. Why is my Audio not Working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Audio not Working?: Hi,I have just bought a new PC and during my Setting up, I came across the Problem of my headphones not working, So I attempted to Fix the issue though then this Audio application appeared to be operating my output which is "Naharmic Mirroring Screen". I Look at my laptop and...
  7. Why is my Audio not Working?

Why is my Audio not Working?: Hi,I have just bought a new PC and during my Setting up, I came across the Problem of my headphones not working, So I attempted to Fix the issue though then this Audio application appeared to be operating my output which is "Naharmic Mirroring Screen". I Look at my laptop and...
  8. Why wont my audio work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wont my audio work: My audio wont play over my computer anymore unless i conect a speaker to it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-audio-work/76e95cd7-56f2-4862-b30c-5bc4e725bf98
  9. Why wont my audio work

Why wont my audio work: My audio wont play over my computer anymore unless i conect a speaker to it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-audio-work/76e95cd7-56f2-4862-b30c-5bc4e725bf98
  10. Why wont by Bluetooth audio work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why wont by Bluetooth audio work: So whenever I connect to a Bluetooth device the audio doesn't go through the device it still goes through the speakers on the computer I don't have a problem connecting the device its just the audio doesn't go through to the headphones....