Windows 10: Audio of word pronunciation doesn't work in WIN 10 1809

Discus and support Audio of word pronunciation doesn't work in WIN 10 1809 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been using Merriam Webster dictionary software with audio pronunciation in all of the previous Windows Oss without any trouble. After installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Priapus, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Priapus Win User

Audio of word pronunciation doesn't work in WIN 10 1809

I have been using Merriam Webster dictionary software with audio pronunciation in all of the previous Windows Oss without any trouble. After installing the latest WIN 10 1809 version on a clean formatted disk, the audio of this MW dictionary pronunciation doesn't work anymore.

Then I checked the online Oxford and Merriam Webster dictionaries to hear the pronunciation, but no audio from there as well.

I am using Firefox 62.0.3 version.

However, there are no problem playing Winamp music player, VLC video or online Youtube videos or any TV live streaming. All of them have normal audio. So, I am assuming that there is no problem with Audio Device. I don’t have any sound card, but using the built-in motherboard audio.

Please help me to resolve this audio problem with word pronunciation.

:)

Priapus, Oct 5, 2018

2. CD-ROM doesn`t work with win 10

After I installed Win 10 my CD ROM doesn`t work any longer. Does somebody have an solution?

geirrykhus, Oct 5, 2018
  3. Audio doesn´t work aftter connecting headphones

Original Title: No audio

Sometimes when i want to use the headphones, i connect them to my computer and then the audio doesn´t work, so i need to restart my computer and the audio returns, so my question is, why this happen? i don´t want to restart my pc everytime that i need the
    headphones.

I hope that someone can answer me Audio of word pronunciation doesn't work in WIN 10 1809 :)

GiancarlosGarza, Oct 5, 2018
  4. OlafBacon Win User

narrator pronunciation of word

Please revise pronunciation of word "Deuteronomy" by narrator, which speaks it as "Deuteromy".

OlafBacon, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Audio of word pronunciation doesn't work in WIN 10 1809 - Similar Threads - Audio word pronunciation

2. Change Pronunciations in Narrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Pronunciations in Narrator: Is there a way for customers like me who use screenreaders like Narrator to change the pronunciation of specific words and phrases? The reason why I ask is because whenever I write my family name, "Baradine", it seems to pronounce it as "Bar ah dine", when it's supposed to be...
  3. Change Pronunciations in Narrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Pronunciations in Narrator: Is there a way for customers like me who use screenreaders like Narrator to change the pronunciation of specific words and phrases? The reason why I ask is because whenever I write my family name, "Baradine", it seems to pronounce it as "Bar ah dine", when it's supposed to be...
  4. Audio Doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Doesn't work: Hi, I am Ziyovuddin.I have recently Installe windows 10 to My computer and Audio doesn't work. There is sentence that there are no avialable device.Please, Help me!!!!!Thanks in advance!!!...
  5. Audio Doesn't Work

Audio Doesn't Work: I have no sound. The computer says there are no output devices plugged in anytime that I troubleshoot. I can and have used the speakers and headphones I am trying to use on other devices with no issue. Its an ASUS Tuf Gaming x570 plus wifi motherboard and I have been able...
  6. Windows Update doesn't work on 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update doesn't work on 1809: It never finishes searching for updates, and it crashes if I click on "View update history" or "Advanced options". I have already followed these instructions trying to fix the problem, but it didn't work. On a side note things i try to download from the microsoft store...
  7. Cortana hearing and pronunciation issues

in Cortana
    Cortana hearing and pronunciation issues: I have just changed from Mac to Surface Book 2 and I am encountering some small problems with Cortana. 1. I changed my name on Cortana and its pronunciation and she will say it back correctly but right after she won't say it the same way when I ask her to say my name. 2....
  8. Win 10 apps doesn't work!!!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Win 10 apps doesn't work!!!: Hello everyone, I have problem in my win 10 apps as below: 1- Microsoft store never launch and i tried all the methods i found in here for the same problem, I click the icon and nothing happen. 2- Microsoft Photos and Videos show me the message (The app didn't start)....
  9. Is there a permanent fix to the no audio bug in Win 10 1809?

Is there a permanent fix to the no audio bug in Win 10 1809?: I've uninstalled and reinstalled every driver constantly, tried the high definition default driver, manufacturer driver, and all that happens is that it works until I shut down and reboot the system. Then i have to repeat the process. I've had the most up to date drivers...
  10. Audio does not work in 1809

Audio does not work in 1809: I've recently updated to windows 1809 and no audio output has been detected, i've tried deleting the drivers and restarting but nothing worked, the drivers just reappeared as an error. Even reinstalling the drivers did not work. So i went back to 1803 and did the same thing....