Windows 10: Audio Not Working

Discus and support Audio Not Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Recently in the past few months my computer has had an issue where the sound was working just fine then it would start to fizzle and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Arcnat, Mar 26, 2020 at 4:27 PM.

1. Arcnat Win User

Audio Not Working

Hello,

Recently in the past few months my computer has had an issue where the sound was working just fine then it would start to fizzle and eventually stop working altogether. Whenever I try to adjust the volume it freezes and doesn't do anything, and eventually I get the red X with the message "No speakers or headphones are plugged in". I tried updating the drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling them, downloaded the most recent updates and drivers, but nothing works. Sometimes it just miraculously returns for a few hours then stops working again. Troubleshooter just tells me to plug in, which obviously isn't the issue. Now the realtek audio driver is unable to start, and dxdiag brings up the error "No sound card was found. If one is expected, you should install a sound driver provided by the hardware manufacturer." My computer is a Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming 5577. I've spent three weeks trying to fix this issue using various methods found online, but nothing has worked.

:)

2. Audio not working

Hi Mirdula,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed to fix the issue?

For now, I suggest that you refer to the article, Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    and check if the steps provided helps rectify the issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 26, 2020 at 4:36 PM
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

4. Audio Not Working

Audio not working

Hi,

We need more information so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the troubleshooter for your audio devices. Follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on Start menu.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio.
    • Follow the instructions provided.

Looking forward to your response.

Thema:

Audio Not Working

1. Audio Not Working - Similar Threads - Audio Working

2. Bluetooth Audio works with Google Chrome/Youtube, but nowhere else in Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Audio works with Google Chrome/Youtube, but nowhere else in Windows: As the title says, I'm having a problem where audio will properly output from any open tab in Chrome, such as Youtube, Netflix, Hulu, etc, but no other applications I have installed, such as iTunes, any game on Steam, Origin, Battle.net, Discord audio, and on and on, will...
  3. Computer audio not working

Computer audio not working: Sometime back in late November, or early December, I had a Windows update that I figured that I might as well install. This was a mistake as when my computer booted back up, my audio was not working. At first, I thought "oh, might as well get Microsoft people to help fix it...
  4. Laptop Lenovo ideapad 720 doesn't detect headset HyperX Cloud Alpha. Audio still works from...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Lenovo ideapad 720 doesn't detect headset HyperX Cloud Alpha. Audio still works from...: After connecting the jack of my headset the microphone doesn't work. The audio still works just fine, but it also doesn't show up as a headset in the sound settings just as basic speaker. I tried updating Lenovos smartaudio driver, even uninstalled and reinstalled it in the...
  5. The audio on my windows 10 pc is not working. The troubleshoot was able to figure out that...

The audio on my windows 10 pc is not working. The troubleshoot was able to figure out that...: submitted by /u/i-got-touched [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fo79mk/the_audio_on_my_windows_10_pc_is_not_working_the/
  6. audio service not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    audio service not working: I have a new lenovo s 145, and both mic and speakers suddenly stopped working. Took all appropriate steps, updated drivers, checked all services status, and finally did a system restore, but the problem persists..Any help? It appears many people have this issue, and it seemed...
  7. Internal microphone not working conexant ISST Audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internal microphone not working conexant ISST Audio: I had a black screen incident 10 days ago on my HP Spectre running windows 10. I managed to reboot by turning it on and off and all seemed well. However, by trying to skype several people and them not being able to hear me, I have discovered that my internal mic is not...
  8. audio not working Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    audio not working Windows 10: Audio is not working at all. Windows 10. I tried the tips given by Microsoft, did not help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-not-working-windows-10/400bc539-d5d1-4a07-97c9-1284b6ec4f51
  9. Xbox game bar audio mix not working

Xbox game bar audio mix not working: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/6dp321rde4o41.jpg?width=1357&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=8da05458acc13cbe524324ff7555d6b522d61b90 Every time I get on my PC after a shutdown, it works just fine. But the moment it goes to sleep and turn it back on, the speakers, as well as...
  10. audio not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio not working: everytime i go by my audio it says no audio output device installed and i've tried everything if anyone has had this problem before please help i've been trying to fix this for weeks i don't know what happen i just muted my sound one day and then it didn't turn back on...