Windows 10: Audio of word pronunciation doesn't work in WIN 10 1809

Discus and support Audio of word pronunciation doesn't work in WIN 10 1809 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been using Merriam Webster dictionary software with audio pronunciation in all of the previous Windows Oss without any trouble. After installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Priapus, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Priapus Win User

Audio of word pronunciation doesn't work in WIN 10 1809

I have been using Merriam Webster dictionary software with audio pronunciation in all of the previous Windows Oss without any trouble. After installing the latest WIN 10 1809 version on a clean formatted disk, the audio of this MW dictionary pronunciation doesn't work anymore.

Then I checked the online Oxford and Merriam Webster dictionaries to hear the pronunciation, but no audio from there as well.

I am using Firefox 62.0.3 version.

However, there are no problem playing Winamp music player, VLC video or online Youtube videos or any TV live streaming. All of them have normal audio. So, I am assuming that there is no problem with Audio Device. I don’t have any sound card, but using the built-in motherboard audio.

Please help me to resolve this audio problem with word pronunciation.

:)

Priapus, Oct 5, 2018
  2. geirrykhus Win User

CD-ROM doesn`t work with win 10

After I installed Win 10 my CD ROM doesn`t work any longer. Does somebody have an solution?

geirrykhus, Oct 5, 2018
  3. GiancarlosGarza Win User
    Audio doesn´t work aftter connecting headphones

Original Title: No audio

Sometimes when i want to use the headphones, i connect them to my computer and then the audio doesn´t work, so i need to restart my computer and the audio returns, so my question is, why this happen? i don´t want to restart my pc everytime that i need the
    headphones.

I hope that someone can answer me Audio of word pronunciation doesn't work in WIN 10 1809 :)

GiancarlosGarza, Oct 5, 2018
  4. OlafBacon Win User

narrator pronunciation of word

Please revise pronunciation of word "Deuteronomy" by narrator, which speaks it as "Deuteromy".

OlafBacon, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Audio of word pronunciation doesn't work in WIN 10 1809 - Similar Threads - Audio word pronunciation

2. Whatsapp doesn't work on my Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whatsapp doesn't work on my Win 10: I am used to connecting my Whatsapp on my phone to my desktop so I can reply and check my messages while working. sometime last month in September the desktop app updated. Since then when I try to connect it scans the code and just keeps going round like it's connecting but...
  3. Win 10 version 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 version 1809: should I roll back from 1809 to 1803 Win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-version-1809/9a73769f-3da5-4149-9ebb-5cd80e0dcf8c
  4. Win 10 update 1809

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 update 1809: Printer (wifi) will not print. I troubleshooted, reconnected printer with wifi. Error printing. ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-update-1809/99efbbf6-1d7a-4d11-86c6-d1fc3e8d6c43
  5. Audio doesn't transmit, but my microphone works?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio doesn't transmit, but my microphone works?: I hopped on my computer today, expecting to just start playing a game. I wanted to try out my old speakers I had, so I plugged them in the back of my computer. They didn't work, so I just plugged my headphones in, also in the back. I couldn't hear anything, though. I went to...
  6. Microphone doesn't work with Realtek audio manager

Microphone doesn't work with Realtek audio manager: When I plug my mic in to the correct pink audio jack, the realtek manager shows up and asks me what type of device im using so i click mic in and then go to recording devices to make sure that it is working when i see that it isnt, i messed with all of the settings and found...
  7. G75VW Laptop 5.1 audio doesn't work in Windows 10

G75VW Laptop 5.1 audio doesn't work in Windows 10: I have a G75VW laptop from ASUS with Via HD audio and the 5.1 audio doesn't work with any of the drivers. I don't know if this is due to the drivers just not being available yet, or if there's some trick to make them work, but right now I can only get 2.0 audio from the...
  8. Keyboard doesn't work after Win 10 login

Keyboard doesn't work after Win 10 login: Hi Guys, I am looking for some help. After upgrading to Win 10 from Win 8.1 I can use my keyboard on my laptop to login but after that my keyboard ceases to work. The filter key box is not checked and my mouse works normally. Any tips or advice would be greatly...
  9. Win + D doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Win + D doesn't work: Several months ago, the Win + D shortcut stopped working. To the best of my recollection (warning: my memory is not improving with age!) I had made no changes to my system immediately prior to its ceasing to work. It just stopped. I have tried a number of other Win +...
  10. Win+X doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Win+X doesn't work anymore: pressing Win+X doesn't show the power user menu for me anymore. right clicking Start button doesn't work either, but when I do it, the mouse cursor jumps several pixels up and to the right. I did sfc /scannow and it didn't fix the issue. does anyone know how to fix it?...